Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Now, numbers don't make the game. That is a given. However, there are some out of the well numbered that do have a good game in them. There have been 17 movies that crossed over a billion dollars worldwide, which found the so-called Billion Dollar Club. My question: which is your favorite of those?

My personal favorite is Jurassic Park. Funny, charming, scary, exciting, entertaining... brilliant.

For those not aware of what those movies are:
- Jurassic Park
- Titanic
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
- The Lord Of The Rings: The Return Of The King
- Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
- The Dark Knight
- Alice In Wonderland
- Toy Story 3
- Transformers: Dark Of The Moon
- Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
- Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Part 2
- The Avengers
- The Dark Knight Rises
- Skyfall
- The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
- Iron Man 3

·
Asuka
96,553 Posts
Definitely The Dark Knight.

I'm stunned The Hobbit did better than the first 2 LOTR's. Not that I didn't like it, just, you know.....I kinda thought they'd have made more, being the more important parts of the saga.

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts
I hate top grossing movie lists that do not account for inflation. Gone with the Wind is still the top grossing movie of all time. Of the list posted here, only Avatar and Titanic even make the adjusted top ten list.

·
Phantom Thief
17,449 Posts
Return of The King, no question.

I hate top grossing movie lists that do not account for inflation. Gone with the Wind is still the top grossing movie of all time. Of the list posted here, only Avatar and Titanic even make the adjusted top ten list.
Gone With The Wind was re released eight times, though. That's what got it over half of the 3.3 billion.

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts
Gone With The Wind was re released eight times, though. That's what got it over half of the 3.3 billion.
Okay, and? It doesn't change the fact that GWTW is still the top draw in history. There's a pretty good reason why it was re-released so many times.

·
Banned
10,758 Posts
On one hand,you have to take into account that movies back then didn't have widespread international releases.On the other hand,you have to taken into account there is a lack of re-releases nowdays,television as a bigger source of entertainment and most importantly,piracy.

So let's save that discussion for some other time.

I'm stunned The Hobbit did better than the first 2 LOTR's. Not that I didn't like it, just, you know.....I kinda thought they'd have made more, being the more important parts of the saga.
It's because of the expanding international market.

·
I'm the world's greatest superhero. I can do whate
20,612 Posts
The Dark Knight. I hate about half of those movies and haven't seen any Star Wars films, nor do I care to.

Movie is from 1939, not like it was gonna be on televisions soon after. And it also doesn't mean people have to keep seeing it everytime it comes back out. GWTW owns every movie ever, the most successful movie of all time AND the biggest casting call of any movie EVER. Scarlett role alone is the most sought after film role of all time. Oh, and being one of the greatest movies of all time doesn't hurt either.

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
I'd say it's a tie between The Dark Knight and Jurassic Park. If pressured though, I think I'd give the nod to JP (thought it pains me since I'm a huge Batman fanatic).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts