Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Edge is still great on the mic, and he's over. But he's slowed down so much in the ring, it's painful to watch sometimes. His Spear looks like it's being shown in slow motion. And they've stripped his character of all direction. I get that it's hard to be the Ultimate Cheater/Opportunist and a face, but where did his "Destroy All Things Stupid" gimmick go? It's came and went. Now he's just "I want title" guy. It's bland. His charisma and everyone's appreciation of his past work are the only things keeping it from being a total fail.

Would you be tempted to buy a PPV to see an Edge match? I know I wouldn't. But I'm not sure there are any better options as champion right now. Would you rather Kane keep the World Championship for a while, till Mysterio and Del Rio finish feuding, then have one of them take the it? Or have Kane keep it till Taker returns?

Or do you want to see Edge win it?

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts
Sadly kane will have to drop the belt soon, if reports of a torn pectoral are true, so there's no one but edge, mysterio, maybe del rio or at a push swagger. While he may have slowed down because of injuries, he's deserving of a tenth reign as champ before he retires IMO

·
#RiseAbove
1,471 Posts
Or do you want to see Edge win it?
<<<<<<<-------

Of course. I don't care what anybody thinks about him or his upcoming title reign, whether it starts at SS or TLC or whenever.

If I was using the logic/opinion of anyone who is opposed to this, they will certainly agree that there are collectively FAR worse things going on in the WWE than an Edge title reign.

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
I'm an Edge fan and not a unmasked Kane fan so I want him as champion. But above Edge I want Alberto Del Rio as champion.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Sadly kane will have to drop the belt soon, if reports of a torn pectoral are true, so there's no one but edge, mysterio, maybe del rio or at a push swagger. While he may have slowed down because of injuries, he's deserving of a tenth reign as champ before he retires IMO
Kane tore his pectoral? when was this? he looked fine on Smackdown

·
Premium Member
4,756 Posts
I'm a blatent Edge mark, so hell yeah I want him to have is 10th title reign.

I do agree he is slower in the ring but he's bound to be, he's 37 now and had a hell of a lot of injuries, none the less he's still about 10 times better than Kane in every aspect of wrestling.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
This kane title reign is actually really cool I like it I hope the injury is false because I want to see him beat edge once before edge takes it away from him.

Reactions: Sgt Lampshade

·
Premium Member
4,756 Posts
Swagger should have never lost the belt.
He had a terrible reign, he won the MiTB out of nowhere, he cashed in 5 days later and from that point he was booked as the weakest champion in a long, long time.

He didn't deserve to win it in the first place.

·
Canuck
4,763 Posts
For all the shit Edge has done in his career it's amazing to me how fast he is right now. Edge is always solid on the Mic and his in-ring skills are still up to par given WWE doesn't go balls out w/ matches as much anymore. I wouldn't mind Edge winning his 10th World Heavyweight Championship but I'd like to see Kane get a few more months w/ the belt. Who knows what happens though.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
Hell yes I want Edge to win the title!

A lot of that is due to the fact that I refuse to watch Smackdown while Kane is champion...I hate it that much. He's awful, so if that means Edge taking the title off him as soon as possible, I'd go for that! Also, I do actually want an Edge reign. We've never had Edge hold the title as a face and I do think he deserves a good long face title reign. He's actuall come into his own as a face this time around, it's less forced and the crowd have embraced him.

He's also still pretty damn good in the ring (he's got better and better since being rusty when he came back) so he can put on some nice main event matches with the likes of Del Rio and Swagger.

·
Ho!
18,110 Posts
The only person on Smackdown I'd rather have win it over Edge is Del Rio... but even then that's not 100%. Del Rio is pretty entertaining but I just don't know yet if I'd buy him as World Champion, or if his run would be anything good. While Edge's probably wouldn't be any better, I want Edge to get the World Title and hold onto it for a while. Just pair Edge up with people who are at least good in the ring and I think we could see some quality matches in those feuds.

In fact, I think I'd like Edge to get the World Title at Survivor Series, and hold onto it until about June, or maybe even stretch it to Summerslam and have him lose it to Del Rio there. Edge is still great on the mic and has the potential to make any feud any entertaining as long as he's not dealing with someone Khali/Otunga level. But as long as they have him have matches with guys like Kingston, Rey, Swagger, Christian, Del Rio, etc., the matches will be just as good. And if he held the title for that long and defended it a lot, it would definitely look even better when Del Rio takes it.

Or Christian could take the title off Edge as well. Christian is another guy who could make for an entertaining run.

·
Registered
208 Posts
He had a terrible reign, he won the MiTB out of nowhere, he cashed in 5 days later and from that point he was booked as the weakest champion in a long, long time.

He didn't deserve to win it in the first place.
I enjoyed the hell out of it, and him. He was a breath of fresh air in the title scene from the typical Smackdown Edge/Taker/Rey trio.

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
Edge will never be deserving of 10 titles imo. He just isn't at that level. But I'm torn. It's either Edge gets his tenth title or Kane continues his reign on boredom. I don't know what's worse.

1 - 20 of 186 Posts