Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who's your favourite wrestler that perhaps wasn't the most technically sound or skilled competitor?

My choice is The Ultimate Warrior. Not great in the ring at all but talk about personality and charisma. When his music hit the arenas were absolutely bouncing. Very few wrestlers can connect with an audience to that degree.
Despite his shortcomings he was in two classic matches at back to back Wrestlemanias. Against Hogan at WM6 and against Savage at WM7

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
Piper.

·
Phantom Thief
17,449 Posts
:steiner2 :steiner2 :steiner2 :steiner2 :steiner2 :steiner2 :steiner2 :steiner2 :steiner2 :steiner2 :steiner2 :steiner2 :steiner2 :steiner2 :steiner2 :steiner2 :steiner2 :steiner2 :steiner2 :steiner2 :steiner2 :steiner2 :steiner2 :steiner2 :steiner2 :steiner2

·
Banned
605 Posts
Probably Great Khali. Doesn't matter if he sucks in the ring or not. HE IS A GIANT.

Scott Steiner in the later part of his career. Steiner was GREAT in the ring from the beginning of his career until 1995. From 1996 to 2001 he was average. From 2002 till now he has been AWFUL. But for some reason he is still entertaining... ridiculous over the top promos that I don't think he tries to do on purpose, ridiculous look, and his personality is just alpha.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Probably Great Khali. Doesn't matter if he sucks in the ring or not. HE IS A GIANT.

Scott Steiner in the later part of his career. Steiner was GREAT in the ring from the beginning of his career until 1995. From 1996 to 2001 he was average. From 2002 till now he has been AWFUL. But for some reason he is still entertaining... ridiculous over the top promos that I don't think he tries to do on purpose, ridiculous look, and his personality is just alpha.
So not Hardcore Holly then?

·
Registered
6,245 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,567 Posts
As a kid, I liked Lex Luger. A lot.

Take him away from Flair, Windham, Sting and The Steiners & he was horrible.

I think the happiest I ever been watching wrestling was when he beat Hogan for the title in '97.

Luger had something about him that really made him come off as a big star in the 90s without being shoved down people's throats in WCW.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
I loved Lesnar as a kid and I've heard he does not like the travel. Not sure if that makes him a bad worker.
No way. At least thats my take. I'd love to travel. I can see why someone would hate it though. Brock is an introverted recluse and painfully socially awkward I have heard.

Undertaker
HBK
LITA
Sid
Eddie Guerrero
William Regal
Ric Flair
Razor Ramon
Mick Foley
Vader
Right on. Just curious.

How do you feel about the HBK/Sid matches in 96-97?

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Loving the Sid following in here. Noticed on his Wiki page he was actually involved in an Observer 5* match (WarGames 91). Match generally worth the rating? Haven't watched too much old WCW and can't find it on Youtube.

Also with OP on Warrior, can't not like him - the entertaining crackpot that he is.

·
Registered
22,784 Posts
The 91 Wargames match is awesome. Not quite ***** for me, but tremendous still. That being said it isn't SID that gets it a high rating. All he really does is nearly kill Pillman with 2 deadly powerbombs (the cage roof is too low...).

1 - 20 of 98 Posts