Wrestling Forum banner

Your All Time Favourite Steel Cage Match?

4063 Views 49 Replies 47 Participants Last post by  RobbinBanks
<-- You know the drill.

So yeah, simple enough :3. I think, so far, the best one I've seen would probably be one of the most recent: Randy Orton vs Sheamus vs Wade Barrett on the January 4th Raw. Either that, or the New Year's Revolution 2007 one with John Morrny Nitro and Jeff Hardy.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

· Banned
4,476 Posts
Agreed, the Bret/Owen one at SS '94. It's considered by many to be overrated, but it's one of my favorite matches.

· Registered
4,251 Posts
angle benoit, raw.

flying headbutt and moonsault off the top of the cage...on RAW???? most memorable for me.

· Registered
2,508 Posts
Owen Hart vs Bret Hart

I was like 5 years old and it was the first thing of wrestling I had ever seen. I was in a room with a bunch of other guys (like around 8-10 years old) that this lady use to babysit and they would all be going nuts. So since I was 5 and wanted to fit in, I would start cheering too. I didnt start watching wrestling then, but it was really cool.

· Shitting On The Bastards Below
1,268 Posts
Ive got a soft spot for Mankind HHH at Summerslam 1997, Dudleys vs The Hardyz at Survivor Series was pretty good too
The Rock vs Mankind Vs Shamrock for the no 1 contendership was awsome think it was at Breakdown in 98 something like that anyway

· Fear, Fruity Pebbles, and Possum Piss
4,103 Posts
For the pure fun factor, my vote goes to either Austin/Vince at St. Valentine's Day Massacre in 1999, or The Rock/Shamrock/Mankind from Breakdown 1998.

The former has Vince taking a very nasty bump from the cage through an announce table, Big Show debuting by coming through the ring, picking up Austin and throwing him into the cage. Awesome stuff.

The latter has Mankind thinking he's Jimmy Superfly Snuka and taking a leap from the top of the cage and missing! It also saw Rock deliver the first and only DOUBLE People's Elbow to an epic pop from the crowd, and a nasty nasty chair shot to Shamrock by Foly. Epic stuff.

· You want it all but you can't have it.
3,229 Posts
Eddie Guerrero vs Rey Mysterio on Smackdown for me. I just love the story telling in this match and the ending is just perfect for their rivalry.

· Shitting On The Bastards Below
1,268 Posts
I don't know if it was just because I was a kid but i loved the hogan king kong bundy cage match

· Banned
2,174 Posts
ah man thats a toughie

E and C vs Hardys, Unforgiven 2000 and Kurt Angle vs Joe, Lockdown 2008 (yeah i know but i still liked it, sue me)

you know how people tend to say that wrestling should focus on what MMA and other contact sports dont

well 1 on 1 matches in a cage is normal for Martial Arts but not team based confrontaions, just a thought

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.