Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
- as the library performer sends a heartfelt message to his family (couldn't fit the full article heading in the thread title)

A young conservative student who led a controversial 'drag queens are not for kids' protest at a library reading session has died in a suspected suicide.

Wilson Gavin, the president of the University of Queensland's (UQ) Liberal National Club, was found dead in Brisbane's south on Monday.

Queensland police and ambulance services were called to an incident at Chelmer about 7.07am.

A state ambulance spokeswoman said the patient was found with critical injuries. Mr Gavin was 21.

Mr Gavin was one of about 15 to 20 students who protested at the Drag Storytime event held at the Brisbane Square Library on Sunday afternoon.

Drag queens read stories to children and their parents to teach kids about the fluidity of gender identity and provide them with queer role models.

Footage of the protest shows the demonstrators chanting loudly while one of two performers Diamond Good-Rim tries to get them to stop.

The Veronicas' star Jessica Origliasso, who is engaged to transgender bartender Kai Carlton said she was furious at the protest and called the group bigoted
The video featuring Mr Gavin went viral and was slammed by The Veronicas star Jessica Origliasso, who is engaged to transgender bartender Kai Carlton.

Johnny Valkyrie, one of two drag queens involved in the Brisbane library incident, said his heart goes out to Wilson Gavin's family and friends.

'If the family are reading this please know that I support you, and I am here to gather support and I know you are good people,' he said.

'To those of you who follow me, if you require support please reach out to community services and hotlines which are freely available
to the community.

'I cannot say anymore at this stage.

I have to reflect on the events, heal and extend my love to the community.'

Diamond Good-rim, another library performer, said: 'I am deeply saddened to hear the tragic news of the passing of Wilson Gavin this morning. My thoughts and deep condolences are with his family and friends at this tragic time.

'We all need to band together at this awful, difficult time.'

Before the tragedy emerged, Origliasso described the demonstration as a 'tone deaf 'protest' and fueled by bigotry.'

In the wake of the tragedy, drag queen Diamond Good-Rim issued a statement saying he was deeply saddened by the news.

'My thoughts and deep condolences are with his family and friends at this tragic time,' he said.

'We all need to band together at this awful, difficult time. Please, if any of you are feeling affected in any way by these recent events, reach out for support.'

Johnny Valkyrie, the second drag queen at the event, said: 'If the family (of Mr Gavin) are reading this please know that I support you, and I am here to gather support and I know you are good people.'

University of Queensland senator Drew Pavlou, a friend of Mr Gavin's, said his mate was 'at his core a very kind person that cared for others.

'I had the great privilege of seeing that side of him in life.

'He was hilarious and a riot to be around, his fame will always remain legendary.'

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe the above two posts are jokes but if not I don't think he was killed. All of the protesters were getting a lot of shit online, some of it coming from the leaders of the liberal party they considered themselves a part of. I think he was the one saying "you don't have my consent to record me" in one of the videos so he might've been concerned about getting doxxxed. Pretty sad story either way. I'd never interrupt a drag queen story time because I assume the parents of the kids are present and know they're there. I do think it's inappropriate for kids though. There's no reason for them to be exposed to drag and taught about gender fluidity at such a young age. They don't even vet these drag queens properly. At least a few have turned out to be registered sex offenders.

·
Registered
133 Posts
John Lennon had a quote about the people who run society and I am a big believer in it, in fact I'm living it.

I'm telling you right now I truly believe Trump gets reelected in 2020 and then in 2024, the United States get their first trans president.

Crazy right? Well who really thought in 2002 a guy by the name Barrack Hussein Obama would be the next US President, and in 2010 who really thought that Donald Trump would be the next Us President?

So I rest my case.

·
The Mouth of Madness!
10,644 Posts
I do think it's inappropriate for kids though. There's no reason for them to be exposed to drag and taught about gender fluidity at such a young age.

They don't even vet these drag queens properly. At least a few have turned out to be registered sex offenders.
And these are two of the biggest issues I have that go unpunished. Why expose CHILDREN to sex like this? Why is there such a push for this type of behavior to be put in the space of children?

Other than for grooming and predatory practices, what's the point of shit like this, Little Drag Queens, Toddlers in Tiaras etc etc.? Seriously? It's got one demographic and that's pedophiles hiding behind labels that mean you can't point fingers at them!

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
Maybe the above two posts are jokes but if not I don't think he was killed. All of the protesters were getting a lot of shit online, some of it coming from the leaders of the liberal party they considered themselves a part of. I think he was the one saying "you don't have my consent to record me" in one of the videos so he might've been concerned about getting doxxxed. Pretty sad story either way. I'd never interrupt a drag queen story time because I assume the parents of the kids are present and know they're there. I do think it's inappropriate for kids though. There's no reason for them to be exposed to drag and taught about gender fluidity at such a young age. They don't even vet these drag queens properly. At least a few have turned out to be registered sex offenders.
Source please? This sounds preposterous. If that is indeed true then please go a step further and provide a case of a sex offender drag queen using this initiative to sexually assault a child. Otherwise your point is completely flat with all due respect.

Also, why is there no reason to be exposed to drag and the concept of gender fluidity? What's wrong with that exactly? 100% this would be one of those things kids completely take in their stride because they haven't developed all the biases and fears that adults have. It's normally the adults with the problem, not kids themselves.

"Daddy, why is that man dressed as a woman?"
"Well son, some guys like to dress up that way, just like you like to dress up as Batman,"
"Okay. Can I play Super Mario?"

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I sort of think with a lot of protesters, people that become obsessed with tearing something down or channeling their anger into something isn't happy with their own life. Normal balanced people don't have time to set aside weekend plans for stuff like this.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Source please? This sounds preposterous. If that is indeed true then please go a step further and provide a case of a sex offender drag queen using this initiative to sexually assault a child. Otherwise your point is completely flat with all due respect.

Also, why is there no reason to be exposed to drag and the concept of gender fluidity? What's wrong with that exactly? 100% this would be one of those things kids completely take in their stride because they haven't developed all the biases and fears that adults have. It's normally the adults with the problem, not kids themselves.

"Well son, some guys like to dress up that way, just like you like to dress up as Batman,"
Here you go.

I never said they sexually assaulted anyone at these drag queen story time events but it's common sense to not let convicted sex offenders near children let alone allow them to "teach" children at an event. Are you really so progressive that you'd defend this garbage? You need a certificate to work with children even as a volunteer at some places, the same should go for events like this, especially when the topics being taught about are sexual in nature. I doubt my point would fall flat with the parents of the kids who were at those events where it turned out the drag queen was a predator. Any non-shitty parent would be appalled by the lack of vetting on the library staff's part. They'd also regret not watching their kids like a hawk in retrospect. Predators can be quite sneaky.

Kids go through phases all the time, they don't need adults influencing their perception of their own sexuality and identity at such a young age. Let kids be kids. You can teach openness and acceptance without telling them they might not be a boy or girl which might lead them to getting sex changes that can negatively affect their quality of life. A bit over 40% of people who get sex changes end up taking their own lives. Whether you blame society for not being accepting enough (even though the west continually gets more progressive by the day) or the drastic changes to their biology and hormones it's not something we should be pushing on minors.

·
The Mouth of Madness!
10,644 Posts
Not trying to fan the flames here but that exchange between Yeahbaby and BC Fangirl goes directly to the point I was getting at in my original post. These monsters slide in and wave a rainbow flag and suddenly they are beyond reproach. If you dare raise the question about their intentions, you get branded a homophobe or accused of hating. Meanwhile All you asked was, why are we putting CHILDREN IN SEXUAL SITUATIONS?

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I also find it sad that the narrative most people ran with on twitter back when this was a trending story was that "transphobia kills", completely ignoring everyone who piled on him and the other protesters with insults and threats. A journalist was apparently calling for their doxxxing. I did see others calling for their dox but not any accounts with a blue checkmark which many journalists seem to have. It's hard to find most of this stuff now anyway because they got rid of the hashtag shortly after his suicide became known to the public and many of the tweets have been deleted.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Did I read that one of the drag queens was named Diamond Good-rim? I mean surely that's a sufficient reason to not let him around kids. At least go by a different name when you're working with children for fucks sake. Drag Queens are provocateurs, sexual and intentionally over the top. If transgender or gay people want to work with or read to children I'm all for it, but this is just unnecessary pot stirring from the far left.

·
Magic, sparkles and Strap-ons!
14,205 Posts
Not trying to fan the flames here but that exchange between Yeahbaby and BC Fangirl goes directly to the point I was getting at in my original post. These monsters slide in and wave a rainbow flag and suddenly they are beyond reproach. If you dare raise the question about their intentions, you get branded a homophobe or accused of hating. Meanwhile All you asked was, why are we putting CHILDREN IN SEXUAL SITUATIONS?
Vetting, questioning motives and general common sense goes out the window when certain things are at play.

Didn't we learn our lesson with pedo priests, teachers and cops that nobody should be above questioning or care when it comes to children?

How many times do people warn others not to get suckered by con artists with sad stories, yet if someone fits a certain criteria we should just accept whatever is said as 100% truth.

It's all so tiring.

·
Registered
261 Posts

Well that's not what these children are being taught. They aren't just being taught that some people like to dress a certain way, they're being taught that men can choose to be women if they want to. Responsible parents are rightfully afraid of exposing impressionable young children to this.

In the real world you don't get to choose whether you're a male or a female, regardless of how you like to dress.

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
Here you go.

I never said they sexually assaulted anyone at these drag queen story time events but it's common sense to not let convicted sex offenders near children let alone allow them to "teach" children at an event. Are you really so progressive that you'd defend this garbage? You need a certificate to work with children even as a volunteer at some places, the same should go for events like this, especially when the topics being taught about are sexual in nature. I doubt my point would fall flat with the parents of the kids who were at those events where it turned out the drag queen was a predator. Any non-shitty parent would be appalled by the lack of vetting on the library staff's part. They'd also regret not watching their kids like a hawk in retrospect. Predators can be quite sneaky.

Kids go through phases all the time, they don't need adults influencing their perception of their own sexuality and identity at such a young age. Let kids be kids. You can teach openness and acceptance without telling them they might not be a boy or girl which might lead them to getting sex changes that can negatively affect their quality of life. A bit over 40% of people who get sex changes end up taking their own lives. Whether you blame society for not being accepting enough (even though the west continually gets more progressive by the day) or the drastic changes to their biology and hormones it's not something we should be pushing on minors.
Thanks for the sources, this obviously points to a massive problem with Houston's judicial system and the programs that runs these sorts of things. In my own research I found also a story about it happening in Austin.

However, this thread is about an Australian story. After much searching I couldn't find any stories about that happening here or the standards we have regarding background checks. Happy to be proven wrong at any point. And no, I would not defend child sex offenders being a library hour reader to kids, it's extremely offensive to even project that on to me.

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
Don't you dare project that shit on to me you SOB, and don't deny that's exactly what what you've done - you fucking named me so don't back up. you should take it back. I simply asked for sources, which is what people need to do in an argument like this when making big claims. At no time did I call BC some sort of homophobe or anything like that.

'Monsters slide in and wave a rainbow flag and they're beyond reproach' Child molestors getting a pass because they're gay or drag queens? Take that garbage to Fox news you POS.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts