Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stephanie. Vince's daughter. She's been an on and off regular screen presence on WWE TV since 1999, with the 2004-2008 period being the period where she made the fewest appearances.

And ofc, we all know she's married to Triple H.

Your thoughts on her?

Well, as a character she fills her role well enough being the bitchy spoiled rich bosses daughter, even if she's quite annoying at times. She did help Triple H get over in 1999-2001 and both made a good power couple and team.

As for her work behind the scenes... well I'm not so sure. I mean, she is or was head of creative for years and we all know how a lot of storylines and booking decisions in WWE have been illogical and stupid this current century. Plus, her being married to Triple H gives him a lot of leverage and power as well. Not that she's the main reason he had the career he had, but clearly it made him win more world titles and main event more PPVs and WMs than he should have.

As for her policies... well I dunno, but based on some comments of hers I've heard/read on social media a lot of them have been head scratching.

No idea what she's like as a person, so I might be being very unfair to her, but she gives off a rather unlikable vibe. She comes across as an arrogant narcissist. As someone who lives in a rather small bubble like her father does. But I guess that applies to most rich people out there?

I'm not a fan of Stephanie, I must say. In fact, I think the McMahons always end up overstaying their welcome in storylines/feuds. I only truly enjoy watching Vince on tv, and even nowadays I can't really stand looking at him anymore.

Only time will tell if Stephanie and Triple H will be good for WWE in the future once Vince steps down, but I can't say I have too much faith in them, especially not Stephanie.

What about you? What are your honest thoughts on Stephanie McMahon Levesque?

·
tombstone blues
14,293 Posts
She's doing the best she can :trolldog

·
Banned
687 Posts
She was good from McMahon Helmsley faction up until Authority. I like her, at least she doesn't try to beat up the other women unlike a certain other McMahon member

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
I watched her stuff during the mcmahon HHH regime in 1999-2001 she was fun back then her best work was the love triangle with Kurt HHH kn 2000 , her authority run sucked lately , her voice changed a lot during the years which is annoying , her main problem is that she never gets any beatdowns rarely back in 2000 she used to be made fun off and beaten a lot which made her less annoying , as a person i don't know so i can't judge but she seems like a nice person from what i see .

·
Used to be a Dreamer, Dreamin' of a Fire
6,351 Posts
One of the best mic workers they've got. Infinite heat. Still, as an onscreen personality who rarely wrestles, her rants are often pointless, gratuitous and self indulgent and lead to nothing for the actual talent. If her character were to be retired for now I really wouldn't mind

·
Registered
16,454 Posts
Oh 'honest' thoughts of Stephanie McMahon hmm?

Literal channel changer. And I don't mean that metaphorically I mean I really do change the channel when she comes on. Me and my girlfriend hate her so much. She's unbearable.

Her voice, her ego, the way she emasculates all the men and they cannot even fight back, hell she does it to the women too, just hearing her promos, her smug face, her chin of death. She isnt that good on the mic in my opinion, she's whiny as all hell when she talks.

She isnt even a good heel, not in the true sense of a heel, when I think of classic heels I think of Triple H, Rick Rude, or Ric Flair, or even Vince McMahon, (or recent example Tommasso Ciampa) people you hate so much but still want to stay tuned so you can see them get their comeuppance. Stephanie McChin , I mean McMahon, is like having your ears being drilled with shit and your eyes burned out with sulfuric acid. Every time she is off TV is another day I am thankful for living

And unpopular opinion, I hated her in the Attitude Era too. I really do act like she burned down my house and killed my family, but that's the vibes she gives off. Literal poison for the senses.

So yea... not fond of her....

·
Registered
847 Posts
She could be a good heel, but she's not. I don't no if it's the feminist agenda where she has to put herself in a position of power, or incompetence, or narcissism. I don't know. But she's still useless to the show.

She was good tho when she was with Triple H, in 99-01. She's better as a character then as a real GM, or comissioner or some bullshit. She'll always be McMahon's daughter, and HHH's wife, because she's not as good as they are, and is on the show only because of them.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
She was made head of creative when she had no business in doing so. She was only 24 and had spent a lot of her years working for WWF selling merchandise and working telephones. She wasn't qualified for that position and has said to be very combative and confrontational when someone disagrees with her. Classic nepotism that started the LONG declining slope we're still dealing with today

Stephanie, like Vince, appears to suffer from an inferiority complex where they always seem to be on the defensive. I obviously don't know Shane or Linda, but just going on interviews and body language, I'd say both appear to be a lot more comfortable in their own skin and more confident

·
Registered
52 Posts
Stephanie was great when she first started 20 years ago (and she was also hot as fuck) but she’s been tough to watch for at least a decade. Both McMahon kids are wastes of time really.

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts
I'm sure she's nice enough in real life, but as a on screen character I don't care for her at all. She's one of the few people who actually gets groans from me when her music hits :lol

It's annoying she only gets her comeuppance at Wrestlemania and nowhere else, and that she emasculates all the men. It was lovely last year when she vanished for like 8 months lol.

·
Registered
15,518 Posts
Probably the most detrimental person when it comes to creative. As soon as she was made head of creative the ratings took a nosedive and they haven't recovered since. Vince was obviously not going to demote his own daughter from the position.

On screen and off she comes across as a massive two-faced b**** that will take credit for things that aren't deserved. Even when she looks nice and happy off screen, it somehow comes across as being not very genuine at all.

She's probably very good at some business-related aspects. She seems to have a similar drive and take-no-prisoners attitude than her father does which is an admirable trait to have. Honestly I'd trust the WWE in her hands more than in Shane's, even if Shane comes across as a cooler / nicer person. Just keep Steph the fuck away from creative.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts