Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Banned
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The first 1min 30sec. It's all in metaphor. Nick Jackson = AEW. Matt Jackson = The Wood & Dude

? ? ?

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
Haha, I’m not going to watch that. How is it trolling me if I don’t even see it? And how insane to think I’m on their level and someone they would give attention to. I also guarantee that Jim Cornette is not a regular viewer of BTE. This is playing to their crowd. Swing and a miss.

EDIT: And I really love, and am a bit surprised, to be honest, how every post in here is someone pointing out how cringe they are/have become. How the crows have come home...

·
Justice 4 Asuka
1,091 Posts
That Omega/Page segment should be on Dynamite not on BTE. That part of the reason why people can't get invested in some of these stories because a lot of the story is told on YouTube, not on TV.

And yeah, the Bucks and Kenny need to be able to take constructive criticism better. They act like they're always right.

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
Haha, I’m not going to watch that. How is it trolling me if I don’t even see it? And how insane to think I’m on their level and someone they would give attention to. I also guarantee that Jim Cornette is not a regular viewer of BTE. This is playing to their crowd. Swing and a miss.

EDIT: And I really love, and am a bit surprised, to be honest, how every post in here is someone pointing out how cringe they are/have become. How the crows have come home...
Yeah Cornette has said many times he will not watch even pre-shows or anything not on TV. No way he has ever watched YouTube. He has never even watched the WWE Network.

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
I don't blame the Bucks at all. Social media has become very toxic, filled with "fans" who think they know more than the people who are actually involved in the business. Better to tune out the negative rabble and simply focus on what's important: producing a quality product for the fans who appreciate and enjoy AEW.
They gave out their own criticism for years but cannot take it. Let me know when they are directly responsible for producing a quality segment on the product.

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
12 posts in before someone is actually on their side. More and more it is becoming clear...

People are not different. Social media just gives people a platform. If you want to exist in the public sphere, exist in the public sphere. It is pretentious and douchey to talk about reality as if it is "poisonous" to your very being or whatever.

Actors, singers, politicians, writers, wrestlers -- anyone who is a public figure at all -- has always been criticized by people, the media, television, satire, others, professional critics, newspapers, their families, etc. It has happened since the dawn of time. You know what they had? Resilience and a fucking awareness of their position in society.

People on here are abusing people like me and The Dude and Rainmaker all the time. Garty made a thread showing how obsessed he is with me. He tallied my posts and copied and pasted them to talk about how he thinks he can clinically assign me the status of being a narcissist, like it even fucking matters. Who cares if I were? Do I run off the boards and hide because it's "toxic?" No. I fucking saddle up and tell people why that's wrong, stupid, foolish or whatever, because I'm not so insecure I need society to be a fucking electric blanket to my self-esteem.

And I'm not mocking people with mental issues who find this sort of stuff hard. That's fine, and they deserve respect. But what they don't need is a public platform to wheel themselves out there so they can make a big dramatic display about how they want to be wheeled out.

Here's the thing, Young Bucks. If you can't handle the spotlight, get the fuck out of it.

·
Registered
20,612 Posts
I don't blame the Bucks at all. Social media has become very toxic, filled with "fans" who think they know more than the people who are actually involved in the business. Better to tune out the negative rabble and simply focus on what's important: producing a quality product for the fans who appreciate and enjoy AEW.
Social media can certainly be toxic that's for damn sure. But it's also ironic and hypocritical that they now consider things toxic when they're the targets. When they were using BTE to joke on WWE and point out their flaws everything was fine. It more so seems like they can dish it out, but they can't take it.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have tried on multiple occasions to watch BTE over the past year and a half, and I just cannot do it. Their comedy and humor just do nothing for me. Maybe this is why I have issues getting I to Dynamite, I am not the type of fan that they cater to.

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
Their comedy is actually offensive. Not in terms of the content is un-PC or anything, but their attitude that they are so fucking funny is like the AV club at school snort-laughing at their own jokes while everyone else rolls their eyes.

And they'd be getting paid seven figures to ass off like this. There are fucking starving people with actual talent. There are struggling comedians that have to see this money-mark fork out millions to prop these guys up and give them the stage they've got. It actually deserves resentment. A couple of millionaires whinging and telling jokes about how mean people are to them.

·
Registered
20,612 Posts
I have tried on multiple occasions to watch BTE over the past year and a half, and I just cannot do it. Their comedy and humor just do nothing for me. Maybe this is why I have issues getting I to Dynamite, I am not the type of fan that they cater to.
I feel like they just missed me age wise.I liked the old Miz and Morrison The Dirt Sheet shorts and I'm from the Jackass, Viva La Bam, and early Adult Swim era of TV. But now that type of purposefully dumb humor is just meh.

·
Banned
894 Posts

The first 1min 30sec. It's all in metaphor. Nick Jackson = AEW. Matt Jackson = The Wood & Dude

? ? ?
What you have read above my post, I'm sure as below my post, is of the same "opinion" criticism, as those who criticize their opinion criticism, with their own opinion criticism, calling them childish, babies, pussies, etc. for pointing out what is clearly becoming, an "I know you are, but what am I" carousel of never-ending opinions. Keep spinning guys. Keep spinning. :whistle: :coffee: :sleep:

1 - 20 of 151 Posts