• Matt Striker

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • CM Punk

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Booker T

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Other (Please Mention)

Votes: 2 3.1%

Your Favorite Wrestler turned Announcer.

2706 Views 29 Replies 27 Participants Last post by  2ManyLimes!
Many wrestlers have taken to announcing matches, post retirement, or sometimes just to give them time to recover from an injury. Some do a good job, and have successful careers in announcing, while the others don't, and are never much appreciated. Which of these wrestler turned announcers is your personal favorite?
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
980 Posts
How come you left out Heenan?

· Registered
980 Posts

· You're better than that Cole.
3,991 Posts
In the Attitude/New Generation era it’s no doubt Jerry “The King” Lawler for pure entertainment perspective, it is amazing how much I despise the guy after 2005 of being so stale and boring in this Face gimmick now. I know WWE is very mediocre in today’s mainstream and I can understand the lack of passion from many guys now but seriously Lawler can atleast act like he still has some ounce of passion in what he is doing through commentary cause he is being carried and outperformed by Cole who himself is a very horrible commentator (but entertaining strictly as a character).

For the Aggression era and for today it’s King Booker/Booker from entertaining perspective, he is just a natural comedian even if he is not trying to be funny, Booker is just gold all around and he just brings the energy through his commentary and most importantly of all-he enjoys what he is doing and you can just tell he is very excited of finally doing what he always wanted once he hanged up his wrestling boots (even though that’s not exactly certain at this moment).

Now for my favorite wrestler turned announcer of all time, for overall quality from calling a match, putting guys over, discussing storylines, knows his history, the moves, and just get you to really listen on what he is saying is none other then JBL. If you want to see a true Heel commentator who puts both Heel AND FACE wrestlers over and actually pay attention to the match while still being so entertaining, it’s this man. The new character of Cole today can only dream of being this great through commentary.

· Registered
6,870 Posts
JBL. I would go Lawler, but his dreadful commentary of the last five years conflicts with his awesome commentary of the AE/Ruthless Agression. JBL was a heel commentator who actually put EVERYONE involved in the match over.

· No Cena is good Cena
2,445 Posts
Anyone who doesn't vote for Ventura is obviously unfamiliar with his work. JBL, while very good and highly entertaining, isn't fit to shine Jesse's shoes and that's a scientific fact. Jesse had a way of making every match feel important. Christ, he made "Dangerous" Danny Davis matches unfold like a Shakespearean tragedy. No one has come close to filling his (and Heenan's) void and that's the most frustrating thing about watching the current product. In many ways he's the exact opposite of Cole or Stryker.

As for the other options:

Gorilla Monsoon - a close second, a solid commentator and the perfect foil for Heenan
Randy Savage - terrible and awkward
Jerry Lawler - mediocre, I never forgave him for the "puppies" thing
Tazz - the worst commentator in the history of wrestling
John Bradshaw Leyfield - great
Mick Foley - decent
Matt Striker - more concerned with hearing himself talk than calling the match
CM Punk - too soon to tell
Booker T - too soon to tell

· Registered
255 Posts
JBL was awesome.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.