Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Heroes For Hire
15,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The Bucks were interviewed by Chris van Vliet and discussed a number of topics on AEW including Punk coming in and future plans for the company. Towards the end of the interview Chris brings up an AEW video game happening the Bucks were about to comment until Matt's wife Dana said "don't" as in don't talk about it.This could mean nothing, and it could mean preliminary talks for a game has already started with some developers/publishers and legally they can't talk about it. The entire interview is a good watch, but what do you guys think about AEW getting a game?

Yukes are making a rival WWE game which they're able to do due to the fact that 2K/Take-Two doesn't own the studio so maybe they're talking with AEW? I used to think Yukes was becoming complacent with the way they developed the WWE games, but after they revealed their frustrations with the restrictions and everything they were given I kind of feel bad for them. A motivated & passionate Yukes could make one hell of a wrestling game, they've done it before. That being said, I'd still prefer a new developer with a good track record doing the game.

·
Registered
6,687 Posts
1. I think the NJPW ‘bad relationship’ is misdirection
2. I think Punk is signing
3. Video game will most likely be in the vein of something old school

·
Cutting a Shoot Promo To Get Over
5,464 Posts
Just on the part about venue size. If the demand is high as it's been reported, why not go for something much bigger?

·
Heroes For Hire
15,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They're taking a "wait and see" approach and keeping it safe with venue size, which is smart. This could die off at any moment, eventually if it continues growing at the pace that it has they have no choice but to expand arena sizes.

·
Registered
6,687 Posts
Nah, Meltzer talked about this the other day. During his interview with Ibushi he asked about the Kenny documentary and the whole room went silent for a few seconds.
If that is the case, NJPW is suuuuuuuper dumb.... which I hope they aren’t

·
Registered
22,830 Posts
The video game sounds fun, I just hope they get the right partner to do it. So many wrestling games have sucked because the grappling system was ass.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
When it comes to wrestling NJPW is the best around but their office is one of the dumbest. They still hate TNA guts for what they did to Okada almost a decade ago.
I can understand NJPW been mad, AEW took the most popular overseas act and one of their biggest singles stars. I bet TNA bookers feel like dumb asses a decade later they booked the best wrestler of a generation like a total dork. I love to see a AEW/NJPW team up down the road, but at this point neither need each other.

·
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
17,649 Posts
Can't wait for Cody to ask to have the best stats in the video game :lol

Reactions: Mugging of Cena

·
Registered
22,830 Posts
LOL

Isn't it a little bit early to be thinking about a video game?
Not at all tons of silly fun games get made for fairly cheap all the time. If I was them I'd first go to EA since they like to compete with 2k in the sports game world and already have UFC under their belt. Then if that doesn't work, find an indie developer to make something similar to Fire Pro Wrestling

·
Heroes For Hire
15,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not at all tons of silly fun games get made for fairly cheap all the time. If I was them I'd first go to EA since they like to compete with 2k in the sports game world and already have UFC under their belt. Then if that doesn't work, find an indie developer to make something similar to Fire Pro Wrestling
EA is the last fucking dev you want touching this, especially with all the bad press they've gotten lately. Also fuck having lootboxes and pay to win bullshit in a wrestling game, that worked out fantastic for UFC 3 when they did it (except it didn't cause that game bombed financially).

·
Registered
17,497 Posts
You mean I'd get to give everything to pixel Jungle Twink? Count me in, count me all in!!

The Bucks were interviewed by Chris van Vliet and discussed a number of topics on AEW including Punk coming in and future plans for the company. Towards the end of the interview Chris brings up an AEW video game happening the Bucks were about to comment until Matt's wife Dana said "don't" as in don't talk about it.This could mean nothing, and it could mean preliminary talks for a game has already started with some developers/publishers and legally they can't talk about it. The entire interview is a good watch, but what do you guys think about AEW getting a game?

Yukes are making a rival WWE game which they're able to do due to the fact that 2K/Take-Two doesn't own the studio so maybe they're talking with AEW? I used to think Yukes was becoming complacent with the way they developed the WWE games, but after they revealed their frustrations with the restrictions and everything they were given I kind of feel bad for them. A motivated & passionate Yukes could make one hell of a wrestling game, they've done it before. That being said, I'd still prefer a new developer with a good track record doing the game.
Wrong. the "rival video game" will still be a WWE production. They even said as such in the interview about it. :lmao So we'll still get the 2k WWE series on top of whatever Yukes have planned for the company. Yukes have been doing less and less over the last few years in regards to the 2k games, with 2k taking over MyPlayer and the Showcase modes last year.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts