Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
You are being watched
5,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I hear, see and read a lot of complaints regarding the WWE's commentary teams; namely Jerry Lawler and Michael Cole with the occasional hate for Booker T, so it got me thinking. It got me thinking about who I'd put at commentary for both shows and then that led on to what would my dream commentary table be if all men were in their prime (so you could use Vince McMahon like in the 90's, or Monsoon for example) and I went back and forth until I came up with this -

Jim Ross - The dude knows it all. Arguably one of the most recognizable commentators in the world, in any sport, and his passion and love the the industry is like no other. The guy puts it all in to his work and from what I've gathered is one of the most knowledgeable men in the industry.

Bobby Heenan - Okay so you want a heel commentator? Here's your man. His commentary during WCW was second to none. He was hilarious and he was such a dick and not in a Michael Cole type way either. He was a dick simply because of the things he said. The best heel commentator ever, IMO.

William Regal - I've warmed up to Regal so much the past 6 months or so, ever since he began commentating in FCW and on NXT. The man is hilarious but he's serious as well. We all know he's one of the better Wrestlers of our generation in terms of in-ring skill, and that comes across in his commentary. With some more practice, the man could be one of the better color commentators in the WWE, in my opinion.

So yeah, that would be my dream commentary table. Who would yours consist of and why?

·
Banned
679 Posts
Percy watson
Michael cole
Derrick bateman

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I think I'd go for Jim Ross, Mike Tenay and Don West. You have amazing play-by-play and all three can sell excitement and hype, I think it'd be a perfect team.

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
Heel Jerry Lawler
Face Michael Cole

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Michael Cole and Tazz for Smackdown in terms of nostalgia, along with Jim Ross and Lawler for Raw (when Lawler didn't become bored and lose his passion)

Call me crazy, but for Smackdown there already is a dream team of Cole, Booker and Matthews. However I disagree having one guy commentating both shows. It ruins brand identity and has taken away from the genuine kayfabe rivalry both brands had. Back to the current Smackdown desk, why is this a dream team? Firstly, all 3 seem to genuinely enjoy eachother's company. They actually look and sound like they are having fun together and them being enjoyable makes me enjoyable, despite Smackdown being painfully average to sub-par. Just look at the way the 3 interact at times, they seem to genuinely crack eachother up. They can also be serious at times when needed, with Cole being the heel announcer, Booker going insane and Matthews being calmer adding to a balance. That's why people say Cole is unbearable on Raw but bearable on Smackdown. It aint Cole its Lawler. He has no life and drains the atmosphere all the time.

·
Registered
159 Posts
joey styles and taz at least they know the names of the moves

·
Registered
557 Posts
JR
Nigel McGuinness
Macho Man

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
JR,Heel king and Heyman

·
Registered
36 Posts
Pretty much any team that has JR and no Michael Cole. Heck, it doesn't even have to be JR, I just wish there was a decent play-by-play commentator.

I used to like Tazz a lot when he was doing commentary in WWE. I would take him over the current face Lawler any day.

·
Parks and Recreation Dept.
7,433 Posts
JR and JBL. The commentary would be great, but that image of two guys wearing cowboy hats just makes it better.

JR and The Brain. Epic is putting it mildly.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts