Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Heroes For Hire
15,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never bought a special or collector's edition of a video game before up until now,and i know some people buy them all the time. So i was just wondering what everyone's first(or first few) collector's edition was. For me Resistance 3 & Skyward Sword's collector's editions are going to be my first,i still don't know if i'm buying Arkham City's collector's edition or not.

·
Sorry bout your damn luck
3,483 Posts
Halo 2 limited edition for the regular X-Box was one of the first special editions of a game I had ever bought.

The only other one since then was the Bioshock 2 collector's edition for the PS3 which set me back $150. That was a very sweet set which came with an actual record of the soundtrack for the game as well a sweet hardcover book of game art and a Donnie Darko esque poster.

Here's a pic although it is for the 360 version -

·
Indeed
16,935 Posts
The Lunar Eternal Blue: Complete Special Edition for the PS1, though I'm not sure it counts, since it was the ONLY edition of the game (Working Designs was very much like Atlus USA, bless their souls). As far as an actual special edition of a game (with a regular edition also in print), it would probably be the Final Fantasy XII CE that Gamestop had made. When I bought it, it was the same price, so I figured why the hell not.

Lunar 2:

FFXII:

·
Sorry bout your damn luck
3,483 Posts
I have a rather rare collectors edition of a PS1 game, Lunar Silver Star Story Complete, which is also a great RPG too.

Got it when it first came out in 1998, I believe it was.

·
Indeed
16,935 Posts
I have a rather rare collectors edition of a PS1 game, Lunar Silver Star Story Complete, which is also a great RPG too.

Got it when it first came out in 1998, I believe it was.

Sadly, I bought the Used version at the time, which was just the jewel case, the games, and the OST/Making Of. I only have Lunar 2's stuff.

·
22,784 Posts
I have a total of zero. Main reason is because the ones I see these days are overpriced to absolute fuck, and contain nothing more than a shitty book and a damn statue. No thanks. Wish I was into The Godfather when that game first came out though, would have liked to have bought the special coffin box edition at least. My mate's brother was doing work experience in a game shop at the time and they gave it to him for free at the end of the two weeks he was there. Bastard :p.

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
I want to say the Gears 2 special edition was the first I got, but there's something in the back of my head saying it isn't.

That's the first one I remember getting at least.

·
Banned
1,060 Posts
What a waste of money these 'special editions' are. I don't have any.

EDIT: Come to think of it, I have this, only cause it was the same price as the normal edition, but fuck what a terrible game this was.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
First one I had was Oblivion for xbox360, sadly I can't find a decent picture.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I have little to none of collectors as I find them overprice like most of the others do, but there are some games that I enjoyed very much which made me sad for not purchasing the collector editions in the first place.

My first CE: Mass Effect 2

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
I don't have any Collecters Editions as such but I do have Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker w/ Ocarina of Time & Master Quest on the GameCube and Resident Evil 4 in the metal box on the PS2.

·
The One Free Man
7,331 Posts
I think the first one that I bought was the Gears of War Collectors Edition, however that was used. The first that I bought brand new and first day purchase was GTA: IV's Special Edition. I have bought many over the years, some new, some pre-owned. Also have a few on pre-orders at the moment. The ones that I do own are:

CoD4: Collectors Edition
Black Ops - Hardened Edition
Tomb Raider Underworld - Limited Edition
Perfect Dark - Collectors Edition
Stranglehold - Collectors Edition
Kane & Lynch - Limited Edition
Dragon Age - Limited Edition
Quantum of Solace - Collectors Edition
Halo 3 - Limited Edition
Blaz Blue Calamity Trigger - Limited Edition
Gears 1 + 2 - Collectors Edition
Mafia II - Collectors Edition