Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the comments for 'Botchamania 184: Lance Storm Eagle', someone in the comments said he wanted to see a commentary team of Taz, Dusty Rhodes and Booker T. Much like the rest of us (?) I would mark hard.

But do you guys have any better ideas?

·
Registered
315 Posts
actually not so much a fantasy. ive been going through some old wrestling dvds lately and although an awful PPV and a serious waste of talent given people like Gonzales, Beefcake, Hogan and Luger being in the ring. I really enjoyed WM IX as it has the legends that are Randy Savage, JR and Bobby Heenan on the stick

·
Sheriff of Piltover
2,880 Posts
actually not so much a fantasy. ive been going through some old wrestling dvds lately and although an awful PPV and a serious waste of talent given people like Gonzales, Beefcake, Hogan and Luger being in the ring. I really enjoyed WM IX as it has the legends that are Randy Savage, JR and Bobby Heenan on the stick
Wrestlemania 9 was one of my favorites for commentary. Savage added a little extra that made it great. Heenan and Jr together were gold.

My fantasy commentating team would be. Heenan JR Schiavone.

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,078 Posts
Schiavone/Classic heel lawler.

Booker T/ Styles

Monsoon/JBL.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Smackdown - Joey Styles and Mick Foley
RAW - JR and Jerry Lawler (but old school sexist, racist, heel loving Lawler)

·
Anti-Hero
9,798 Posts
Jim Ross/Joey Styles: play-by-play. Both are well versed in wrestling history and holds. Both make excellent straight-men to the Colour, but can be funny or entertaining in their own rights.

Vince McMahon: Mediator and Announcer. Possibly the most underrated commentator ever. He has a knack for making things exciting as well as having control over the flow of programming through transitions/segues and whatnot.

Jesse Ventura/Bobby Heenan: Colour. Heels make the best colour commentators and both Brain and Body played the part to the hilt, selling themselves while still getting the talent over. Either works for me.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Todd Grisham, Josh Mathews and Michael Cole.

Psyche.

JR, Monsoon and Booker (Horrible color commentator, but so entertaining to listen to)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts