Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay lets have a nice little thread with everyones true and honest opinions on the Vintage michael cole.

My opinion: I still feel he thinks hes the best announcer in WWE history. He is very annoying, he can't call a match for shit, I dislike his opinions on certain wrestlers. And overall i really can't stand the useless prick.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
He sucks at his job and the ony reason people are saying he's getting good is just because he talks about the IWC, and people think:"OMG! He's talking about us! Cool!".

I miss JR...

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
I think he works as heel because he actually annoys people< I can't remember the last time I was so behind a babyface as I am now in Daniel Bryan. Michael Cole has helped but Bryan over.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Cole and Matthews are good together.

Cole and Grish were good together.

Cole and JBL were good together.

Cole and Tazz were good together.

Cole is good when Striker is around on PPV.

Cole sucks on Raw.

Who's Cole with on Raw?

You might have forgotton, seeing as his partner is so bland, dull and uninterested. It's King by the way.

My verdict - the man can only try so hard to carry a partner.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts

Cole sucks on Raw.

Who's Cole with on Raw?

You might have forgotton, seeing as his partner is so bland, dull and uninterested. It's King by the way.

Good point. King needs to go.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
I rarely heard people bash Cole until he came to Raw. He was basically the voice of SD but now that he's on Raw, he's basically being forced to say what WWE tells him just so they can use some of his quotes later on in their promo vids or something.

Which is why people love the NXT cole way more than on raw cause NXT is mostly the real cole while raw is just the scripted one.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I don't really care as it's a qualified announcer whether he make a few mistakes or not bothers me none as Jim Ross made them too. People really need to get off this bandwagon. Good Ol' J.R. this, Good Ol' J.R. that, he's a voice and not a wrestler for God's sakes. J.R.'s gone and likely not going to be a regular announcer again as it conflicts with his need for good health. Compared to other announcers, Cole is really the only guy to have handling Raw's play by play.

·
Premium Member
8,457 Posts
I think Cole is gold, he is great at being the annoying heel. He works great with other heels ie, Tazz & JBL during thier tenure. And Cole is entertaining with the Miz/Danielson storyline going on. I think he has huge potential. People have been saying he has been the leader of Nexus since it began and or GM and I wouldn't mind seeing that.

@Everyone wanting JR back, sure JR was the shit but they need to make new commentators, there are only so many more Mania's JR can commentate and even now he is making tons of mistakes. I think Cole is doing a great job.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Cole is as good as the partner he's with at the table.. just look at AdamleGM's list. IMO his best work was with Tazz and JBL, they brought out the best in Cole. Even his brief stint with Heyman on Smackdown was very good.

The current problem is Jerry Lawler, get rid of him and we may see some improvement. Although I still think he fits more on the Smackdown brand, since he pretty much became the voice of that show.

Another problem is RAW will always be JR's show, and nothing will change that. The same thing goes for Smackdown, no one can replace Cole as the voice of Smackdown.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts

Cole sucks on Raw.

Who's Cole with on Raw?

Your user name and a thread about commentators :lmao

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Honestly, I think ALL of the WWE announcers today suck. I do not hate Michael Cole any more than any of the others. If anything I may hate Lawler's work most than the rest if I had to choose an absolute worst announcer. But he wouldn't win by much.

·
Registered
721 Posts
My honest opinion no mater who you partner him with.
I suggest he better better turn heel. He's much better at it.

·
A superhero that saves your GF from your sex game.
3,830 Posts
I think he works as heel because he actually annoys people< I can't remember the last time I was so behind a babyface as I am now in Daniel Bryan. Michael Cole has helped but Bryan over.
I've never had a problem with him tbh. He should've stayed as a Backstage Interviewer though IMO.
Both of these.

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
9,856 Posts
I've never thought he had much of any talent as a commentator. But as a mic worker, he showed me something I didn't know he was capable of.

Commentating? He doesn't have it. Never has, never will. But if he stepped out in a heel manager or heel GM role, he'd be VERY effective, end of story.

·
Registered
203 Posts
He's not bad for WWE's current product, though if he was ever forced to actually call wrestling moves he would probably end up crying in the corner like a baby. But he tells the WWE "story" well , far better than Lawler, who really just feels like he's tired and misses JR.

The problem with replacing King is that you will have to find a new Face color commentator to work with Cole and WWE doesn't have one.

·
Registered
5,566 Posts
It was going to be hard for anyone to replace JR over on raw. I feel Michael Cole has done a fair job at it. Not the best but he has done the best he can. The only problem I have is with him taking bad about Daniel Bryan. Enough with that. Where is that even heading anyways?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts