Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone else really enjoy the character? I thought Bucci excelled in his role and produced a lot of laugh out loud moments for me. I know it was only meant to be a comedy character though. I would've liked to have seen him in more of a prominent position in the midcard as NOVA COULD GO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzPbcvAww5w

This is great. I loved a lot of WWE from early to mid 2005.

·
"The Sex Tornado"
2,260 Posts
I love his promo/match with Batista. It was a good character IMO. Everyone hates people calling them fat so it made the character a great heel anyway. Add in someone as charismatic as Nova, and it made the whole gimmick work.

·
Banned
18,555 Posts
Bucci was a wonderful talent that was a given a great character to work with. The best part besides seeing him get his ass kicked (and rightfuly so) was him coming out to the ring on his segway and shilling his Simon System products. Great stuff! I also found his odd pairing with Maven to be quite enjoyable.

- Vic

·
Premium Member
10,198 Posts
Simon Dean was PWI wrestler of the year in both 2005 and 2006. Just trust me on that, no need to google for clarification.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Besides that i love his Gimmick, and really hated him as a mark. His Gimmick always reminded me of Rick Rude, specifcly what he would say before his Match"What i would like to have right now from you Fat, Out of Shape Hillbillys is absolute silence" That was when he was in the South, he always would adjust^^.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
He's enhancement talent. Case in point. I just saw him vs Batista...I might have just become a Batista fan.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
I was a big fan of Simon Dean, only because I was a fan of him even when he was Super Nova in his early run in ECW/BWO. But with the Simon Dean gimmick, midcard is about as high as he could get. Towards the end of his WWE run I remember him working good matches with young guys all the time on Velocity. He is basically what Goldust is in today's WWE, interesting character, good worker but never anything higher than midcard

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
The gimmick had a lot of potential, but I can't recall ever actually enjoying his performances of the character, to be honest.

·
Premium Member
5,918 Posts
He was fantastic. They should have toned down the gimmick/made him more menacing, so that he wasn’t a throwaway comic character. They could/should have pushed him hard. I think he easily could have been an upper mid card heel, and credible enough to fill in the top heel ME spots when required.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts