Wrestling Forum banner

81 - 100 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
Holy shit, I watched it up until that god awful intro. Why did I do that to myself? That was so fucking bad, hahaha.

Do they really think landscaping is a good metaphor for wrestling? You know, if someone does know something about landscaping, and they advise you against making some big mistakes, maybe you should actually listen to them, since they know how to do that actual job?

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Perhaps you could teach them emotional maturity, so that their written word one day conveys better than yours.
So you're not going to debate the points made and would prefer half assed insults that don't even make sense in regards to my responses? I'll leave you to your "adult convo".

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
@The Wood , you said that Austin and Rock were already stars by the time Mae Young gave birth to a hand. Fair enough. I went further back to show how stupid shit was on the fucking card when they weren’t stars, yet they were still made fucking stars.

Which one is it? You can’t make stars or you can with comedy acts in the same universe? Make up your mind. I’m not twisting words or your argument. I’m merely showing you that if something is good, it is good, and people will absolutely wax poetic about it in hindsight.

·
Banned
894 Posts
So you're not going to debate the points made and would prefer half assed insults that don't even make sense in regards to my responses? I'll leave you to your "adult convo".
There's never anything to "debate" about a matter-of-fact "opinion". The "gang" are always right 100% of the time. Just ask any one of them.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
There's never anything to "debate" about a matter-of-fact "opinion". The "gang" are always right 100% of the time. Just ask any one of them.
Like I said @The Wood I respect and know his opinion.

The rest come off as hanger-ons with all of the importance of Sammy Guevara, praying some relevancy is shined upon them.

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
Oh, just fuck off.

@The Wood , you said that Austin and Rock were already stars by the time Mae Young gave birth to a hand. Fair enough. I went further back to show how stupid shit was on the fucking card when they weren’t stars, yet they were still made fucking stars.

Which one is it? You can’t make stars or you can with comedy acts in the same universe? Make up your mind. I’m not twisting words or your argument. I’m merely showing you that if something is good, it is good, and people will absolutely wax poetic about it in hindsight.
Yeah, but did you conveniently leave off the other points I made. The WWF was in a hole because of a lot of stupid shit. Austin got over largely because of his work with Bret Hart and Mike Tyson. People believed that shit and there was never anything as fucking awful and nonsensical as Orange Cassidy on that show. Kayfabe got that shit over.

Roddy Piper also had that inherent quality to make people believe in him. There's nothing inherently "phoney" about him getting into a brawl with Goldust. Go and look at the way he works in that. Piper looks like he legit wants to kill Goldust. And Dustin Rhodes is no bad worker himself. It's not the same as a dude with his hands in his pockets. Yes, using the OJ footage was stupid, but it wasn't even as reality breaking as Orange fucking Cassidy.

If something really sucks so bad, people can forget about it too. But you're comparing bullshit that happens on one show to something that happens on the same show. The WWF in 1996 was not exactly cooking and not exactly the same period as when Austin was hot. There are a lot of different factors. And if you're putting Orange Cassidy on your show, then you're not putting on a good show, so the argument is moot.

I also don't understand why you just wouldn't try to be good in the first place. Why even try to defend shit that just bogs you down?

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Goddamn this thread blew up! Maybe Bucks would make good heels, they have so many haters even amongst AEW fans.
they are good heels though - they have ‘cocky’ down pat

personally I’ve really grown to love the Bucks

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,443 Posts
Well that was a stupid analogy in the BTE, the guy who did the landscaping job didn't ask for feedback and he wasn't trying to sell anyone a product, he did the landscaping job for himself and no one else so why should he give a fuck about anybody's opinion?

But AEW is a product that they're trying to sell to customers and if the customers don't like the product they go out of business. That's why there's the saying "the customer is always right", it doesn't mean that the customer is always objectively right, it just means that it's your job to please them. If McDonald's did a survey of their customers and 90% of them wanted the tomato on the bottom bun, it doesn't matter that it's objectively wrong because it makes the bread soggy, you can bet that McDonald's would start putting the tomato on the bottom.

If the fans are less than thrilled with your product and give you feedback on what would make them enjoy it more, rather than throwing subtle jabs at them, maybe you should take some of that criticism into consideration. The Elite are all too busy patting themselves on the back, and the deserve it, what they have done is amazing, but now they're no longer booking a show for themselves. If they're not in the business of pleasing their customers they shouldn't be in business, especially not at the national level.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
The point is that Austin and Rock got over in spite of it, and the dumb shit fucking existed. Just as Orange Cassidy exists in the AEW universe. If Moxley and MJF or whoever get over, they’ll do so in spite of your stupid claims that Cassidy “can’t exist in a serious world”.

·
Premium Member
11,492 Posts
Well that was a stupid analogy in the BTE, the guy who did the landscaping job didn't ask for feedback and he wasn't trying to sell anyone a product, he did the landscaping job for himself and no one else so why should he give a fuck about anybody's opinion?

But AEW is a product that they're trying to sell to customers and if the customers don't like the product they go out of business. That's why there's the saying "the customer is always right", it doesn't mean that the customer is always objectively right, it just means that it's your job to please them. If McDonald's did a survey of their customers and 90% of them wanted the tomato on the bottom bun, it doesn't matter that it's objectively wrong because it makes the bread soggy, you can bet that McDonald's would start putting the tomato on the bottom.

If the fans are less than thrilled with your product and give you feedback on what would make them enjoy it more, rather than throwing subtle jabs at them, maybe you should take some of that criticism into consideration. The Elite are all too busy patting themselves on the back, and the deserve it, what they have done is amazing, but now they're no longer booking a show for themselves. If they're not in the business of pleasing their customers they shouldn't be in business, especially not at the national level.
I think they are laughing at these “critics” cus AEW have genuine data about how well they are doing. Like you said, if McDonald’s did a survey. However, what about the people who don’t do those surveys? The minority are the most vocal. We don’t know the sales of McDonald’s. What makes you think McDonald’s would follow a surgery when they have decades of records of sales and experienced analysts on the case? We also don’t know the sales of AEW. Complaining but if AEW are hitting their targets, who are we to complain?

the analogy is generally bad because AEW haven’t got a survey to fill in. Give your feedback by not watching the show, buying merch and not paying for the PPV. AEW aren’t gonna log onto WF to get advice ?

·
Registered
20,612 Posts
I think they are laughing at these “critics” cus AEW have genuine data about how well they are doing. Like you said, if McDonald’s did a survey. However, what about the people who don’t do those surveys? The minority are the most vocal. We don’t know the sales of McDonald’s. What makes you think McDonald’s would follow a surgery when they have decades of records of sales and experienced analysts on the case? We also don’t know the sales of AEW. Complaining but if AEW are hitting their targets, who are we to complain?
I mean can't the same thing be said of WWE then?

·
Premium Member
11,492 Posts
Shit is mostly negative lol
I, like the majority of people, stopped watching WWE and now they’re trying to gain that viewership back.
And that is how business works. Feedback does fuck all if the company is making money. AEW is putting asses in seats, started the year off strong in terms of ratings and has a contract set up for their PPVs up until whenever. So far, the facts suggest AEW is on the up.

so making these long ass posts on WF will do nothing. WWE slowly is getting my viewership back.

these goofies act like what they are saying is more important than the current trends and quick wins that AEW have been achieving.

Btw feedback on WF vs feedback from Cornette is very different and non-comparable. I think Cornette can provide feedback. He has decades of experience. So I’m not complaining about Cornette. But yah also at the end of the day, he is not privy to business trends.

·
Registered
6,639 Posts

the analogy is generally bad because AEW haven’t got a survey to fill in. Give your feedback by not watching the show, buying merch and not paying for the PPV. AEW aren’t gonna log onto WF to get advice ?
Lol, this is a bit of a reach. What suggests their metrics are going up? PPV has a terrible retention rate. They’ve lost a large chunk of viewers. Attendance is down. The hardcore fans that do watch are getting disenchanted by larger numbers.

They are simply trying to send the message that “everyone thinks their an expert.” Yah. Just like them. The point about them not making a wrestling promotion for themselves is a great one.

And there is a correct way to concrete too.

81 - 100 of 151 Posts