Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Hogan vs. Andre on The Main Event and Hogan vs. Goldberg on Nitro are probably the two biggest free tv matches since WrestleMania started.

As for free tv matches that were important and had a high work rate, Bret vs. 123 Kid is one of the best, and I personally think HBK vs. Benoit was great too.

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
Hitman-Benoit on Nitro after the Owen death was a damn masterclass.

And I recall a classic Punk-Cena match on Raw to see who would face Rock at WM. Most obvious winner ever but that made the match that much more impressive.

·
Banned
458 Posts
drew mcintyre vs mojo on previous raw
it was a bit short but it had great storytelling and psychology

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
51,542 Posts
There's quite a few:

HBK/Razor August 1, 1994 Raw
HBK/Cena 4/23/07 Raw
HBK/Benoit 2/16/04 Raw
HBK/Marty July 1993 Raw
HBK/Benoit May 2004 Raw
HBK/HHH 12/29/03 Raw

Rollins/Bryan 8/3/14 Raw
Rollins/Pac 2015 RAW
Rollins Gauntlet match 2018 RAW
Rollins/Owens Summer 2018 Raw Open Challenge match
There's another Rollins/Bryan match from 2014, but can't remember the date.

Hall/Nash/Hogan vs. Austin/Rock March 2002 RAW

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
The immediate pick was Cena vs. HBK from London in 2007. Then the Brock/Kurt Ironman match. Then I opened the topic to find those exact two matches in the OP.

Bit too tired to really search through the vault of everything I've seen, so I'll just nominate some recent ones:

Adam Cole vs. Daniel Bryan on Smackdown
Shayna Bazsler vs. Rhea Ripley on NXT
Basically every match Rey Mysterio and Andrade have had.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Cena/Punk.

After all the history they had, Punk delivering that piledriver was amazing. There are plenty of others but this one was the first one that came to mind.

·
Registered
2 Posts
LOL, I didn't think anyone else was watching TV. Thanks to the Internet, we are able to access a huge amount of information for development. Instead, someone is still sitting on the couch watching TV.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Ill go for a different answer to not keep repeating ones said before.

TLC fatal 4 way tag match on Smackdown

·
Waiting for Kawato
776 Posts
There are a whole bunch, but one relatively recent one was the Ronda-Nattie match. That was probably the best match of Rousey's year, and it was barely even a big deal.

·
Premium Member
16,620 Posts
Can we count NXT TV? The 2 out 3 falls match between Cesaro and Sami Zayn was a huge eye opener to me for Cesaro. That's what made him my favorite wrestler at the time.

Then, Cena v Cesaro for the US title. That was a 20 minute match and the crowd went nuts. May have been in London or Canada; I mostly remember it not being in the states.

LOL, I didn't think anyone else was watching TV. Thanks to the Internet, we are able to access a huge amount of information for development. Instead, someone is still sitting on the couch watching TV.
Great input. You have 1 post in 10 months and looked like an ass.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts