Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What in your opinion, was the biggest mistake WWE made. I don't mean, 'John Cena's Career'. I'm talking one moment, one promo, one move, one result, one angle. For me, Removing Kane's mask. To take away all the qualities of the 'Big Red Monster', and package him essentially as just a normal human with psycho tendancies, ruined one of the best gimmicks of that decade, and Glen's career at the top. Look at their attempts to bring him up now, it's dismal.

·
Registered
12,415 Posts
Owen Hart's Blue Blazer gimmick in 1999.

·
Registered
12,415 Posts

·
Banned
117 Posts
For me it's Vince buying out WCW, it left WWE with no competition and let them grow content with an "ok" product.

Inside the ring: I'm not sure, they always seem to have a way to turn things around to make something terrible look decent.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Giving Hornswaggle the crusierweight belt.....fpalm

·
StarStruck
2,038 Posts
Giving Hornswaggle the crusierweight belt.....fpalm
That was shameful. That's what killed the belt. Credibility of that belt was down the toilet once they did that.
Head Scratcher why they did that.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Austin joining the Alliance. Didn't make any sense at all for the face of the WWF to join WCW and ECW. This turn ruined the whole Invasion angle for me.

·
Premium Member
8,457 Posts
Austin joining the Alliance. Didn't make any sense at all for the face of the WWF to join WCW and ECW. This turn ruined the whole Invasion angle for me.
Not really, his arch rival the Rock for the major part of the year (mania) was on the WWF team.

It would make no sense for them to team up.

They wanted the Alliance to seem credible and not be full of jobbers that wanted a place to go away from the WWF that didn't want to pus them (or so they claimed), so they gave them guys like Kurt Angle & Stone Cold.

It made it more interesting to be honest, the fact that the WWF Championship was withthe Alliance and the WCW Championship was with the WWF.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
That was shameful. That's what killed the belt. Credibility of that belt was down the toilet once they did that.
Head Scratcher why they did that.
Still rather have Hornswaggle than Oklahoma.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Let or better said force Owen hart to make that stunt who was just needless, it's tragic and mistakes happen, but then to let the Show go on was a big mistake too that wasn't needed.

·
Banned
18,557 Posts
Vince hotshotting The Invasion. Had he waited a year and got all the big names everybody wanted to see, imagine how awesome a REAL Invasion would've been!

- Vic

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Doctors claiming Kennedy would be out for 6-8 months, when he was really only out for about 5 weeks. This forced him to lose the money in the bank briefcase, when he could have just continued the countdown to Wrestlemania 24.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts