Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Likes wrestling....
8,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So who were your favorites and who was the greatest of all time?

My Favorite:

1. Baron Von Rashcke
2. The Sheepherders (before the WWF ruined them)
3. Tojo Yammamoto

GOAT

1. The Original Shiek
2. Hans Schmidt (who passed away last week)
3. Ivan Koloff

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
My personal favorites...

1. "The Russian Nightmare" Nikita Koloff...could have done so much more with him like giving him the NWA World title.
2. The Sheepherders...bad-ass motherfuckers before Vince ruined them.
3. The Great Muta...when he was a heel under Gary Hart's tutelage he was awesome.

GOAT

1. The Sheik
2. Abdullah the Butcher
3. The Great Kabuki

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
My favorite is Great Muta, and also who I think is the best. The next two would for me be Iron Sheik and Yokozuna.

·
Premium Member
8,457 Posts
I dont think anyone could be a foreign menacing, heel heat magnet better than Iron Sheik. From what I have seen, he takes my vote.

·
Registered
9,346 Posts

Hakushi. This motherfucker had mad skills. He should've been a a top tier talent but, for whatever reason, his WWF career never lasted long.​

·
Registered
16,460 Posts
These four always instantly come to mind when I think of the title :)

The Sheik
Ludwig Borga
Yokozuna
Great Muta

·
Likes wrestling....
8,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My personal favorites...

1. "The Russian Nightmare" Nikita Koloff...could have done so much more with him like giving him the NWA World title.
2. The Sheepherders...bad-ass motherfuckers before Vince ruined them.
3. The Great Muta...when he was a heel under Gary Hart's tutelage he was awesome.

GOAT

1. The Sheik
2. Abdullah the Butcher
3. The Great Kabuki
Good to see the Pre-Bushwacker, Sheepherders getting more love. I wish more people knew about them, but I could say that about many of your great nominations.

Respectfully I never considered Muta a "foreign menace" in classic terms, his heat was not really an anti-USA heat but more of "that is one bad dude". However many are saying Muta so I maybe missed something.

During the 50-70's the "foreign menace" scene was dominated by Germans(small wonder), yet alot of them seem to be forgotten. Surprised no one has mentioned Fritz Von Erich.

·
Anti-Hero
9,798 Posts
Kamala is my boy. Can't wait for my benefit tee.

I'm a huge Muta fan and was thinking on this the other day. My initial fixation was with the Great Kabuki (WCCW had some really great monsters) more for the imagery and general eeriness of his character than actual in-ring prowess. Muta was an extension of that, playing to all of the kick-ass elements of Japanese culture...and he brought the goods in match quality. Greenlawler may be right though, I don't know if 'foreign menace' is an accurate classification, though he was menacing and most definitely foreign.

Edit: The more I think about it Kamala doesn't really fit the criteria either. Obvious anti-American sentiment?

I remember Nikita Koloff making a huge impression on me as a kid.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts