Wrestling Forum banner

Favourite incarnation of The Rock

• Rocky Maivia

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Nation of Domination

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Corporate Rock

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • 1999-2001 Face (laid back smooth talking)

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • 2001-2002 Face (much more jokey and intense)

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Hollywood Heel

Votes: 16 27.6%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What the title says.
And seeing as, Rock is easily one of the most talked about stars on this forum.

Go and check out Don Draper's favourite Austin incarnation too (as I got the idea of his thread of course).

·
Registered
223 Posts
Heel Rock, Corporate Rock.

His last year in WWE where he was in the The Scorpion King film and going to leave WWE to become an actor so was heel he was amazing. Rock's microphone skills and the way he worked up the crowd, even as face or heel was unbelievable. The Rock concert was fucking hilarious:

"The absolute best part about being here in Sacramento? In about an hour and a half The Rock gets to LEAVE Sacramento".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mfFNyQRirY

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Hollywood Rock was the only time I ever really liked him, he could be funny now and again before that but he was on his A Game at that point.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Hollywood Rock, though it was very short. I liked the music, his new tattoos, and the shaved head.

The two concerts he had were fun, and it was cool how he mocked the opponents - like when he wore Hogan's bandanna and Austin's vest.

2nd is the 1999-2001 face.

I'd rank it:

1) Hollywood Rock
2) 1999-2001 face
3) Corporate Rock
4) Nation of Domination
5) Rocky Maiva
6) 2001-2002 face (He was dull here, and fans started to boo him)

·
Post McMahon Era
1,236 Posts
1. Hollywood Rock
2. Corporate Rock
3. 1999-2001 face
4. 2001-2002 face
5. Nation of Domination
6. Rocky Maiva

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Hollywood Rock was great and I was very entertained by him but my favorite incarnation of The Rock is Corporate Rock. That was when I became a really big fan of his and recognized how great Rock could be.

·
ALL HAIL THE MAHARAJA
2,284 Posts
Hollywood Rock by a mile.

He was very entertaining in that time period and I loved his new look and music.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
1. Hollywood Rock
2. 2001-2002 face
3. 1999-2001 face
4. Corporate Rock
5. Rocky Maiva
6. Nation of Domination
and 2004 time of wm 20 he was so so great

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I'm pretty torn between the Corporate and Hollywood choices. Its hard to pick a winner when you have such classic moments as singing "smackdown hotel" during a match with Mankind, or the Rock-cam during his 2nd title match against Austin, compared to the epic stuff like his concerts in 2003.

On balance, I'm going to go with the Corporate Rock, because that run was what turned him into a superstar.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts