Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earlier on today whilst not much on workwise i sat back and started watching old shoot interviews on Youtube and Dailymotion and came across an old shoot interview with Shawn Michaels from late 1999 which i had seen before but loved. Obviously being a HUGE Shawn Michaels mark played a major part in my enjoyment but one thing i have always liked about Shawn Michaels is how honest he always was because he never cared if people liked him or not.

In the interview he said a lot of great things about The Undertaker being the greatest wrestler he had ever worked with as well as Stone Cold Steve Austin and Owen Hart and gave a lot of insight into how things were back in the era when WWE was struggling. He spoke honestly about everything although he didn't tell the truth about what happened in Montreal in the match at Survivor Series 97 against Bret Hart but he was always told to deny any knowledge about what happened for years even after the event.

I always loved the shoot interviews with Kevin Nash as well because much like Shawn Michaels he never really cared what people thought about him so just spoke honestly about what he was asked, in his interviews he gave great insight into WWE and WCW. One i loved surprisingly though was with King Kong Bunday who was absolutely crazy and didn't hold back on his opinions on anyone at all, so what is your favorite shoot interview.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Anything by The Iron Sheik that guy simply enough is just a nut. Finished watching a few shoots on YouTube from him and all I can really say is wow. Sheik is the king of shoot interviews.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anything with Jim Cornette is gold.
All of the shoot interviews with Jim Cornetter are absolutely brilliant but there are so many of them that sitting down to watch them is so much better to do in one go rather than flitting around between a few different people. Some of the things that Jim Cornetter said about Vince Russo and Sunny will live on in my mind forever, the man just cut's loose and it absolutely brutal.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
I myself find Ken Patera's ROH 2004 shoot to be a nice little bedtime story.

I got it back in October. I've probably watch it over 25 times as Patera cracks me up for reasons I can't quite explain. It's like old grandad telling you stories from 'his day' while using profanity because he doesn't give a toss what you think of him anymore.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k29CqXpAF6GYPQ1F6hD

Going mental on Gabe. :D

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I myself find Ken Patera's ROH 2004 shoot to be a nice little bedtime story.

I got it back in October. I've probably watch it over 25 times as Patera cracks me up for reasons I can't quite explain. It's like old grandad telling you stories from 'his day' while using profanity because he doesn't give a toss what you think of him anymore.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k29CqXpAF6GYPQ1F6hD

Going mental on Gabe. :D
Ha ha great stuff

·
Registered
147 Posts
Link, OP? Sounds interesting.

As for me, the whole Off The Record show (when they have wrestlers) is a great half hour shoot. They've had just about everyone, Heyman, McMahon, Taker, Jericho, Kurt, Bret, Shawn, blah blah

·
Hunter of Invisible Game
37,907 Posts
If anyone here hasn't seen ROH produced Straight Shootin' w/Samoa Joe & CM Punk should check it out. REALLY entertaining stuff.

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
my favorite is Jim Cornette, amazingly i agree 80% with his views on WWF/E products and his views on the people in wrestling industry.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I have seen so many...i can't remember half of them. But i really enjoyed the Guys who gave a insight in to the Business, or you see how kind they are(Godfather, D-LoBrown, Eddie Guerrero), everything with the Shiek, his worst Shoot Interviews are still top. If somebody wants to laugh watch that or Londrick, they are just dellusional fucks.

·
Registered
919 Posts
The shoot with Konnan interviewed by Jim Cornette is good.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Link, OP? Sounds interesting.

As for me, the whole Off The Record show (when they have wrestlers) is a great half hour shoot. They've had just about everyone, Heyman, McMahon, Taker, Jericho, Kurt, Bret, Shawn, blah blah
Just look for Shawn Michaels shoot interview on Youtube and you will find it as it is still to this day the only one he has ever done.

·
Banned
858 Posts
Earlier on today whilst not much on workwise i sat back and started watching old shoot interviews on Youtube and Dailymotion and came across an old shoot interview with Shawn Michaels from late 1999 which i had seen before but loved. Obviously being a HUGE Shawn Michaels mark played a major part in my enjoyment but one thing i have always liked about Shawn Michaels is how honest he always was because he never cared if people liked him or not.

In the interview he said a lot of great things about The Undertaker being the greatest wrestler he had ever worked with as well as Stone Cold Steve Austin and Owen Hart and gave a lot of insight into how things were back in the era when WWE was struggling. He spoke honestly about everything although he didn't tell the truth about what happened in Montreal in the match at Survivor Series 97 against Bret Hart but he was always told to deny any knowledge about what happened for years even after the event.

I always loved the shoot interviews with Kevin Nash as well because much like Shawn Michaels he never really cared what people thought about him so just spoke honestly about what he was asked, in his interviews he gave great insight into WWE and WCW. One i loved surprisingly though was with King Kong Bunday who was absolutely crazy and didn't hold back on his opinions on anyone at all, so what is your favorite shoot interview.
Shawn Micheals is a proven liar, so how do you know he's being honest? You've already said he lied about the screwjob.

Billy Jack Haynes is a great shoot.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Joe and Punk's Roh shoot is pure gold .It's my favourite just ahead of the London/Kendrick shoot.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Shawn Micheals is a proven liar, so how do you know he's being honest? You've already said he lied about the screwjob.

Billy Jack Haynes is a great shoot.
Almost forgotten that, greatest Shoot ever, what i could resemble fromthe Shoot mainly is

-Vince McMahon fucked Nancy Benoit
-Daniel Benoit is VKM son
-Vince killed Benoit or Benoit killed Nancy and Daniel for that fact

And many many more.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
I've seen loads of them. A lot of good ones have been mentioned already but Jerry Jarrett's is definitely worth a watch, as is Gary Hart's (pretty sure they're both RF, I heard the Hart one as an audio file).

Anything with Raven is great of course, smart man, Cornette obviously.

I enjoyed Bam Bam Bigelow's, seemed like a really great guy who's sadly missed.

Lanny Poffo (The Genius) is an entertaining guy, him talking about his time in WCW alone is worth the price of the dvd.

You can't go wrong with Bobby Heenan of course.

Al Snow is another smart man, he's done a few shoots and they're always good.

I'm sure I'm missing some good ones but that list should keep you going for a while.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts