Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gimmicks are critically important to wrestling, since they define the onscreen actions of a wrestler.Over the years, there have been several creative and uncreative gimmicks hosted by the various wrestling promotions, each having different levels of success. Which is your favorite gimmick?

My personal favorite would be the Undertaker's Prince of Darkness gimmick.

·
KO
5,350 Posts
Totally off topic : stop making threads. It's like all 13 of your posts are actually opened threads, and it's getting a bit annoying seeing your name under every second one in every section.

My all time favorite would be the Y2J gimmick. It was more entertaining than anything else I've ever seen...

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Isaac Yankem, DDS. How could you not love a dentist that was also a wrestler. Bob "Spark Plug" Holly comes in second.

·
Fighting the feeling...
2,442 Posts
Totally off topic : stop making threads. It's like all 13 of your posts are actually opened threads, and it's getting a bit annoying seeing your name under every second one in every section.

My all time favorite would be the Y2J gimmick. It was more entertaining than anything else I've ever seen...
Don't say anything or you will have other members jumping down your throat when you call him out about it, 12 threads I have counted so far.

Anyways fave gimmick? Blue Meanie : |

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
As some one said the Raven gimmick is great ,as was all the 3 characters Foley portrayed.I loved the latino heat gimmick for some reason ,also the "i'm better than you ",straightedge gimmick of Punk.

El Generico is my current favourite ,a long with insane Kevin Steen.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
1. Sting

2. Ric Flair
3. Raven
4. DDP
5. El Generico

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
If you wanted stats you should've made a poll.
My favourite gimmick is Sting 96 onwards, despite it being a ripoff

·
Banned
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you wanted stats you should've made a poll.
My favourite gimmick is Sting 96 onwards, despite it being a ripoff
I thought of that in the beginning, but then I discovered that a maximum of 20 options are possible. That is vastly insufficient in most cases, and hence I didn't go for that format. In case of Triple H's WrestleMania main events however, I have used a poll, since there were only 8 possible answers.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Stone Cold! Any working class or Blue collar as you call it in America has got to love the beer drinking bad ass that hates his boss. Everybody can relate to it. Although we couldn't actually beat up our boss or we would be sacked (fired).

·
Registered
648 Posts
Gangrel obviously comes in at #1 by far

Raven and Taker's Prince of Darkness were also really badass too. I also liked Vampiro (Once again, pretty obvious there)

·
Registered
549 Posts
Raven, Stone Cold, Latino Heat, Undertaker, Viper Orton (early 2009), Honest Man Jericho.

My favourite current gimmick is Brian Kendrick, his crazy stoner theosophy character has so much potential, it's a pity TNA are fuckwits and would rather use him in comedy skits.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
In terms of a true GIMMICK Taker imo wins this hands down. Nobody has been able to create a sense of 'awe' to a gimmick like Taker has. At the same time the dude has managed to keep it going for the last 20 YEARS and its still imo, as relevant and magical as ever. The first time I ever saw Taker live was during the Halloween edition of Smackdown in 2008. When Taker's entrance started I literally jumped out of my seat and I had goosebumps everywhere. It was that amazing and I don't know what other gimmick is capable of doing that.

·
Banned
306 Posts
Masked Kane before he learned to talk all the time. Also I always loved King Booker.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts