Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started a few weeks back, starting to like it.
I have the will to quit smoking and vape has helped me cut back, so thats progress.
Started out with the cheap pen starters, wasn't too impressed but it got me interested enough to invest in better models ,, I bought this beast below, very nice device.

With a nice adjutable air flow tank and much bigger coil than the pens, you can blow a pretty good cloud with this thing and battery lasts seems like forever.

Also got a nice pen model for times when I need something a bit more portable.
Having a tough time finding juice I like ,,, Right off the bat I went with the high nicotine 24 mg stuff, figured since I was a medium sometimes heavy smoker I'd start off with a high content and work my way down - That was a mistake, made me hack and cough worse than any cigarette.
Reduced it to 16, still too much. So 12 and even 8 where its at for me .. I use a mix of spiced chai and green menthol and that works for me.
Tried all kinds, honey, rootbeer, vanilla, cherry tobacco. I have about 8 I haven't even tried yet, outside of my custom mix I haven't found anything that I'd care to inhale alot, so thats a stumbling block right now.

Reactions: Reaper

·
Friends Come And Go,Banners Hang Forever
25,685 Posts
they're good for if you're just watching a movie with some buddies/playing games and need something you can pass around quickly, but i prefer the high you get from bongs and smoking a joint is more relaxing than vaping imo.

i know a lot of people that love it though and it's not really surprising.

#funfact , you can smoke your vaped weed ashes and get high off them. :kobe3

·
Banned
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
People vape weed, personally I quit when I was like 16 which was, oh a few years back.
Smoked like a fiend from about 7th grade to 10th, then I had my sights on joining the military so figured I had better quit.

I understand there are 2 ways to go about it:

* Buy a specialized herb vape device, grind the powder up fine, put it in the chamber and vape away. No spark, no flames, nothing actually burns

* Make weed concentrate and mix it with a precursor, this turns into into a liquid that can be vaped in any vape pen

Supposedly the high is more intense, and healthier too since there is no combustion. I think this is the wave of the future for potheads

http://www.theweedblog.com/how-to-make-your-own-vape-pen-juice/

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
they're good for if you're just watching a movie with some buddies/playing games and need something you can pass around quickly, but i prefer the high you get from bongs and smoking a joint is more relaxing than vaping imo.

i know a lot of people that love it though and it's not really surprising.

#funfact , you can smoke your vaped weed ashes and get high off them. :kobe3
Thx for the tip!

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I quit smoking for about 4 months when I first started vaping, but gradually got back into cigarettes. The danger of vaping is you get used to having a higher level of nicotine in your body - probably smoke more now than I did before I quit.

·
Premium Member
5,189 Posts
I don't vape but I do fap when the urge takes me

·
Crazy Cat Lady
1,934 Posts
I quit smoking for about 4 months when I first started vaping, but gradually got back into cigarettes. The danger of vaping is you get used to having a higher level of nicotine in your body - probably smoke more now than I did before I quit.
Why didnt you just buy a low nicotine one though? Do they do none nicotine ones?

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Why didnt you just buy a low nicotine one though? Do they do none nicotine ones?
You can get zero nicotine liquid yeah. I started on 18mg but whenever I tried to cut down to 12mg it always felt too weak and like you weren't getting a proper 'fix'.

Main problem is how easy it is though. You end up vaping even if you don't really need too. Don't even realise you have it in your hand half the time.

·
From parts unknown
23,273 Posts
Vaping works. I smoked for 13 years before a year of Vaping helped me kick the withdrawals and the habit in a nice, easy, clean and cheap way.

I have a spinner II and a local store gives me a custom blend that's close to Camel Crush. Mint+Menthol+16MG Nicotine on 4.3 volts is perfection for me.

The science on it so far is that it's safer than cigs and only harmful at higher voltages ... but no one can smoke at the highest voltages anyways because it starts tasting like shit. Keep the nicotine level and voltage low and keep changing the tank and you should be fine.

·
Banned
7,268 Posts
Just poppers and bucket poppers for me.. It kills my fucking throat though.

·
Banned
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So vaping meaning just general smoking... Not weed yes? Ive never smoked or anything but them flavours smell so good...
With vaping nothing is lit or combusted, so there is no smoke per se.
You blow out what looks to be smoke, buts its vapor. It evaporates quick and won't stink up a room or pass on second hand smoke to others.
Since there is nothing burning, it is far healthier than smoking cigs, no matter what other drawbacks it may have.

The ejuice you smoke is a semi viscous liquid made out of the same stuff they make gel capsules out of, and you can get nicotine levels anywhere from 0 to 24, and they come in a myriad of flavors.
http://www.madvapes.com/e-liquid/topvapor-e-liquid.html

People also brew their own. The higher nicotine levels are far too harsh for me, which I guess is a good thing since nicotine is the main addictive element.
Also far cheaper than smoking, yes you do have to make an initial investment for a vape, then a supply of juice and coils, but its probably on the order of $5 a week from there vs $5 a day for most smokers.

·
Crazy Cat Lady
1,934 Posts
You can get zero nicotine liquid yeah. I started on 18mg but whenever I tried to cut down to 12mg it always felt too weak and like you weren't getting a proper 'fix'.

Main problem is how easy it is though. You end up vaping even if you don't really need too. Don't even realise you have it in your hand half the time.
Tbh I cant even pull a frikken drag but I will definitely buy a nicotine free one and that does make sense... So you smoke normals now?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Been vaping for over a year, started with the typical starter kit, now have a 20 watt istick with a Kayfun tank. I even built my own battery but it is too bulky to carry around and even make my own juices. Vaping saved me from going back to cigs after having been off them for three years.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.