• Undecided For Now

Votes: 18 18.8%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 247 Posts

·
Heroes For Hire
15,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I wasn't sure if I was going to make this thread really, but fuck it. No longer care. I actually kind of get why some people working with WF are frustrated because some of those people are my friends and we talk about this a lot. It's not every so often, but very routine. First let me just say that I don't blame any one person that's not how it works, this is solely on the top of the top at Vertical Scope. We know you don't give a shit about wrestling and view the forum as a joke, which is fine. But you have a fucking job to do, whether you like working the job or not is one thing but don't just not fucking do your job and undermine the community you're supposed to be taking care of much less the people you hired to work for said community.

VS have done everything in their power to show just how little of a fuck they give about this site which is very confusing because it's undeniably the most active site under their massive umbrella of forums. You've consistently lied about little things, when you have the opportunity to be forward and upfront about shit you scoff at the opportunity. And you simply just don't give a shit. No wonder staff have to cause a bit of fuckery for this place to be even remotely enjoyable.

1. Failed to and consistently lied about basic bug fixes and updates for years.

2. Wasted time and energy of people with genuine complaints including your staff who informed you of complaints directly from members.

3, Made news about an update and begged people for feedback only to not only delay the update due to poor perception, but also completely ignore them once the update went live.

4. Lied about the chatbox coming by telling staff you were coding your own and deciding to just not do it.

5. Premium is dead so when members wanted refund you not only lied about refunds coming but you gave members a 30 day purchase window (and a transaction from purchase) which is essentially fucking impossible at this stage as a pathetic cop out. It's $10, but I don't give a single fuck if it was fifty cents, I want what I paid for. What happened? Were more people able to come up with a transaction ID than expected VS? Did it overwhelm you?

6. The so called "update" clearly isn't designed to handle the amount of daily traffic WF gets to the point where it crashes more than it did during the early days of the previous software upgrade which eventually stabilized after a small series of updates.

7. Several features have been eliminated from the previous software with the excuse of "returning in TBD" but given how you treated the chatbox I sincerely doubt anything gone is coming back. Oh and it was eliminated in favor of more ad spaces, neat.

Why should we give a shit about WF when the people who own it clearly don't give a shit about us? This has been a thing for the ten years I've been a member and it really only recently took a turn for the worst. I'm done.

·
From parts unknown
22,759 Posts
I'll probably forget this exists eventually tbh. I'll keep coming back till I don't. At the moment it's a habit but habits can be broken.

I came here to interact with a few people I like tbh and a lot of them are on discord now anyways so the compulsion to check WF has slowly died out anyways.

·
No Mercy
1,471 Posts
I'm out, and this is probably my last post. I'll make this very short as I could go on for ages, but I wanna thank everyone, even all those I've maybe had many disagreements with throughout my time here, and even those bald cowards I've feuded with, and heck - even those damn Bret marks. In times in my own personal life when I was friendless/suicidal, this forum was my support network - and helped me out huge. I'll never be able to repay some people for stickin' by me. Things are still tough of course, but I'm stronger than I was, and gettin' through each day. I'd never have got there without the support of many people of this forum.

It's a shame it's come to this. I don't know why VS took away many of the things still keeping members here, but it is what it is. I can only hope they realised they fecked up, revert things back - or actually plan out how to bring certain things back, and make this forum a lot better. I don't see that happening however. This forum has also given me many good moments, from burying RLStern and Bret marks, to makin' friends online that I talk to everyday (and even have on my own personal social medias, and hope to meet one day sooner than later), and maybe realising I'm not that strange after all, hey - it's been a cool ride. RIP WF.

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts
I am undecided. There’s a lot of things on here now that I’m not fond of but I also don’t want to just abandon the place I’ve spent the last 5 years posting on!!

·
Baby It's Violence
7,111 Posts
I might be one of the only ones who stays tbf. I'll probably always pop in and out to post in some threads, keep on top of the MOTYC thread (which I have to post in with a huge backload of matches), and what have you.

Granted, I won't be anywhere near as active as I used to be, since most of the users I really liked are on discord or disappeared.

I'll get used to the update I suppose, but that doesn't excuse the utter asshattery that is VericalScope when it comes to how all this was dealt with, and why it even had to be changed in the first place.

·
Premium Member
16,610 Posts
I don't really care. I browsed without sigs and avatars and never used the chatbox because you're all nerds. Besides the features taken away from paying life time members, there's little difference. It's also $10 for a lifetime membership. If that makes or breaks your budget then you shouldn't be wasting time on a wrestling forum to begin with.

Go ahead and fight for your money. But, the other complaints are pointless.

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
I'll definitely be checking less frequently. The update has been on the whole a pretty bad decision and, on a personal level, is fucking hideous. Oh well, there are other forums I suppose.

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
3,551 Posts
Probably about how I have been since the change: still checking in, but not nearly as frequently as before. Eventually, probably, I’ll just give it up.

·
tombstone blues
14,293 Posts
In and out and in and out

·
Greek God of Knowledge
7,043 Posts
Alright, this is probably as good a time to say my piece on this, because I've been pretty quiet on the matter.

@Administrator; and @OG Jeff;, please read this post, and read every post here as well.

You two REALLY suck at this. I've never been so amazed at how badly you two, as well as anyone else behind the scenes we don't know about, managed to cuck something up so badly. And let the record state that I'm not even talking about the way the site is designed. I personally don't care. I have more important things going on in my life to the point where you guys changing the site like this doesn't really bother me all that much. The thing I'm talking about is how much you straight up disregarded the constant feedback, warnings, and pleadings of the hundreds of users you have on this forum who did not want this.

You claim this is for everyone's personal safety, to keep their information safe and secure. Last I checked, being able to have personal smilies did not make it more likely that someone could hack my account. I'm no expert in computer science, but I'm pretty sure a chat box isn't going to make it easier for someone to find out my credit card information. Keeping our personal information safe and secure is the biggest load of shit I've ever heard, and literally everyone here knows that isn't why you did it. And if you stopped pretending that you did it to help us, people here would most likely be more accepting of this, because at least they know you aren't bull shitting them.

But it goes beyond that as well. Admin, Gerrit, what ever your fucking name is, understand that in order to properly orient people into something, you need to make sure they know clear as day what is coming. You guys were so bad at this that not even your own staff, YOUR OWN ADMINS, knew what was going on. They STILL don't know what is going on. Headliner is still asking questions about potential changes. You guys decided you were going to do this, cancelled it, then announced you were doing it ONE DAY BEFORE THE DATE, didn't ask anyone what they wanted kept so you could at least make the attempt to input it, and now gave us this.

You want to know what this basically is? Do you watch South Park? No? Yes? Whatever, I'm gonna explain it like you don't. There's this episode where the school guidance counselor tries to input a new way of communicating and scheduling meetings with the counselor, principle, etc. It's through a device called the intellalink (...I think that's how it's spelled?) The problem with this are quickly made apparent. The device doesn't work, half of the time it doesn't do what they want it to do, and it makes doing something extremely simple take a long time because the device ends up doing something else like shut off the school lights and make the fire alarm go off. The school counselor gets mad that it doesn't work and tries upgrading to make the technology work better. This just causes more problems. And now the school is losing money. Eventually, the tech people who made it tried offering him the most expensive package possible, and the counselor soon realizes this was all a bad idea. He has the technology destroyed and goes back to the old ways they had before.

What was the message of this episode? Well, see, the other plot point of this episode was that one of the main characters little brother was going through puberty (at a very young age for hilarious effect due to taking the wrong medication). The message here on that end was that change is a part of life, people change and sometimes it's for the better. It's all apart of growing up. And growing up can also apply to how we do things on a daily basis. Evolving with the times and adapting in situations where it's needed. But the other message, and this applied to what I just explained to you, is that there are two kinds of change. Necessary change, and unnecessary change. There is change that is happening due to an internal cause, and thus we have to adapt to it. That is necessary change. But in unnecessary change, it's happening due to an external cause and people are being forced to adapt to something that isn't necessary.

That is what you guys are right now. Maybe the website is fine and maybe you guys did a pretty good job changing up the site. I know doing this is a lot of work and it sure as hell ain't easy. But in the process you took away the core features of the site that many members here loved and they are rightfully pissed about it. You made things more complicated to people who want to enjoy their times on this website, and now they are legitimately thinking about quitting. That should never be the case. You should never have to force people to get over something they liked and get used to something different they don't want. That's how you lose customers, or in this case, members.

And that, right now, is why everyone, myself included, is under the impression you don't give a shit about anyone here. You never once demonstrated it, and you still have yet to do so. Answering everyone's questions because you're getting paid to doesn't cut it. Maybe, oh I don't know, asking everyone "hey, we need to update the site, we don't have a choice on the matter and I am sorry, but please, let me know what you guys want to keep and we will do our best to implement it". Spend some time on getting those things implemented. Keep the site down for a few days. A fucking week if you have to. We don't care, we all have lives here, we can wait. Actually THINKING about your members first is a great start to this. THAT, FYI, is how you orient people.

That's all I have to say. You probably won't read this. If you do, goody to you. Get your shit together, and legitimately act like you care about everyone here. Greek god of knowledge out.

·
Ilya Smirnov ate my puppy.
4,896 Posts
Not that anybody will give two shits, but I’m in. I’ve been through these before, many times in fact. I’ve seen all the bitching about the changes (though not nearly as rudely as many people here), seen the alternate sites pop up, seen the alternate sites fold, even seen a slight drop in membership that eventually bounces back when new members join who don’t know the old format.

I also don’t care about the chat box.

I’m a premium member, and it’s still very much worth it to me to not have to wade through mountains of ads.

The only thing I kinda miss is the assload of smilies that was eons beyond any other forum I’ve been on, but that’s not a deal-breaker for me, either.

And I’ve been to that other site, and I’m just not all that impressed. This place has a far more active AEW section, which is all I really care about. I might even say it’s gotten better with so many toolbags having migrated away, but that might also just be a product of the much more functional Ignore list. :p

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
The forums were hard to read because they were blinding but i'm fond of Dark Mode, I'll stick around because it's the content and conversations that kept me here, not the appearance of the site, and I've never been a premium member so I won't miss features I personally never had to begin with.

·
ROWDY RODDY PIPER
10,808 Posts
I'm in.

A lot of the things people are complaining about (not a dig, everyone has their own preferences) I personally don't care about. I don't give two shits about the chatbox, the WF discord is far better than the chatbox ever was.

The layout is disgusting and even dark mode hurts my eyes, but, I will ride it out and see what they do in the next while. Hoping for different skins because light and dark are barf.

·
Banned
22 Posts
I'm in.

A lot of the things people are complaining about (not a dig, everyone has their own preferences) I personally don't care about. I don't give two shits about the chatbox, the WF discord is far better than the chatbox ever was.

The layout is disgusting and even dark mode hurts my eyes, but, I will ride it out and see what they do in the next while. Hoping for different skins because light and dark are barf.
I read the discord had problems. How does it work better then the forum here or the chat box on smarks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 247 Posts