Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
the whole night mem took over impact was nothing but awesome the whole show. both the guns and beer money winning the tag titles were good too in recent memory. flair doing promos from a wheelchair or the one where lethal and flair were woooing back and forth was nothing short of awesome. that's all the stuff i can think of off the top of my head.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Angle/Joe first confrontation.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^Totally agree...Angle and Joe in the same ring was epic.Also Angle's TNA debut,that really took me by surprise.

·
Banned
10,007 Posts
Probably The Gathering turning on Raven in December of 2003 in the Cage Match, but there's also the Barbed Wire Massacre Match of Turning Point 2005, Hogan and Bischoff's TNA debuts, Anderson's TNA debut, AJ beating Jarrett for the title at Hard Justice 2005, Angle's debut, Raven's debut, the first show on SpikeTV.

The quality of TNA's shows in the weekly PPV era is so underrated because so few people were aware of them at the time. They went all out for each show and it came off like an Attitude Era episode of Raw every time.

I find it sad that only a small number of people are willing to offer a shred of positivity and post in a thread like this. If it was a 'Worst Moment in TNA History' thread then you'd all be out in force trying to bury TNA.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Anything before Eric/Hogan counts as my favorite moment.

But if I had to pick one, it would be Angle/Joe... That headbutt was pretty sweet!

·
Banned
7,852 Posts
The night I watched Victoria show up[ and demolish the Beautiful people... Only due to the fact that I thought she had actually retired, knew nothing of her signing prior. And when she showed up I marked like a fucking bitch.

yeah obviously I was gonna go for that... Seeing Winter was also cool, but read it on here beforehand so didn't really care, still marked though :p

·
Banned
1,788 Posts
i remember hearing about angle.. that was pretty cool

sting coming back to TNA after the weekly ppvs

hogans debut.. i was truly having a wow moment.. as sad as it sounds, i was actually excited

mickie james debut was rather weak.. but still one of my fav tna moments (shes one of the main reasons i watch wrestling)

there's a lot. tna has done a lot of great things.. its too bad theyve done a lot more bad things. so people focus on the bad

·
Registered
907 Posts
Raven achieving his Destiny at Slammiversary in the King of the Mountain 2005 match

Christian Cage and AJ Styles running away from Abyss in a pick-up truck
"Anything but country.." lol

·
Registered
673 Posts
Cody Deaner winnning the KO title.
And of course, the moment when Hogan gave his HOF ring to Abyss. That was soooo cool.

:stupid:

But seriously, the MEM takeover was my favorite TNA show.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Elix Skipper walking the cage .(The whole match in general ,it just presented great tag team wrestling again.)

Raven winning the title for me was one of my biggest mark out moments ,first Tna show I watched too.

Christian Cage debuting .I didn't check the interent news/forums so this was a big shock for me when it happened and when he won the belt was a great moment too.

Samoa Joe being on fire in the x divison and the whole x division in general.Wtching wrestlers like Joe ,Styles ,Daniels ,Red ,Sabin etc was nothing like I had ever seen before and it blew my mind at the time.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
Probably The Gathering turning on Raven in December of 2003 in the Cage Match, but there's also the Barbed Wire Massacre Match of Turning Point 2005, Hogan and Bischoff's TNA debuts, Anderson's TNA debut, AJ beating Jarrett for the title at Hard Justice 2005, Angle's debut, Raven's debut, the first show on SpikeTV.

The quality of TNA's shows in the weekly PPV era is so underrated because so few people were aware of them at the time. They went all out for each show and it came off like an Attitude Era episode of Raw every time.

I find it sad that only a small number of people are willing to offer a shred of positivity and post in a thread like this. If it was a 'Worst Moment in TNA History' thread then you'd all be out in force trying to bury TNA.
It probably has a lot to do with the fact that, as you said, not many people saw the peak of TNA. A lot of people have only seen the more recent, IMO much worse, stuff, so they're not exactly going to be rushing to praise it. There is a lot of negativity on here, but unfortunately a fair amount is justified.

I'm gonna go for Elix Skipper's cage walk. An obvious, but great, moment. Angle's debut was pretty awesome too, as was the MCMG's winning the tag titles finally.

·
Banned
7,852 Posts
^^^^ Ah the years gone by in TNA.

Who can forget hmm let me think... The Flying Elvises?.... Trytan?... Pacman Jones? ... The Impact Cage Dancers?... or a guy winning a Miss TNA crown?

·
Registered
954 Posts
People always loo back on the past more fondly as their memories focus on the extremes the good or the bad (generally the good) and remember only the main features rather than all the little bits. Im sure that in 5 years time people will look back at the moment and talk about all the good going on just now, forgetting all the crap that was also happening.

Personally my favourite moments would have to be the Angle debut and his incident with Joe, a simple head butt said so much. Id also like to mention all the great matches between AJ and Angle, then had so many but yet they never got repetitive or boring, always finding ways to change and adapt

1 - 20 of 51 Posts