Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
The Mouth of Madness!
10,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been giving a lot of thought to the ideas bouncing around in my head recently. And since I'm no big, hot shot producer/director type. And I can't get the wheel turning in Hollywood, I thought I'd vent here. And let all of vent with me.

The theme of this thread is to churn out big budget movie/tv show ideas. It's simple enough to say I'd do this with this person and have a big explosion at the end, yada^3. But let's expand on ideas and flesh them out together for the hell of it. I just got a few simple rules. And they won't be hard since there aren't any trolls in this section. Maybe the occasional favorite/peeve, but nothing thread derailing. Also add your spin on ideas. Let's make this a thread we come back to for weeks till we run out of plans and ideas. Last rule. ORIGINALITY! Don't just say, "I'd make a sequel to 'Popular Movie X' and it would be great!" An original story or take something small from yesteryear and blow it up.

I'll get the ball rolling with my idea. In this time of people and companies jumping on the whole, Green Movement. I say take the old cartoon show, Captain Planet and make it into a summer blockbuster for Hollywood. I'm not gonna type out a whole script here but I'll run you through the simple plot of the movie.

We start off with a young man chasing a gazelle in the safari. He gives an elaborate chase a la, the opening scene of Last of the Mohicans and right when goes to spear the beast, he's teleported away. We swing around to New York and we see a fiery haired kid delivering pizzas in the company van, shooting heaps of smoke out the back and right before he pulls out into the street he disappears from the driver's seat. We then find ourselves in "Eastern Europe", Russia in my movie. And we see this family trying to grow food on the farm near a "new factory" that's letting off smoke and fumes. We make our way to a woman on the edge of the farm and she fades away. Now we switch over to Asia and wee a young girl surfing and right as she is about to crash she fades into nothing mid air, right before smashing into rocks! And finally in South America, we come to a kid in a small village, set to be sent to the forest to become one with the nature. And as he climbs a tree, he takes a deep breath and fades.

Where do all these young people end up? A small unidentified island what seems to be the Atlantic Ocean. And these kids all find each other. Problem is, none of them speak the same language. After some language barrier comedy, a strange woman appears before the five strangers and you can see all of them listen to her and understand. You see her speak, and then you close in on each person individually and her speech is translated for all to hear and understand. She tells them that she is Gaia, the Spirit of the Earth. And that they all are special in unique ways despite their vast differences. And that together they shall save the world from present, yet unclear danger. After she is done, Wheeler, the New Yorker storms off in disbelief. He soon realizes he doesn't know where he is and can't get away. he then has to walk back to Gaia and ask to leave. She allows him to leave but only after a demonstration of her power. The team members find out each others names and backgrounds in this process.

Kwame is an African teen and doesn't know much of the outside world. Wheeler is an American who's up on pop-culture and fads. Linka is a small town girl, but gets worldly information from the newspapers that end up in her town. Gi is a techno savvy young girl who knows as much as the internet itself. And Mahti is much the same as Kwame, just a different part of the world.

We then see a small obstacle course rise from the ground around them and they are bestowed five magic rings, each representing an element and matches their attitudes and personalities. After all is said and done, the Planeteers realize that when they help each other, they start to understand what each other is saying, breaking the mental, language barrier as they begin to become a team. All except Wheeler who still has trouble grasping each member, except Lenka, who he seems to like.

Now here's where I skip through the movie to where we meet the villain. I changed his name from Looten, to Lucian.

We find out that the new factory in Linka's home town is owned by Lucian Plunder. A big business man in the energy field. His company is toted as the new form of "green." And even though it seems that he is a good natured humanitarian, we see that his company is mostly a facade and that he still uses all sorts of nuclear and Earth destroying materials.

After Gaia feels the Planeteers are ready they are sent as a group to expose Plunder Industries as the corrupt machine it is. They use many different methods and even gain a few small victories, but none enough to get the job done. In a bid to really bust the job open, Wheeler decides to break into one of the prominent buildings and steal the information he needs. But he is captured before he can escape. And the finale of the movie is he team rescuing him and him finally realizing his place as a member of the team. The group expose Plunder and his corporation and Plunder is jailed, and his company crumbles in the wake. Gaia then begins to tell the Planeteers of their biggest form of teamwork. Combining all the power in their rings into one (Captain Planet).

Back at Hope Island in celebration as Gaia tells them of more impending danger, as Plunder was just the beginning and money and power still corrupt the minds of those filled with greed. We see Lucian talking with a lawyer in prison, after a bit of legal jargon, Plunder's business partner is heard from the shadows, and he finishes with a deep swine-like snort. Yet you never fully see the source. At least, not the large mans face. (Hoggish Greedly)

That's as much as I'll go into plot, unless anyone has any questions. But as for cast a promotion goes. Well, I'd promote it as a true "green" movie but is still a summer blockuster at heart, and budget. I'd get cars from various company green lines. Such as the Prius, Volt, Leaf etc. And I'd have the cast members do commercials promoting the movie but in the style of the Planeteer Alert that aired after each episode.

Seen here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYLsX50Cj1Y

I'd also change the age of the kids from early teens to late teens to early 20. No one's able to drink, but they can dive kinda group.

Speaking of cast, and I'm still toying around with it but...

Wheeler - Cam Gigandet, make him look the way he did in Never Back Down, except with red hair.
Linka - Mila Kunis, she speaks the language and is hot! But most of all she can act and brings star power.
Ma-Ti - Freddy Rodriguez, he looks the same as all the rest of the 20 year olds, despite being 35.
Gi - Hikaru Utada, she's a real international star.Famous Japanese singer that did the songs for Kingdom Hearts. Very big in Japan and is to sell the movie in Asia.
Kwame - Honestly haven't got anyone in mind. Not many young black actors fit the mold I have in mind.

For the adults I want to make the age gap apparent but not too stellar.

Gaia - Vanessa Williams, hot older chick that reminds me of Gaia in the show. And she looks the part. All she needs is to dye the hair. She's already of mixed heritage to look like the prominent colors of the world.

Lucian Plunder - I was think Bale all day, but I remembered that a lot of people here cream over Michale C.Hall and I could see him in a suit controlling his own company making profits like Lex Luthor.

Hoggish Greedly -In the first movie would be a no faced voice. Kinda like Dr. Claw in Inspector Gadget. You see parts, but never the whole picture. And he's just in the movie for maybe a minute.

Captain Planet - I'm still wondering if he should be digital/cgi for his appearances. Like if he should be a guy in a wetsuit like in Spider-Man or a prop like Silver Surfer in Fantastic Four 2. So no one is cast at this time.

Long read I know, but let me hear something. I want it all. Questions, comments, small changes, everything. And feel free to add your own big movie ideas to the fold.

·
Banned
4,257 Posts
A truly self-loathing vigilante serial killer that travels through time.

·
The Mouth of Madness!
10,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Details my friend. You don't have to go all out like I do. But more than a gimmick.

Anyone can just say, ninja with a gun that shoots shadows.

Sonic, why does he travel time? Is is it to stop a crisis before it happens? Is it to stop someone from discovering his identity?

Hiplop, I could see James Cameron going the Avatar route and making a Pokemon movie using some of his techniques from Avatar. I would love to see how he would pull off the likes of Sandslash and Gyrados.

Details my comrades, details!

·
Banned
4,257 Posts
He travels back because it's an opportunity presented by someone he knows. His motivation is to prevent numerous tragedies from taking place, in particular his own greatest mistake, which is the brutal murder of his wife.

·
Banned
4,257 Posts
Dexter + Quantum Leap
It's darker than Dexter. Definitely has some inspiaration, although I was working on my character for two years before I even started watching Dexter this year.

·
The Mouth of Madness!
10,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Basically, what would be your big movie project idea. Just make it original. Not Terminator 5, with nude playmates trying to stop Hefner's grandchild from being born. But something that could work just give a little detail that can blossom from discussion.

·
Banned
4,257 Posts
[HIDE="2000"]
I ask you guys to not share this. It took me a long time to create this mindset of this villain. Don't ask what his name is, I'm not giving that one out. This is NOT the vigilante serial killer traveling through time. This is one of the serial killer's primary targets. His #2 target actually.

I'd be happy to see a list of real-life and fictional characters that you guys see in this villain. But try not to reveal too much of this stuff if you quote it. There's a reason I put a 2000 post block on it.

“Think highly of yourself… the world takes you at your own estimate”

• What do I truly want in life? To one day die as the absolute best MMA cagefighter of all-time. I want to leave behind an utterly untouchable legacy, one that can never be broken. And I will do almost anything to become the best. In addition, I will one day die as the man who took the sport of cagefighting from an underground taboo to a worldwide sensation on par with the NFL in just the span of five years. This sport will be in a better place when I die because of the work that I put into it. The sacrifices will all be worth it. I’ve gotten this far after 17 years in the sport, and turned myself into the 21st Century Michael Jordan. And I know when I retire I’ll be in an iconic status higher than that.

• Here’s what I will not do: I will never be ashamed of losing a fight to a better CLEAN fighter. I will never be ashamed if a better CLEAN fighter leaves behind a legacy greater than mine. I will never stoop to any dirty tactics in the cage to get an advantage. I will never allow tension between a fellow cagefighter and myself to break my code. I will never be a sore winner or loser, always showing concern for my opponent’s well-being after the fight finishes. I will never use performance-enhancers or any other “shady” drugs to ruin my reputation and career, or my sport. To do so would be the biggest violation to myself that I could ever imagine. Most of all though, I will not allow for my true colors, who I am as a human being, to ever be made public.

• Some of the positive aspects of the legacy and image I’ve created are true. I’ve never cheated on my wife. I am an advocate against sexual predators. I am in tune with my sexuality (or lack thereof) and don't have a problem with homosexual cagefighters being open about their sexual orientation. I did rise from a tragic beginning (which the public knows very, very little about) and become an unimaginable success. I struggled valiantly to get to where I am today, with a little bit of luck thrown in. But I’ve always been a firm believer that luck is when preparation meets opportunity.

• Here are my true colors that will never be revealed to the public: I hate my family. I hate the charity work. I hate the public relations. I hate the media. I hate doing damage control for the other dipshits that have tainted my sport. But as I’ve said before, I’ve had to make these sacrifices to create an image that not only benefits myself, but my mistress, the sport of cagefighting.

• What do I think of my family? They are nothing more than the tools I’ve needed to get my legacy to where it is today, and where it is headed in the future. At first I was furious at the thought of having a family, but I quickly realized what I could do with its existence.

• The reason I’d never cheat on my wife is because while it does feel good whenever I’ve done it, I wish sex would be something to have never entered into my life. It ruins my focus on my mistress. That’s why I’ve been regularly taking cyproterone acetate (?) since the day I realized that being a cagefighter was something I would do for the rest of my life after Uncle Sam fucked me out of my dream of being in the Marine Corps.

• It has been years since I last had a CAT scan. Any news stories that say I’ve had one every year are just bogus PR lip service. I refuse to take one because I realize that I probably am a natural psychopath or sociopath, and I really don’t care if I am. If I am one, then I’m going to continue to be one, because nothing matters to me except cagefighting. I’m sure this sport is fucking up my brains, and so be it. I don’t need some medication or surgery infecting my brain and making me think that there are things in life more important than what I do for a living. I’m not going to retire just because I’ve lost a few brain cells or have some unimportant memory loss or a complete disregard for anyone’s life but my own.

• I routinely batter and assault my wife because she at times just doesn’t get it, she’ll flat-out just refuse to. I married her because she’s an extremely attractive woman, and that’s something I needed not to feed a sex drive, but to help create the reputation that I have. And you can bet your ass that at the time I met her, there was no way in Hell I was gonna let go of a woman whose father is the FOUNDER of GloTer Bankcorp. Now I need her for my image, but when I first met her, I needed her to help me quickly pay off my debt, that way the only thing I’d have to worry about is cagefighting. I have hurt my children before, but very, very rarely do I have to do so. My family for the most part is pretty damn good about knowing what their roles are.

• My oldest daughter Natalie, who is 22 now and the oldest of my 3 children, moved out the day after she graduated from high school in June 2003. That’s fine by me, as it gets me away from her annoying ass and puts on the image that I raise my children to be ready for the world, that I’ve raised them to take action in life rather than just sit around and diddle themselves.

• I am a child of ...., and I honestly don’t care that I am. It has nothing to do with my hatred for sexual predators. I just don’t understand why people put such an emphasis on sex. There’s more to life than that. If there is anything that would ever test my code as a fighter, it would be to have an opponent that is a known sexual predator. I sincerely hope that situation never arises. Of course, that’s assuming that someone with my level of power and clout would ever allow such a situation to come to fruition.

• I met my father in 2003 in the only time we ever interacted. A week later he was dead. He first thought I was angry at him for what he did to my mother, but by the end of the conversation, he finally understood that I just don’t give a single shit about any members of my family. The son of a bitch threatened to blackmail my legacy, saying I’d be forced to deal with the .... publicly if I didn’t give him part of my estate. Afterwards, I made the call to an old friend named Takeshi Suzuki to take care of the .....

• My mother did the best she could as a single parent to raise me, but when I got to high school she stopped trying. Because of me, she went years having one failed relationship after another, as no man could ever handle raising me. She told me that if I wanted to go anywhere in life, I couldn’t just snap on people and put fear into them, at least not so frequently and blatantly. I listened to her, and for the most part, I never failed to lean on her advice. I wouldn’t have the reputation I have today if it wasn’t for her putting her foot down all those years ago. I took that lecture she gave me and used it to manipulate human beings whenever the time is right. Looking back, I’m sure she realized that I’m a psychopath, and she did the absolute best she could to raise me. I won’t go so far as to say I love her, but I do wish she were still around today so I could tell her how invaluable she still is to me. She’s more than an idea to start a foundation against the form of cancer that killed her. I miss her.

• I run the Victory Fighting Corps. I’m not the owner, but I have the final say in the big decisions. It’s privately owned by Davey Brown, and it’s going to stay that way forever; we don’t need to ever answer to some douche-bag shareholders. It’s my ship. Davey knows to never fuck with me. If he does, the consequences could frighteningly vary: I could leave for a competitor. I could take fellow VFC fighters and bring them with me. I could blackball VFC from TV networks, sponsors, and retailers, and expose some of its dirty little secrets to the public that wouldn’t taint my image one bit. Hell, I’d maybe even murder the motherfucker and pass it off as something else just to send a message to everyone else in the industry. I could care less about the fucker, as he would be nothing more than a lowlife carny scumbag like Don King or Vince McMahon if he didn’t have me. Fuck, that’s actually giving him too much credit. He’d be another James Payson. [Note: James Payson is another character in this story, an untouchable force of destruction with mob ties, infamous for taking down scores and running the most notorious dogfighting ring in America.]

• Despite what I’ve said in interviews, I really don’t care if anyone calls me Steve, Stevie, or Steveo. I act like I do to show a slight crack in my public profile, because having that crack makes me appear to be normal and takes away any fear that I’m a fraud posing as a saint. I’m also prone to making some boneheaded statements from time-to-time about other well-known figures. Again, I say those things purposefully to make me appear normally imperfect.

• My best friend really is “The Devilish Angel” Angelo Perez, the only guy in this sport who’s willing to work as hard as I am. I can tell that he keeps somewhat of a psychological distance from me, and that’s fine. Deep down he’s as gungho as I am, but he’s more of a people person even when the media aren’t around. Whereas I have no problem fucking everyone off as long as I know it won’t be exposed publicly, he uses the personable approach to get what he needs, and has even had to do it on my behalf on a number of occasions. He’s the only cagefighter that I ever see having any possibility whatsoever of toppling me as the best ever, and I will always respect and sincerely love him for that. But I don’t think he’ll ever have enough of a killer instinct to reach my level and be my match, and hopefully one day I will finally get to meet someone who does before I retire. With that said, Angelo is a true family member to me, and I would do anything for him. The crazy motherfucker would deserve nothing less from me. It’s too bad though that as much as I love him, I’ll never trust him enough to let him know what I do at home to my biological family.

• My life is lived by one motto, a question actually that I actually ask myself every time I wake up: “What will my country do for me today?”[/HIDE]

·
The Mouth of Madness!
10,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bravo Supersonic, bravo!

I got a question though, is your idea more about fighting or at home drama?

Shifting gears I got another one for the pack.

Vigilante 8: The Movie

The government issues orders that fall through the chain of command to take care of a growing problem. The problem being a gas shortage over America as well as other powerful countries around the world, such as England and Russia. With the probability of war and eco-threats due to terrorism caused by a terror sect known as The Coyotes. Owned and operated by the psychotic pyromaniac, Sid Burn. On loan to the highest bidder, Burn currently works for OMAR (Oil Monopoly Alliance Regime), the present day, Standard Oil. With the current tide of power leaning toward OMAR, the powers that be deploy the greatest agent in the world to deal with Burn, and his Coyotes.

Receiving orders, Chassey Blue sets out to find the motivated, semi-medicated psychopath, Sid Burn. She tracks down members of his small yet formidable posse and makes her way closer to Sid. Feeling uneasy and a little unhinged Burn starts going against his own plans and massacring whole cities into fiery devastation. Feeling guilty for one particular city she called home as well as for the inhabitants, Chassey and an old timer named Convoy. And with there combined efforts and a few friends they track down Burn and stop his plot to destroy America financially.

My setting would be a futuristic America were it's a lot more desert. Then you have a few surviving cities like New York and Los Angles but a lot of driving and desert in between. When I say future, I don't mean, 2254. I mean something like 2019. Possible, but not over the top with technology.

Quick credits

Chassey Blue - Charlize Theron, just cause I think she's the best actress for the part. Make her look the way she did in Hancock and it's a done deal.
Sid Burn - Jesse Spencer, Australian man, playing an Australian.
Convoy - Robert DuVall
Loki - Seth Green, good actor but also fits my mold of the character.

I go further in depth but some are reading impaired.

·
BLUE IS BACK
9,773 Posts
Details my friend. You don't have to go all out like I do. But more than a gimmick.

Anyone can just say, ninja with a gun that shoots shadows.

Sonic, why does he travel time? Is is it to stop a crisis before it happens? Is it to stop someone from discovering his identity?

Hiplop, I could see James Cameron going the Avatar route and making a Pokemon movie using some of his techniques from Avatar. I would love to see how he would pull off the likes of Sandslash and Gyrados.

Details my comrades, details!
id be fine with James Cameron directing, as long as he does not write it. Yeah the visuals would be intense

·
Banned
4,257 Posts
Bravo Supersonic, bravo!

I got a question though, is your idea more about fighting or at home drama?
It's about a man having the chance to go to the past and prevent tragedies from taking place. Everything is linked together, in ways that he and none of the other characters could ever imagine. Ultimately, he is going back to prevent the mistakes that personally affected him from occurring.

In the final chapter, he has his #1 target left to focus on, along with two other very different types of murderers, plus the following characters who are each connected on the road to his showdown with his ultimate target: his paternal uncle (James Payson), his mother-in-law, his wife's ex-boyfriend and best friend, his favorite cop, his high school sweetheart, his best friend, his mother, and his wife.

·
Banned
4,257 Posts
[HIDE="2000"]
Here are the profiles for the ten key characters. THESE ARE NOT TO BE SHARED.

Kenny Payson
Appearances: Pt. 1 (25-30/55), Pt. 2 (17/31/53), Pt. 3 (17-50/32)
Birth: January 15, 1990, Detroit, MI
Hometown: Pittsburgh, PA
Childhood locations: Detroit, MI and Pittsburgh, PA
Ethnicity: Black
Size: 6’2”, 220 lbs.
Relation: the main character
Marital status: Self-inflicted widower

Background: See James Payson for a good chunk of it.

A man so heroic and courageous as a Marine, he sets new standards on how to be a warrior both in the field of battle and off of it. Kenny Payson, a man who has never been about the glory, awards, or spotlight, has gotten it his entire life. By age 23, he has too many Purple Hearts and various other awards to keep count (not that he tries to anyway). His biggest honor (on paper, that is) though is when at that age, still alive, still in one piece, still with many, many years left to serve his country, he is awarded the Medal of Honor by the President of the United States.

Kenny Payson knows how great he is and how hard he works, but his defining character trait is his humility and desire to share his recognition with his fellow Marines, his brothers. It’s a trait he has had his entire life. His mother, who raised him as a single parent, definitely deserves credit for the tremendous human being that he is, but deep-down, Kenny was always looking to fill the void of growing up a bastard (see James Payson’s profile for more details on that) with no siblings. That’s why he is more than generous when it comes to sharing the spotlight and fruits of his labor.

Two years later, in August of 2015, in a misunderstanding rage, a true crime of passion, Kenny Payson murders his wife Natalie. Several years later, Kenny will be granted a miracle opportunity at “fixing” his greatest mistake, as well as many others… he’ll get to jump through time via a special idea called Project Rewrite.

Natalie Vessel/Payson
Appearances: Pt. 1 (30), Pt. 2 (21-22), Pt. 3 (22-53)
Birth: February 20, 1985, Cincinnati, OH
Hometown: Seattle, WA
Childhood locations: Seattle, WA and Boulder, CO
Ethnicity: White
Size: 5’4”, 120 lbs.
Relation to Kenny Payson: wife
Marital status: Murdered by husband
Characters relating to Natalie: Stephen & Brenda Vessel (parents), Katie & Bryan Vessel (siblings), Nolan Jeffries (ex-boyfriend and best friend); along with Kenny, the most important character in the entire story

Background: See Stephen Vessel for a good chunk of it.

Growing up in an abusive household ran sometimes like a dictatorship by her father, Natalie moves out the day after her high school graduation. For years, she struggles to find a man that makes her feel truly safe. Not even the slick Nolan Jeffries, a well-known criminal protected by dangerous parties, can make her feel that same protection that he feels among his mobster pals. She ends the relationship when she finds out Nolan has done business with her father, the iconic MMA fighter Stephen Vessel, behind her back.

Years later, Natalie will be introduced to Kenny by Nolan at an evangelism conference targeted at those who have served in the military.

The murder of Natalie Vessel Payson in August 2015 leaves what is remaining of her family beyond devastated, as she was the only grandchild left. Because of her death, neither her paternal nor maternal family will ever be passed on to another generation. She died a true hero, leaving behind a legacy of community service and outreach to victims of domestic abuse that ended far too soon. Most twisted of all though is that Kenny and Natalie NEVER had a domestic violence issue prior to her murder.

Stephen Vessel
Appearances: Pt. 2 (43-44)
Birth: April 29, 1963, Eugene, OR
Hometown: Boulder, CO
Childhood locations: Eugene, OR and Portland, OR
Size: 6”3, 240 lbs.
Relation to Kenny Payson: posthumous father-in-law
Marital status: married/dead (suicide)
Characters relating to Stephen: Brenda (wife), Natalie, Katie, & Bryan (children)

Background: a child of rape, Stephen grew up a bastard, having to be the man in the house at a very young age. Like Kenny, he was always told to say his father left him and his mom when he was an infant. Stephen was spoiled as a child, as his mother felt a guilt and debt to him, even though the rape was not her fault. She wanted to fill the void left behind by the rapist father, and any relationship she had with other men would quickly disintegrate because Stephen was never accepting.
Stephen served 3 years in the Marine Corps and was honorably discharged for medical reasons. In truth, he was released on a mutual agreement to never discuss some corruption involving his commanding officer, and in turn, Stephen would never be revealed for attempting to murder another Marine.

Stephen Vessel is without a doubt the greatest cagefighter of all-time. It can be argued that he wasn’t the very best of every single aspect, but as a total package, he was the most valuable. He brought the sport of cagefighting from an underground taboo sensation to a piece of Americana by 2000. He himself is a piece of Americana on par with Michael Jordan, Babe Ruth, Elvis Presley, the Beatles, Oprah Winfrey, and Michael Jackson. He is the Tiger Woods of mixed martial arts.

Stephen Vessel has not a glitch in his public profile, and cagefighting is his true mistress. It’s all he lives for. He’ll do anything to make it better, even if it means being a sadistic diva. In his eyes though, the sport is at its best as long as he has the final say on the important decisions.

On November 15, 2007, just two days before defending his World Championship in a dream fight at VFC’s landmark 100th event, Stephen murders Brenda, Katie, Bryan, and all of their pets. When nobody at the home can be reached, the police are notified and come scope the place. When all is said and done, Stephen has murdered his wife, his two youngest children, 2 dogs, 3 puppies, a cat, a rabbit, 3 hamsters, 20 goldfish, and 11 cops. He finally gets cornered, and toys with the idea of taking his own life with a 9 millimeter. In the end, he opens fire after stating that he’ll allow one of the cops to be the one to end it for him and be forced to live with the consequences of it.

If there is any way to sum up Stephen, it’s that he doesn’t like to ever give up control. In the Marines, he had to live by the codes and ethics. In the sport of MMA, until his demise, he used his power both physically and as an iconic star to rule over the office. But no matter how much success he achieved in his life and career, nothing he ever accomplished or experienced could ever make him feel complete. He went to Hell believing that he never got to meet his true equal.

James Payson
Appearances: Pt. 2 (38-39), Pt. 3 (39)
Birth: November 16, 1968, Detroit, MI
Hometown: Detroit, MI
Childhood locations: Detroit, MI
Size: 6’0”, 235 lbs.
Relation to Kenny Payson: paternal uncle
Marital status: dead/single

Background: Served 4 years in the Army, and once he was out, went back to his ways as a teenager, including dogfighting, taking down scores, murder (of humans and dogs), and numerous bank robberies. He becomes the ringleader of one of the most vicious dogfighting rings in America, based in Detroit. In 1993, he convinces younger brother Jamal, who has vowed to have changed his ways for his wife Kathy and son Kenny, to take down one last score, a robbery at GloTer Bank, which has one of its largest centers in Detroit. Jamal is gunned down during the robbery.

James is a corrupt human being, paying off some of the most politically powerful members in various levels of law enforcement to stay away from him, despite continuous harassment from animal rights groups. In 2006, he is invited to a special meeting in San Diego, in what is supposed to basically be the announcement of a truce between him and his most powerful dogfighting competitor. However, James and his insiders within the competition murder the competitor group. James and his increasing empire plan on boarding a flight to New York City to discuss more business with potential partners.

James and 150 other passengers, including several of his henchmen, are killed on December 5, 2006, when his flight from San Diego to New York is hijacked by terrorists and crashed in the outskirts of Las Vegas. If the history books are correct, James was one of a few brave, courageous men who died stopping the terrorists from bringing the plane into Los Angeles, aimed for the GloTer Tower, also known as the Library Tower. He died redeeming his life of sin.

(On the afternoon of December 5, 2006, three other commercial airline flights were hijacked. A flight from Chicago to Phoenix was hijacked and crashed into the Sears Tower, while two other flights from Philadelphia to Los Angeles were hijacked and crashed into the White House.)

Harvey Moser
Appearances: Pt. 1 (50), Pt. 2 (36-37), Pt. 3 (37)
Birth: July 22, 1970, Albuquerque, NM
Hometown: Dallas, TX
Childhood locations: Albuquerque, NM and Phoenix, AZ
Ethnicity: Asian
Size: 5’10”, 180 lbs.
Relation to Kenny Payson: the agent/cop investigating all the crimes unknowingly linked to Kenny
Marital status: divorced twice

Background: Served 4 years in the Marine Corps, and becomes a detective for the Phoenix Metro Homicide Division by his late 20s. By 35, he is promoted to Sergeant of the same division. Years later down the road, he will become an FBI agent for its Criminal Investigative Division. His resume also includes degrees in criminal justice and criminal psychology, as well as a two year degree in forensics.

His brother Michael Moser is one of 11 Boulder cops murdered by Stephen Vessel during the Vessel family tragedy in November 2007.

Victor Ellison
Appearances: Pt. 1 (26-31), Pt. 2 (18), Pt. 3 (18)
Birth: November 2, 1989, Philadelphia, PA
Hometown: Philadelphia, PA
Childhood locations: Philadelphia, PA
Ethnicity: Black (offspring of Central American immigrants)
Size: 6’0”, 215 lbs.
Relation to Kenny Payson: best friend, and the man behind Project Rewrite
Marital status: single

Background: A fellow Marine. Before Natalie’s murder, Victor was always the loose cannon. When their group would be ordered to take down the enemy, he would be the one who wanted to do it in a sadistic manner, but Kenny always kept him back, saying that it’s a line they could never cross, because then they would be no better than the terrorists and murderers they bring down. To say Victor is devastated, livid, and betrayed that Kenny would end up being the one crossing the line on a civilian family member would be the understatement of the century.

Victor has been single throughout his entire life (with the occasional date here and there), as women just never interested him that much. He knew he was insane, bordering on lunacy, due to his luxurious imagination and psychotic urges for vigilantism. Victor Ellison is the very definition of tortured genius. He was already angry dating back to the fatal heart attack of his mother in 1998, but what happens with the Paysons only makes his heart harden. He knows a woman would never be safe around him. Not only does he have to deal with the betrayal, but Natalie had become one of his best friends by association. Nobody has seen or heard from Victor since Natalie’s funeral.

Hanna Ledger
Appearances: Pt. 3 (16)
Birth: October 19, 1991, Tulsa, OK
Childhood locations: Tulsa, OK; Los Angeles, CA; Boston, MA; Atlanta, GA, Charlotte, NC; Jacksonville, FL; and Pittsburgh, PA
Size: 5’2”, 110 lbs.
Relation to Kenny Payson: high school sweetheart
Marital status: dead

Background: Born to junkies, she grows up for most of her childhood without any stability, heavily involved in drug abuse and sent from one foster home to another. When she lands at Pittsburgh’s McCauley High School during her freshman year, she meets Kenny, then a junior, and they establish a relationship. In place of a lost, troubled, miserable, tragic soul was a girl with a direction, goals, happiness, peace, and something worth living for. Once shunned by her peers, she became one of the most respected students in her high school and community.

In July of 2010, her graduation year, Hanna attends her best friend’s graduation party and gets PLASTERED like there’s no tomorrow. Kenny sends her a text asking her to come see him, not knowing that she’s in no condition to drive a vehicle. He’s going to take the biggest risk (in his opinion) of his life: he’s going to propose to her, despite their youth.

Hanna runs a red light and collides head-on with a single mother of 2 and her children. Not only does the collision immediately Hanna and the family, but Hanna’s side boyfriend as well that she was having an affair with.

Nolan Jeffries
Appearances: Pt. 1 (34-39), Pt. 2 (25-26), Pt. 3 (26)
Birth: October 1, 1981, Seattle, WA
Hometown: Seattle, WA
Childhood locations: Seattle, WA
Size: 5’10, 160 lbs.
Relation to Kenny Payson: the only one who forgives Kenny; Natalie’s ex-boyfriend and best friend
Marital status: single

Background: a former drug dealer involved in providing fake paper, Nolan was Stephen’s perfect choice to be Natalie’s boyfriend. Nolan was the only child of parents running an empire of corruption, and was to one day take over the reins. Despite what he grew up with, Nolan was taught a code… never hurt a woman or child. Nolan does more than his fair share of transacting with Stephen, even though Stephen isn’t a drug-pusher. In their last transaction though, Nolan asks for something besides money in return… for Stephen to never again hurt his family, or else Nolan will send someone after him.

When his parents are murdered by a jilted former member of his father’s empire in 2009, Nolan decides to make a huge change in his life, and he uses what he gains from the empire for a greater cause. Unlike Kenny Payson, Nolan Jeffries breaks his family’s cycle. A couple years after the murder of his parents, Nolan breaks up with Natalie, but they remain best friends up until the time of her death. By association, he is also one of Kenny Payson’s closest friends, and extremely familiar with Victor Ellison.

Not only is Nolan Jeffries familiar with the Vessel family, but he had a couple encounters with James Payson as well.
By the time of Natalie’s murder, he is a born-again Christian, spreading the word of the Lord to troubled communities across America both in person and on a Christian non-profit TV network.

Something will happen in the past, a direct effect of Project Rewrite, that causes Nolan’s salvation to happen sooner than Kenny expects.

Brenda Vessel
Appearances: Pt. 2 (42-43), Pt. 3 (43)
Birth: June 3, 1964, Seattle, WA
Hometown: Boulder, CO
Childhood locations: Seattle, WA
Size: 5’3”, 120 lbs.
Relation to Kenny Payson: posthumous mother-in-law
Marital status: murdered by husband

Background: Growing up as an only child and Daddy’s Girl, Brenda lived a privileged childhood, as her father was the founder of GloTer Bankcorp. Brenda however grew up tired of her life being so easy. Everything came to her on a silver platter – material things, money, food, vacation trips, and boys. None of the boyfriends she ever had though could make her happy. They were all… boring.

Stephen was the answer for Brenda when they first met in 1984. Despite his darkness, she couldn’t help but fall for him. He was driven to get what he wanted, and he was fun and mysterious to boot. As the years went by though, his mask fell off. The more he accomplished the more dangerous and unbearable he became.

By the time Brenda was ready to leave Stephen, it was too late.

Kathy Payson
Appearances: Pt. 2 (40), Pt. 3 (40-41)
Birth: March 17, 1967, Detroit, MI
Childhood locations: Detroit, MI
Size: 5’5”, 130 lbs.
Relation to Kenny Payson: mother
Marital status: widow

Background: A product of the ghetto, Kathy is one of the few success stories who was almost brought down by the chaos surrounding her. The day she became pregnant with Kenny though is when she changed her mindset forever. No longer would she allow herself to have any ties with corruption, robberies, drug trafficking, and possible homicides.

When her husband Jamal dies attempting one last bank robbery (after he vowed to be the best father he could be and would no longer be in that lifestyle), Kathy and Kenny move to a middle-class neighborhood in Pittsburgh, just minutes away from a variety of ghetto neighborhoods. Kathy lived for Kenny, and while she would not allow him to indulge in the same lifestyles that had cursed his paternal family, she wanted him to grow up with a distant awareness of those lifestyles.

Her last Christmas present to Kenny during his childhood is a trip back to Detroit, so that he can see first-hand what real struggle and conflict is. She was so proud of him for finally breaking his paternal family’s curse, and for every accomplishment he earned growing up. She knew he’d serve our country with everything he has.

The murder of Natalie leaves Kathy absolutely beyond devastated. After Kenny is officially found guilty and sentenced, she intentionally overdoses on her depression medication.[/HIDE]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts