Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which younger talent like (Orton, Cena, Miz, Kofi etc.) do you see keeping the same gimmick for the rest of their careers?

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
i think kofi will change. actually, i wouldnt' be shocked if he ever did a complete 180 and someday becomes a badass heel. orton i think will always have the same basic charecter, though tweaked here and there much like the undertaker. cena...that could go either way...but if he ever does change, it won't be for a while. don't ask me why i think this, but i think kelly kelly should change...but she never will because she can't act. she can't stop smiling and giggling. i honestly think she'd make a good heel otherwise.

·
Sly as a fox, ferocious as a lion
3,031 Posts
Kofi needs to change, he has to stop acting like a Jamaican. He's from Ghana, he needs to get a different gimmick even though he is mega over with this gimmick.
That doesn't make any sense, whatsoever...

As for the "stop acting like a Jamaican" statement, hasn't that been downplayed recently?

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,207 Posts
I can see The Miz turning face sometime down the line.

I don't think Kofi would make a good heel. There were rumors of a Kofi or MVP heel turn and
MVP should absolutely turn heel before Kingston.

Orton has said in interviews that he likes where he is at with his character and is comfortable with it. Of the stars you mentioned I feel that Orton will remain the closest to what he is right now.

·
Premium Member
4,757 Posts
I doubt Orton will stray too far from his current persona. He's really found his niche with this one.
I pretty much agree, Orton's at his best in the WWE in the moment, this badass Viper gimmick works him wonders and seeing as he's out popping Cena at some events I can see this being kept.

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
9,856 Posts
Kingston's "Jamaican" gimmick is long gone, so I'm not sure why anyone is still hanging onto that.

As for his heel potential... he DID play a great heel in the indies. However, it was in his "Jamaican" gimmick. So he wouldn't have that to use for fuel. I'd be interested to see how he approaches a heel run; however, that doesn't need to happen anytime soon. Kingston is WWE's next big mega-face.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
i'm surprised they didn't turn him when ghana beat the US in the world cup. that would have been a good time to do it. i'd love for him to go heel, but i don't think it will happen in the near future.

·
Banned
275 Posts
There arent gimmicks any more in The E. You've just got the arrogant heel, the funny badass tweener, and the hero face who's stuck in midcard, and the main event.

·
KILL BECKY KILL
3,192 Posts
There arent gimmicks any more in The E. You've just got the arrogant heel, the funny badass tweener, and the hero face who's stuck in midcard, and the main event.
Yeah, bring back bogeyman and doink the clown please.

Tbh, the only 'gimmick' wrestlers should have is themselves 'with the volume turned up'.

·
Proud Pastafarian =)
4,051 Posts
How are orton and cena considered young, when they've been in the WWE for almost a decade? lol

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
How are orton and cena considered young, when they've been in the WWE for almost a decade? lol
They're young in the sense that they have a lot of career left ahead of them. Orton is 30; Cena is 33. They can both go until well into their 40's, so that's at least 10 years for both of them (provided Cena doesn't go Hollywood, which I don't see happening).

·
Recognize
21,503 Posts
It will never stay exactly the same, but I doubt Orton will stray too far from his current persona. He's really found his niche with this one.
I agree. This character completely and totally works for him. I just wish he would bring back some of the heel tendencies we saw from 09. Other than that I don't see him straying too far from what we are seeing now.

EvoLution™;8605224 said:
Kingston is WWE's next big mega-face.
This, this, this x a million lol. I'm quite excited for when they decide to pull the trigger on Kofi.

I think Cena is pretty much just being himself every week. The only way I see that changing is if he turns heel.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts