Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say I'm on board with this Impact Wrestling thing. I used to laugh at the jokes people made about TNA/Impact and never really wanted to give it a chance but I was like "eh what the hell, gonna watch it." Started with the last few weeks of TV and Rebellion and must say I'm hooked. Their comedy is actually funny instead of lame and insulting like WWE or AEW. The characters have some...actual character to them and aren't wooden or wishy-washy. The wrestling is ok, not as good as NJPW or AEW's or WWE's good stuff (key words...their good stuff) but it is passable and entertaining and the matches aren't too long. I might even plop the $40 down for Slammiversary. Impact you are alright my dudes.

To anyone who has followed the promotion for a long time...what are some must see events?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
By funny segments are you referring to the arm wrestling segments between Rhino and Hernandez? because that shit was hilarious.
Yeah that was hilarious, amongst other things. I almost died in that match with The North vs those skinny jobbers. The segment where Madison Rayne is interviewing herself on Locker Room talk had me almost fall off of the couch. Anytime Swinger is on I get a good chuckle. Moose's character is pretty entertaining also. These guys are actually pretty funny and whoever writes this stuff is pretty talented and has my sense of humor.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Slammiversary 2016 with Drew Galloway vs Lashley and then 2016 other PPV, Bound For Glory with Lashley vs EC3 are 2 good shows.
Slammiversary 2016 also have Matt vs Jeff Hardy and start of "Broken" gimmick, if I remember. If you like Drew, Lashley, EC3 and Hardy then 2016 Ppvs are a good start as then it slowly Moulds into the current roster with also LAX, Eli Drake, Austin Aries, Lucha Bros, Johnny Impact (Morrison) and Brian Cage all doing great matches and feuds.

As for overall Ppvs, the current roster have been killing it since Rebellion last year if you want to catch up on fewer shows.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Last year was great. This year feels like a huge step back but I'm looking forward to slammaversary to see who the new talents are they aquired.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Last year was great. This year feels like a huge step back but I'm looking forward to slammaversary to see who the new talents are they aquired.
I heard that somewhere else too. I know they lost quite a few key players and things have been dragging somewhat but even still I'm enjoying it a lot. If last year was even better then sign me up.

Can you watch upcoming PPV's with Impact Plus? I want to check out Slammiversary but $40 is a bit much but if I can get a monthly scrip then I would rather just do that. I'm going to guess not but a couple searches don't really mention anything, they just say they have events I can watch and the TV show is on a week delay but don't specify if PPV's are included.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I heard that somewhere else too. I know they lost quite a few key players and things have been dragging somewhat but even still I'm enjoying it a lot. If last year was even better then sign me up.

Can you watch upcoming PPV's with Impact Plus? I want to check out Slammiversary but $40 is a bit much but if I can get a monthly scrip then I would rather just do that. I'm going to guess not but a couple searches don't really mention anything, they just say they have events I can watch and the TV show is on a week delay but don't specify if PPV's are included.
I'm honestly not sure on that one.

·
Registered
291 Posts

Can you watch upcoming PPV's with Impact Plus?
they lost talent but most had run its course and it was time for a change. The only ones I would have kept was LAX and I would have split them because there was nothing left for them to do as a tag team at the time.

its takes a couple month before its on Impact Plus

·
Registered
9,604 Posts
I think almost every year was a must see year until Anthem took over,Then it got shit for a while but last year got good and again the past year its been complete shit butit looks to be turning a stone again and get good moving forward.

Me perosnally i loved 2002 to 2009 for its own era then i also enjoyed 2010 to 2012 for a different erea.

You should just order impact plus and watch everything.Iven seen it all

Reactions: BigCy
1 - 10 of 10 Posts