Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My top 5 is pretty simple and self-explanatory. The top 5 on the mic dont reflect my top 5 favorites of all time per se(my top 2 is basically that, just in reverse order).

1. The Rock- Just youtube some of his promos, especially his Corporate Rock and Hollywood Rock promos to see what I mean.

2. Stone Cold Steve Austin- I debated on whether he or Rock were better. Rock's energy is what made him my no. 1 and command of the crowd.

3. Mick Foley- ECW and Mankind promos sealed the deal as did his last WWE promo with Edge.

4. Kurt Angle- Kurt in WWE through 2000-2002 was the best mic working heel, hands down.

5. Ric Flair- The icon, the original, the measuring stick perhaps on the mic. I've seen most of his old promos and I can attest to Flair being a top 5 on the mic of all time. So much charisma.

·
Registered
22,784 Posts
1. Mick Foley

The rest in no real order:

Bobby Heenan
Jim Cornette
Ric Flair
Jake Roberts

And I'll probably kick myself later for completely forgetting someone. Just writing this I remembered about Heyman, but I'm not sure I would put him in the top 5 of all time. Top 10 definitely.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Undertaker on the mic? I dont know, he doesnt really speak much to be honest so I never thought of him. I mean, Paul Bearer used to do the talking, then he started doing it, but it was standard RIP, taking your soul shit.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
Bobby Heenan, Ric Flair, Chris Jericho, Mick Foley, Rock

Iron Sheik would be a cose 6th ;)

·
Registered
20,205 Posts
Jericho
The Rock
Stone Cold
Angle
Ric Flair

I have only seen some of Foley's promos, but they were top notch. If I see more like them, he will probably elevate himself onto that list. Heel Cena promos were great. I liked Angle's promos in the WWE, especially when he sang, but his TNA mic skills have just been bad. If Christian were a main event player, I would put him up here as well.

·
Premium Member
4,216 Posts
1. The Rock
2. Chris Jericho
3. Mic Foley
4. Stone Cold
5. Raven

honorable mentions Jake the snake roberts, Randy Savage, Eddie Guerrero, Vince Mcmahon, Ric Flair, Edge, Ted Dibiase, Shawn Michaels, Bobby Heenan, Kurt Angle, Christian, JBL, HHH, CM Punk(lol at people putting him in their top 5 when he's only been cutting good promos for a year)

·
BLUE IS BACK
9,773 Posts
1. Mick foley... No doubt the best mic worker of all time
2. Jake the snake roberts -
3. JBL
4.Jericho
5. Austin

HM - Savage , Heyman, Heenan, Cena, Hogan, Punk, Raven

1 - 20 of 97 Posts