Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Undertaker is arguably the WWE's greatest mainstay competitor. He has been a significant figure since his debut at Survivor Series 1990. He has wrestled in countless memorable encounters. Which of them is your favorite?

My personal favorite would be his match with Kurt Angle at No Way Out 2006.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
IMO simply put, for a big man he has had way too many good matches to pick just 1 like eg:
taker/Lesnar HIAC
Taker/Michaels WM 25 and 26
Taker/orton WM
Taker/angle
taker/batista WM
taker/trips WM

I know for a fact that I'm forgetting alot of great matches that Taker had but those are just a few worth mentioning i think

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,037 Posts
Undertaker Vs Kane Wresltmania 14

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Taker vs Michaels Wrestlemania 26(Don't care what anybody says this match was better than 25)
Taker vs Angle on Smackdown
Taker vs Michaels Hell in a Cell
Taker vs Jeff Hardy Ladder match on Raw
Taker vs Rock vs Angle at Vengeance
Taker vs Randy Orton WM 21

·
Registered
409 Posts
Vs HBK Hell in a Cell

Second is VS Angle at No Way Out '06.

The only fault in the Angle match was the finish; Angle should have won more dominantly. This was the perfect time for Undertaker to finally tap out.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Taker/HBK (HIAC)

·
Banned
306 Posts
I will always remember his 2 WrestleMania matches with HBK. Also, his HIAC with Mankind will always be one of my personel faviortes I remember seeing it live. My Jaw was on the floor the entire time.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,037 Posts
Vs HBK Hell in a Cell

Second is VS Angle at No Way Out '06.

The only fault in the Angle match was the finish; Angle should have won more dominantly. This was the perfect time for Undertaker to finally tap out.
Nah, it goes against his character and wouldn't have made any sense, also making Undertaker tap would be just as epic as someone beating his Wresltmania streak. If he does tap, it should be used to elevate someone new. Angle on the other dosen't need it. I'd rather someone like Daniel Bryan make him tap instead.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Nah, it goes against his character and wouldn't have made any sense, also making Undertaker tap would be just as epic as someone beating his Wresltmania streak. If he does tap, it should be used to elevate someone new. Angle on the other dosen't need it. I'd rather someone like Daniel Bryan make him tap instead.
You can't use that to elevate someone new. If Daniel Bryan - someone whom many people don't know - makes him tap, then Taker would look weak.

That's why tapping out against Angle would have worked; it wouldn't make him look weak.

·
The Winds of Change
5,627 Posts
Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels (Hell in a Cell)- Badd Blood 1997
Undertaker vs. Triple H - Wrestlemania X-Seven
Undertaker vs. Kurt Angle - No Way Out 2006
Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels - Wrestlemania 25

·
You are being watched
5,683 Posts
Whenever I think of Taker, I automatically think of his ladder match vs Jeff Hardy, and vice versa, when I think of Jeff Hardy I also think of the match. Probably because it was Hardy's best ever match, and simply because it was an amazing match. Was it his best though? Not by a long shot. I loved his whole feud with Orton, and the Hell In A Cell match was classic, but I have to say his match at WM 26 with HBK was the best, in my opinion!

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,037 Posts
You can't use that to elevate someone new. If Daniel Bryan - someone whom many people don't know - makes him tap, then Taker would look weak.

That's why tapping out against Angle would have worked; it wouldn't make him look weak.
With enough crediblity and enough build up, Daniel Bryan could be a good candidate to make Taker tap, and if done right, it could be made to make Taker look strong even after tapping as well. Kurt Angle proberly could have made it work, but it wouldn't have done anything more for his career, it would be just like Kevin Nash beating Goldberg's streak.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Vs. Shawn Michaels from Wrestlemania 25. This year's match was great as well, but didn't get me to flip out like Mania 25. I was throwing punches along with the Dead Man in my chair. Hadn't marked out like that in over a decade.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,822 Posts
To name one I don't think has been said yet, sometimes I think the defining match of Randy Orton's entire career was vs. Undertaker at Wrestlemania XXI. Watching it again recently, it's amazing how practically perfect the match actually is, brimming with flawless psychology. So many great spots and counters, too.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts