Wrestling Forum banner

Your favorite (non Miss Elizabeth) 80's female valet/manager?

• Precious

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Miss Linda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Missy Hyatt

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Sunshine

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Baby Doll

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Sherri Martel

Votes: 38 71.7%
  • Woman

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Sapphire

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Dark Journey

• other (whom)

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Likes wrestling....
8,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If this poll included Miss Elizabeth this would not even be close IMO.

So really I am looking to see who WF's second favorite 80's female manager/valet.

I am legit interested in this.

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
It's tough for me to decide because while think that Woman was especially fantastic as a character much like Sherri Martel so I that they are the best female managers(perhaps ever) I have always had a huge crush on Missy Hyatt.

So I guess in terms of favourite non-Liz female manager I'm going to say Missy because damn did I love her.

·
Registered
16,455 Posts
Sherri for me, but that's mainly because of her mostly late 80's early 90's presence as a valet/manager. And the late 80's in when I was first introduced to wrestling. Anything pre-1987 is a bit of a blur outside of recently going back to look it up.

I remember Sapphire but I wouldn't put her up there near Sherri :p

While I didn't start watching WCW until 1990 I missed Missy Hyatt's earlier run, I only remember her for her brief stint in ECW in 1995 :p

The rest of those women I either cannot remember or should remember and have just forgotten :(

EDIT: Okay looked some of those women up, a few seem to be from Jim Crockett Promotions and other wrestling promotions we didn't get here in the UK unfortunately. They need to pick up some of that stuff for the Network, especially Memphis Wrestling scene when Lawler was there, I wanna watch some of that stuff :(

·
Registered
904 Posts
I went with Sherri. I remember her from when she was heel Macho Man's manager. I can still hear her screaming during matches in my head. Loved when she was the manager during the Macho/Zeus/Hogan/Brutus match and her "loaded purse" caused them to lose then got her hair snipped at the end. I think Hogan even hit her with the atomic drop then too!! Good times.

·
Premium Member
9,613 Posts
Although I do love Sherri, I went with Missy Hyatt. She was so entertaining.

Reactions: jpickens

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sherri was incredible and wins it for me. I'd rather watch her lead her man (whoever it may be at that time) to the ring than watch any diva wrestle today, personally.

Imagine if Brother Love hadn't introduced Brother Bearer and instead introduced Sister...

·
Registered
7,236 Posts
It's Sherry for me. Nothing ever seemed too far or to crazy for her to do. She was one of those performers who knew exactly what the product was and how she needed to be to suit it. She was the absolute perfect addition to Macho when he turned heel.

I didn't mind the likes of Woman or Missy but they can't hold a candle to Sherry.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Sensational Sherri hands down.
Sherri Martel was one of the best women ever in pro wrestling because she could do it all and she did it all well.

A successful women's champion that was solid in the ring.
A legendary manager to legends like Shawn Michaels, Randy Savage, Ted DiBiase, Ric Flair and Harlem Heat.
When a guy wrestled one of Sherri's guys they wrestled her too, I have never seen a female manager get involved as physically with the guys like Sherri did.
Sherri took bumps regularly from huge guys, I remember her taking Hogan's big boot, Warriors Gorilla press slam and being thrown from a cage to name a few.

Sherri was great in character, she was loud she was brash in promo work and she could talk garnering heat by being the bitch of 1980's WWE mixing that with eccentric imagery that made her bright and bold as a character also.

I credit Sensational Sherri as one of the reasons I became a WWE fan because her style was so inspirational camp and eccentric.

Sadly Sherri suffered for her years of dedication to the industry by suffering with pain that lead to self medicating and her premature passing.
Her dedication and work is always appreciated by this fan as one of the all time greats.
In all my years of being a fan I have never heard anyone say a bad word about the lady and if you look up any interviews with her on YouTube she is the total opposite of the villain she portrayed on screen and had a lot of time for her fans and was truly gracious and kind.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts