Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's been done to death, but I don't think we've had a thread like this for a while. Anyway, who are your favorite promo cutters?

All Time Favorites
The Rock
Stone Cold Steve Austin
Jake "The Snake" Roberts
CM Punk
Raven
Chris Jericho

Current Favorites
The Miz
Bray Wyatt
Dean Ambrose
Kevin Owens

Other
Vince McMahon
Paul Heyman

Reactions: spagbol

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
RAW Bliss
4,925 Posts
anything other than Scott Steiner is wrong

Reactions: Superkick

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
Rock
Jericho
Vince
Heyman
Kevin Nash specifically from 96 to 98
Aba taker
triple h
heel batista
hulk hogan
randy savage

they're my favourites, might not be objectively the best but i always enjoy there stuff

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Raven.

So underappreciated. Spoke in a very deep manner, but unlike guys like Bray Wyatt who ramble on about nothing, he actually had substance and sad a lot of stuff that the fans could resonate with and relate to.

One of the best there has been. Deserved to win the world title at least once in WCW, and should have been treated much better in WWE.

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
Punk. Think he,s the best pure talker in the history of wrestling. Flair and Rock had better material though. Someone that doesnt get mentioned alot and is one of my favorites tho is Harley Race. He wasnt anything flashy. Didnt scream unlike most of the other talkers of his generation. Soft spoken and you believed every word. Such a badass

Reactions: Piehound

·
Actively avoiding Testicular Torsion
4,025 Posts
HBK (Canada Promo :ha)
CM Punk
Miz
Rock
Chris Jericho

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Only 3 wrestlers can cut a promo in the WWE at the moment. I'm not going to count wrestlers that have been around since pre 2014, because mic skills were actually fairly common back then.

All time? The Genetic Freak, Raven, Pillman, Austin, Hogan, Rock and Christian.

There ya go.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Bayley. The intensity she displays at roughly :55 is on par with Randy Savage back in 88-89. She should become the new spokesperson for Slim Jim too.

·
Registered
460 Posts
How has Flair not been mentioned yet? Dude was the GOAT on the stick I would have loved to see prime flair vs prime rock in a promo battle the awesome thing about flair's promos was that he would not only build up himself but he would build up Jim Crockett Promotions as a company. He even when his in-ring ability left him he was still gold in the mic

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Roddy Piper. the man could work a crowd like no other. Punk is close but for me its Piper

have to mention Flair tho, especially his 'mad as a box of frogs' promos where he starts strutting and woooooooo! ing, that guy truly lived his gimmick.

there are decent guys now, Owens, Cena, Jericho etc but no one was as good as Piper. Jericho is currently the best but the dude has had lots of experience!

·
Team Narcisse
7,939 Posts
All Time
1. Ric Flair
2. The Rock
3. Jim Cornette
4. Roddy Piper
5. Jake Roberts
6. Dusty Rhodes
7. Steve Austin
8. Randy Savage