Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Hit the kitchen up, and water whip. SKRRT
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To be the biggest? To sell over 1 million buys? I just read somewhere that matches being discussed so far are Miz Vs Orton, Cena Vs Punk, and Edge Vs Christian. This got me thinking, this wrestlemania is going to have a loaded card, because if those 3 matches do occur, there still has to be the case of Sheamus Vs Trips, and Undertaker vs whoever if he returns on time, I must say, I'm quite excited, I think next year's show will be one for the ages.

·
Registered
7,449 Posts
I don't know, the past two Wrestlemanias had good cards too, but only the Taker/HBK matches delivered. Punk vs Cena should be great though, if they go through with it. Miz and Orton actually had a good match on Smackdown. Edge vs Christian is something many of us want, let's hope it happens.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Yeah and the thing is the should do something big because it is wrestlemania 27 and if they do something big at 28 or 29 , they really gonna need to step up their game for wrestlemania 30...

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Might be some good wrestling but none of the matches seem all that big to me. They need a big money match.
Agreed. All those matches happened within the past couple of months. In the past, one thing that would be exciting about WM is that there was a match you either hadn't seen at all or hadn't seen in years.

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
As of right now Wrestlemania doesn't interest me. It's all down to booking, creative, and bringing in a big name(s) from now to the PPV date to win me over.

·
Banned
177 Posts
Miz Vs Orton, Cena Vs Punk
deos matches wont sell

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
Cena/Taker is the only conceivable match that could sell at WrestleMania this year.

The above stated card could be considered "loaded" at any other PPV, but for WrestleMania it's pretty lackluster. I like Miz just fine, but you can't book WrestleMania around him, at least not at this point in time. All things considered WWE is looking at a good yet unspectacular card for its biggest show of the year.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Cena Vs taker or austin or the rock would be the only reason that id buy it tbh, cena and punk wouldnt intrest me, however if they did get a 'golden oldie'to return id consdier buying it. However with the creative writing team continually ruining amazing story line opportunities id probably end up dissapointed.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Get HBK to come back and have HBK vs. HHH

give The Rock like $10 million and have him wrestle Cena (lol, I know thats a lot of money, but thats the only way I see The Rock coming back)

Undertaker vs. Wade Barret

Those three matches might draw some viewers, I think.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Barret vs taker will happen. Thats why nexus attacked taker in the buried alive match. I think without a big name like rock or a celebrity coming in they should do hhh/cena 2

·
Banned
286 Posts
John Cena vs. The Undertaker
with Edge vs. Christian and Orton/Morrison/Miz as the title matches would do just fine.
Then have DanielBryan/Punk and Jericho/Ziggler as the mid card title matches.
and with those 5 alone... u literallly could have 2-3 diva and khali matches... and the show would still be good

·
Michael Cole is NXT
1,050 Posts
until a couple months back I was CONVINCED it would be Orton vs Cena, with them both being face now this could be HUGE, they have had face offs since Orton turned face and little scuffles, sort of foreshadowing.

That is the only match not including Taker or a returning superstar that would SELL big, seems they have plans for Punk/Cena though.

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
Orton vs Cena would remind me of WM 6 with Hogan/Warrior with the only thing common being the popularity of the two "face" stars. Obviously neither of the men are on Hulk's level, but just trying to keep it simple. I actually like that idea that someone else already suggested.

The other match would be HHH turning heel, and looking to end Taker's streak for retiring HBK.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,822 Posts
Eh, I'm not opposed to a card that is representative of what WWE is attempting to achieve with its "Youth Movement" this year. Wrestlemania XXVI was a stacked card--Streak vs. Career, the two biggest post-Attitude Era stars versus one another as the blowoff to an era, the IWC wet dream of Edge/Jericho, Bret Hart vs. Vince McMahon in the real life-inspired feud-capper 12 years in the making--but between not being advertised as "The 25th Anniversary" like the previous year's was (erroneously) and the UFC show the previous night, the buyrate was disappointing and somewhere around 100,000 less than Wrestlemania XXV.

CM Punk vs. John Cena, Randy Orton vs. The Miz, Christian vs. Edge, Sheamus vs. Triple H, Wade Barrett vs. The Undertaker, perhaps Alberto Del Rio vs. Rey Mysterio in the blowoff to that... Barring Christian/Edge, which has its own backstory, of course, they're all Established Star vs. Youth Movement Figure. Throw in something involving Kofi Kingston since they seem to be in the midst of prepping him for a main event push, Morrison winning the MITB should they have it, Jericho/Bryan US Title match and Swagger/Ziggler IC Title match, sure, it's not Mega-Powers Exploding throughout the whole card, but you'll have a good workrate-level wrestling show that illustrates where the company is and where it is going in the near future. Sneaking some big name into the show--Lesnar, Rock, Jay-Z, LaBron, Bieber, Bob Barker (being half-serious, half don't-give-a-crap)--wouldn't hurt anything, I imagine.

This year, they have to do the hard work, and next year they can more or less just bank on Undertaker vs. Cena, for 20-0/19-1. Wouldn't be surprised if they end up being overly neglectful of the undercard to that one as a result, though (maybe).

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,822 Posts
Hey, I just realized. WWE needs to get Michael Vick for Wrestlemania. He can heel it up big-time for Atlanta. :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts