Wrestling Forum banner

Favorite Hell in a Cell?

Your all time favorite Hell in a Cell match?

3288 Views 35 Replies 33 Participants Last post by  Equimanthorn
Seemplez :3

I can't answer cause I've only been watching wrestling for four years and I can't be arsed watching every single HIAC match :p
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Banned
18,342 Posts
HBK/Taker

It's the best match in WWE history.

Reactions: SMW

· Registered
197 Posts
Mankind vs Taker, because it was the first Hell in a Cell I ever saw, and the match that hooked me on wrestling.

Reactions: SMW

· The Winds of Change
5,629 Posts
I will have to go with Mankind/Undertaker. I can still remember watching that match live on PPV with my jaw on the floor the entire time. Nothing that hardcore had ever been seen in WWE. It was the match that set the bar extremely high for Hell in a Cell matches and really gave the structure the reputation it got over the years.

...a reputation that has been pooed all over in the last few years. However, very understandable why WWE toned the matches down, as superstar health does come first...

HBK/Underaker and Triple H/Cactus Jack are close seconds, but I think Mankind/Undertaker was just on another level.

· Banned
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The first two ever were my favourites, but I also was into the 6-man match in 2000 when Rikishi got pushed off the top into the truck. Basically any HIAC with a "OMG" moment was a great one for me.
Are you serious? That was like the worst spot of all time o_O The only thing in that truck was hay, or something like that. It didn't look painful or impactful at all. Seriously, take a look:

· Registered
2,922 Posts
Undertaker's HIAC matches with HBK and Lesnar were fantastic, but Cactus Jack vs Triple H is my all-time favourite.

· Registered
1,391 Posts
For pure spectacle it's Taker vs. Mankind.

For a match and a hard fought WAR... it's Lesnar vs. Taker. When Lesnar goes for the cover at the end and Brock's blood is just PISSING over Taker's neck and chest, urgh, just beautiful.

· Registered
3,828 Posts
I will have to go with Mankind/Undertaker. I can still remember watching that match live on PPV with my jaw on the floor the entire time. Nothing that hardcore had ever been seen in WWE. It was the match that set the bar extremely high for Hell in a Cell matches and really gave the structure the reputation it got over the years.

...a reputation that has been pooed all over in the last few years. However, very understandable why WWE toned the matches down, as superstar health does come first...

HBK/Underaker and Triple H/Cactus Jack are close seconds, but I think Mankind/Undertaker was just on another level.
This.

· Banned
2,684 Posts
My favourite is the Armageddon Hell In A Cell. If only because I was so hyped for the match and enjoyed the clusterfuck that it was.

But the best Hell In A Cell matches are without a doubt Shawn Michaels/Undertaker and Lesnar/Undertaker. I'd give Mankind/Taker the nod for third for sheer spectacle and "holy shit" moments.

Looking at this match, it's really a sad state of affairs. Out of the last ten options, the only two great/good Hell In A Cell matches respectively were Batista/Triple H and Batista/Undertaker. The other 8 being varying degrees of crap.

· Registered
964 Posts
I didn't vote because this is such a hard thing to answer.

HBK/Taker, Foley/Taker, and Lesnar/Taker are all amazing matches.

HBK/Taker is probably the best WRESTLING match

Foley/Taker is obviously the most JAW DROPPING match

Lesnar/Taker is the most BRUTAL match

With an honorable mention to Cactus/HHH for being pretty damn awesome.

I have the HIAC DVD and I watch these 4 matches at least every couple of weeks.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.