Wrestling Forum banner

Your dream BFG lineup.

3945 Views 48 Replies 39 Participants Last post by  kurtmangled
Following Lockdown the next BIG event is BFG, so what direction do you believe the company SHOULD head in?

If Hogan v. Sting is built up, WITHOUT the title it'd be great for the company as it would surely draw. Anderson v. Styles as the main event with the title on the line come BFG would be great aswell

Styles vs Anderson (Should be the main program they run with following lockdown)
Hogan vs Sting (Would draw, and be nostalgic)
Van Dam vs Joe (Would be a great fued, and great match)
Hardy vs Hardy (Its going to happen if Jeff stays in TNA, and it will draw.)
Angle vs Kaz (Would be a great match)
Storm vs Roode (They eventually have to split up, both can become successful single stars)

would be an epic direction for BFG, and I believe it would break 100,000 buys if builtup properly, not just because of Hogan returning to the ring but the Hardy vs Hardy would be a huge draw aswell, and as it would be the 3rd biggest match in this scenario it wouldn't be putting too much stock in Jeff.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

· Premium Member
335 Posts
AJ vs Jeff Hardy for World Title
Samoa Joe vs Angle
Kaz vs Alex Shelley vs Chris Sabin vs Amazing Red
Robert Roode vs James Storm
Sting vs Ric Flair (last match for both of them)
Anderson vs The Pope (after good build)

· Registered
12,827 Posts
Bound for Glory 2011

TNA World Heavyweight Championship
Mr Anderson (C) vs Kurt Angle

#1 Contender's Ladder Match For The TNA World Heavyweight Championship
AJ Styles vs Rob Van Dam vs Jeff Hardy

TNA Television Championship
Matt Hardy (c) vs Samoa Joe

Retirement Match
Sting vs Ric Flair

First Time Ever

Hulk Hogan vs Mick Foley

TNA Women's Knockout Championship

Mickie James vs Tara vs Sarita

TNA World Tag Team Championship
Beer Money vs America's Most Wanted (Chris Harris & Frankie Kazarian)

Crimson vs Pope Dinero

TNA X Division Championship
Robbie E (C) vs Brian Kendrick

Dark Match Before The PPV
20 Man Battle Royal (Scott Steiner, Jay Lethal, Gunner, Murphy, Ink Inc, The Gunz, Generation Me, and many others)

· Registered
3,860 Posts
Why would BFG 2011 break 100,000 buys? The highest buyrates were supposedly either 90,000 or 60,000 and it was during the Angle vs Joe storyline. Nowadays TNA are rumoured to be getting around under 20,000 for normal PPVs or under 40,000 for the bigger events.

· Registered
1,928 Posts
It's funny, I started thinking about BFG a couple of days ago, and came up with what I think is a pretty good card. It's not so much a prediction or a "dream" card, but something in between, basically a combination of matches that could happen and that I would like to see happen, with some pure fantasy in between. Here goes:

Kazarian (c) vs. Matt Hardy

They want to rebuild the X Division, right? Well, nothing better could do that than having a multi-time X Division Champ defend against one of the best X Division-style wrestlers ever. Hardy in the division could really up its standing, and could be brought into main event scenarios, too. It wouldn't mean he's lower on the card or anything. These two are evenly matched and could probably do some awesome stuff. Also, Kaz winning doesn't hurt Hardy, but Hardy winning could up the X Division and give Kaz a shot at the main event. Give it 15 minutes and it could be one of the best openers ever.

TNA Television Championship
Douglas Williams (c) vs. Scott Steiner

They rehired Steiner for a storyline that doesn't exist, he has nothing to do, but he brings star power and intensity to whatever match he's in. Williams ia great wrestler, so why not turn him back heel (since his face turn is one of the most baffling decisions ever), give him back the TV title, and bring some prestige to the title by having him defend it against Steiner. Give them 8-9 minutes and they could have a solid, stiff wrestling match, and if Williams retains it could start to rebuild the title and not do any damage to Steiner.

Ladder Match for the TNA World Tag Team Championship
Beer Money vs. Generation Me vs. The Motor City Machine Guns vs. Gunner & Murphy

A bit of lazing booking here. You have quite a few tag teams who have already faced each other in TNA, so why not throw them all the ring together at the same time and make it an epic ladder match. I know Gunner and Murphy are being split, but as a jobbery power team they could probably work in this match, kind of like William Regal and Dave Taylor in the 4-way tag ladder match at Armageddon 2006. That's not a comparison of talent, but as the role they would play. Besides, MCMG and Beer Money in a ladder match is awesome as it is, throw in Gen-Me and make it for the titles, and it could be amazing. No idea who would be champs here, but it would make sense for them to retain. My choice would probably be Gen Me, who could finally win the titles at No Surrender and have their first real test here.

Monster's Ball
Samoa Joe vs. Mick Foley

Dear god is Joe due for some serious cred. I have Abyss in another match, so this here to me is a "dream" match. Kind of like the new millenium version of Cactus/Vader. Joe can dish out punishment, Foley can take it. Joe is also very fast, which would help the pace. Throw in some weapons, 12-13 minutes, at the worst you'd have a good brawl.

Kurt Angle vs. Rob Van Dam
The match we all expected to see at BFG last year. Two of the biggest babyfaces in TNA who have never had a major one-on-one PPV match. Angle can carry anyone and RVD steps up when he wants to. Build it around the idea of who the face of TNA is, give them 20-25 minutes, and let 'em go.

Eight-Man Tag Team Match
Immortal (Hulk Hogan, Jeff Jarrett, Ric Flair, & Abyss) vs. Team TNA (Sting, Mr. Anderson, "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero, & Matt Morgan)

A lot of thought went into this match, and here's why. Personally, I would like to see Hulk Hogan vs. Sting in a 1-on-1 non-title match. I think it's been building since January 4th 2010, the history from WCW is there, and I believe that if you overbook the shit out of it, throw in some weapons, you could have a fun match. But why take the risk. Make it a HUGE tag match so that everyone can shine. This way we get 1) Hogan/Sting, but it's brief enough to get the crowd going but not long enough to stink, 2) The big names of Immortal teaming up as a unit 3) the ppv return of Ric Flair as well 4) Takes Abyss out of the usual "monster's ball" schtick 5) get in some awesome Sting/Flair interaction, which could also be brief but awesome, and there's enough young guns in there to carry the action: Anderson, Pope, and Morgan. This way, you get good action, star power, the logical conclusion to a major feud, and some mini "dream" matches along the way. Give it 15 minutes or so and make it a co-main event. I mean, come on, Hogan, Jarrett, Flair, Abyss, Sting, Anderson, Pope, and Morgan in a CO-main event would be big.

TNA World Heavyweight Title
Jeff Hardy (c) vs. AJ Styles

A year ago, this was heavily rumored as the main event for BFG, but I think the reason a lot of people didn't want to see it is because 1) Styles was still a second banana champion, getting out-talked by his own manager and still have trouble adjusting to being a heel 2) Hardy was still awful on the mic. A year and half later, and Styles has improved greatly on the mic, and Hardy has done some of the best work of his career as a heel. But more importantly, and I think I read this somewhere here, but Hardy as a heel vs. Styles as face could be so perfect because it would be like the sequel to Sting/Hogan from Starrcade '97. Styles the face of the company until Hardy came in and turned heel, much like Sting and Hogan. You have the guy who bleeds TNA vs. the guy seemed like a good guy but has turned against it. Hardy defending and dropping the title to Styles could be a real epic main event, a fitting reward for Styles, and great match.

If Hardy ever gets his act together...which he won't.

Anyway, that's what I'd like to see.

· Banned
303 Posts
Jeff Hardy Vs. Kurt Angle; Soma's on a pole match.
Beer Money Vs. Samoa Joe/AJ Styles; Winners get to leave TNA match.
Mr. Anderson Vs. Rob Van Dam; First man to blow a spot/injure opponent wins match.

· Registered
453 Posts
TNA World Heavyweight Title
Rob Van Dam vs. AJ Styles

Hulk Hogan's return to the ring
Hulk Hogan vs. Mr. Anderson

Last Meeting Ever
Sting vs. Ric Flair

Grudge Match
Kurt Angle vs. (heel) Samoa Joe

TNA Tag Team Title Ladder Match
Beer Money vs. Matt and Jeff Hardy

Jeff Jarrett vs. Jay Lethal

TNA Television Title
Scott Steiner vs. Crimson vs. Abyss vs. Douglas Williams

TNA X-Division Title: Brian Kendrick vs. The Pope

Bully Ray vs. Amazing Red

· Registered
31 Posts
Main Event (TNA World Title):
Samoa Joe V Kurt Angle V AJ Styles (Elimination Triple Threat)

Ultimate X (X Division Title):
Kazarian V Max Buck V Jeremy Buck V Amazing Red V Brian Kendrick

Dream Match:
Hulk Hogan V Sting

Loser Leaves TNA:
Eric Bischoff V Ric Flair

Knockouts Title:
Mickie James V Angelina Love

Tag Team Titles:
MCMG V Beer Money

Ladder Match (TV Title):
Matt Hardy V Gunner V Matt Morgan V Jay Lethal V Rob Terry V Crimson

Tag Team Number 1 contenders match:
Ink Inc V Scott Steiner & Eric Young

World Title Number 1 contenders match (Gauntlet Match):
RVD V Mr Anderson V Jeff Jarrett V Desmond Wolfe V Douglas Williams V Bully Ray V Brother Devon V Abyss

· Registered
1,928 Posts
A lot of you have some cool ideas for BFG. These are a few I really like:

Mr. Anderson vs. AJ Styles
Relatively well-matched, both can go in the ring, Anderson is great on the mic, Styles has gotten better, Styles is homegrown, Anderson is the turning out to the biggest part of the Hogan troupe. If Anderson is the heel champion, Styles is the babyface challenger, you could have a hell of a main event. Have Anderson win at Lockdown, Sacrifice, or Slammiversary and carry until BFG, where he drops it to Styles.

Hulk Hogan vs. Sting
Don't get me wrong, I would be ridiculously excited to see Hulk Hogan vs. Sting at BFG. If Sting keeps moving the way he does, Hogan stays healthy and in shape, they throw in some run-ins and weapons, and it could be a lot of fun. Keep it non-title, and have Sting go over, of course.

Sting vs. Ric Flair
They haven't had a match together in over 10 years. Not one on ppv in more than 15. Again, it all depends on conditioning and health. Maybe make it nodq for the assist, and the possiblity of run-ins, and declare it a "Double Retirement" match, with the idea that both guys are going out trying to take the other down. I like that idea.

Mr. Anderson vs. The Pope
Give them a good build and make it for the World Heavyweight Title. The good news is that either going over is good for the company.

Hulk Hogan vs. Mick Foley
I've wanted to see this match ever since they announced Hogan was signing with TNA, and then had Foley "looking" for Hogan. Their first segment in the ring together was the opposite of momentous, though. Not a good sign. Two of the biggest figures of the attitude era who have NEVER had a match together, nor any real interaction. To me, this is the one of the last possible "dream" matches of the past 15 years.

Hulk Hogan vs. Mr. Anderson
I noticed it immediately. They have great chemistry on the mic. Since Anderson is very much like Stone Cold, it could be as close to that dream match as we'll ever get. Anderson could obviously carry the brunt of the action, and winning would be a HUGE rub, that I think Hogan would give him.

The Hardys vs. The Motor City Machine Guns
I would have first said Generation Me, but they wouldn't stand a chance. I think Beer Money is a good choice, but this seems like a better passing of the torch.

· Banned
446 Posts
TNA World Heavyweight Championship Match (Elimination Match, Bully Ray Special Referee, If Sting and/or Angle lost leaves the TNA)
Sting (c) vs. Jeff Jarrett vs. Kurt Angle vs. AJ Styles vs. Mr.Anderson

TNA World Tag Team Championship Match (Full Metal Mayhem)
Ink Inc. w/Christina Von Eerie (c) vs. Beer Money, Inc. vs. MCMG vs. The Hardys w/Lita

TNA X-Division Championship Match (Ultimate X)
Kazarian (c) vs. TJ Perkins vs. Max Buck vs. Jeremy Buck vs. Robbie E. w/Cookie

Tag Team Match
D'Angelo Dinero and Samoa Joe w/Okato vs. Crimson and Abyss

TNA Knockouts Championship Match (Fatal Four Way)
Angelina Love (c) vs. Tara vs. Madison Rayne vs. Sarita

Losers Leaves TNA
Rob Van Dam and Mick Foley vs. Matt Morgan and Hernandez w/Esteban

Battle Royal Match for the vacant Television Title
Ric Flair vs. Scott Steiner vs. Eric Young vs. Orlando Jordan vs. Douglas Williams vs. Magnus vs. Gunner vs. Murphy vs. Rob Terry

X-Division Number One Conteder's Match(Athletes from around the world invited, 10 Man Royal Rumble Match)
Ultimo Guerrero vs. Jushin Liger vs. Mr.Aguila vs. Hector Garza vs. Jack Evans vs. Extreme Tiger vs. Rey Bucanero vs. Averno vs. Mike Quackenbush vs. Erick Stevens

Results:
AJ Styles Win(New Champ), Angle and Sting Retire.
Ink Inc. Retains
Kazarian Retain
Dinero and Joe Wins
Sarita Win(New Champ)
Morgan and Hernandez Wins, RVD and Foley leaves the TNA.
Ric Flair Win(New Champ)
Mr.Aguila Win

· Registered
1,128 Posts
Following Lockdown the next BIG event is BFG, so what direction do you believe the company SHOULD head in?
The next big event after Lockdown is not BFG, its Slammyversary.

· WF's Real Bad Guy
2,021 Posts
Main Event Ultimate X for TNA World Title):
Samoa Joe V Christopher Daniels V AJ Styles

Dream Match:
Ric Flair V Sting

Dream Match:
Hulk Hogan V Mr.Anderson

No.1 Contender Match for TNA Title
Kurt Angle V Jeff Jarrett

TNA Tag Team Titles Ladder Match:
MCMG V Beer Money V The Hardys

Knockouts Title:
Mickie James V Alissa Flash V Madison Rayne

X Division Title:
Kazarian V Jay Lethal

TV Title:
The Pope V Desmond Wolfe

Monsters Ball:
RVD V Bully Ray V Brother Devon V Abyss V Crimson V Tommy Dreamer

Fest Or Fired Match
Hernandez V Scott Steiner V Matt Morgan V Eric Young V Robbie E V Suicide V Brian Kendrick V Amazing Red V Gen ME

· Banned
18,124 Posts
Lol and fpalm at the people wanting to see Hogan at BFG.

· Registered
1,462 Posts
TNA World Heavyweight Championship
Mr. Anderson vs AJ Styles

Number 1 Contender for TNA World Heavywight Championship
Kurt Angle vs Samoa Joe vs Pope

TNA TV Championship
Gunner vs Crimson

Monsters Ball
Abyss vs Matt Morgan

TNA World Tag Team Championship
Matt Hardy and Bully Ray vs Beer Money

Ultimate X
Kazarian vs RVD vs Amazing Red vs Chris Sabin vs Max Buck vs Jeremy Buck vs Jay Leathal

Streetfight
TNA Knockouts Championship
Tara vs Mickie James

· Registered
1,535 Posts
Mini Tournament for the TNA World Tag Team Title
Beer Money Vs. Hardys
MCMG Vs. Generation Me
(Winners fight in finals later in the show)

TV Title fatal 4 way
Daniels vs. Samoa Joe vs. Pope vs. Doug Williams

X-Division Title fatal 4 way
Kazarian vs. RVD vs. Jushin "friggin" Liger vs. Jerry Lynn

Knockouts Title
Mickie James vs. Madison Rayne

KO Grudge Match
Winter vs. Velvet Sky
(If Velvet wins, Winter gets a restraining order put on her so she can never bother TBP again. If Winter wins Angelina becomes Winters slave for 30 days.)

KO Tag Title
Daffney/Christina Von Eerie vs. Sarita/Rosita.

ECW rules Grudge Match
AJ Styles vs Bully Ray

Grudge Match 2 out of 3 falls.
Kurt Angle vs. Jeff Jarrett
(First fall: Standard match. Second fall: submission rules. Third fall: Cage match.)

World Title Match
Mr. Anderson vs. Sting

· GIANTS
8,177 Posts
Lol and fpalm at the people wanting to see Hogan at BFG.
Watching Hogan wrestle is painful, but believe it or not people will buy the PPV if he's actually returning to the ring.

Honestly this years BFG could be huge if done right (100K PPV buys would be a minimum), but we all know TNA will fail once again on this front. If I were in control of TNA's booking staff, here's what I do and I'd ake it a 4 hour PPV too:

First air a video package at Slammiversary hyping BFG: On (insert date here) the biggest event in professional wrestling history will take place. 4 hours of Total Nonstop Action!! Live from the Staples Center in Los Angeles, TNA goes Hollywood. Featuring: Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Mick Foley, "Icon" Sting, Kurt Angle, RVD, Mr. Anderson, Hardy Boyz, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Jeff Jarrett, and the biggest superstars in wrestling today. TNA Wrestling presents: Bound For Glory. Tickets on sale this Friday (air the same package on Impact)

Here's the card:

Control of TNA and for the first time ever: Hollywood Hulk Hogan vs. Cactus Jack

Retirement Match: Sting vs. Ric Flair

Grudge Match and for the first time ever: Kurt Angle vs. Bobby Lashley (he'll be back)

Full Metal Mayhem for the TNA Tag Titles: Hardyz vs. Team 3D vs. MCMG (c)

TNA World Title and for the first time ever: Mr. Anderson (c) vs. AJ Styles

Lethal Lockdown: Losers must disband Team Immortal (Abyss, Roode, Jarrett, Gunner/Murphy) vs. Team TNA (Joe, Daniels, Storm, Pope, Morgan)

Ultimate X for X Division Title: Amazing Red (c) vs. Max Buck vs. Jeremy Buck vs. RVD (yeah he's here) vs. Kaz

KO Championship: Mickie James (c) vs. Tara vs. Madison Rayne

· Banned
18,124 Posts
Watching Hogan wrestle is painful, but believe it or not people will buy the PPV if he's actually returning to the ring.
Yeah, but when internet smarks want it, it's some serious stupidity right there.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.