Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been suggested before, but as a member of many other forums, most of them have a 'you have been quoted by' box somewhere on the page and it makes the experience on the forum so much better because people won't have to browse the the same threads where they left a comment just to see if someone has replied to them or not. I understand if WF can't do this because of technical issues or whatever but I really think a lot of users will appreciate this feature.

thanks

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Right, go to the SEARCH box. Click ADVANCED SEARCH. In the box where you type on the left, write your username.

Now at the bottom it says, show as threads, show as posts, highlight the POSTS option. Click search.

This will bring up every post where somebody quoted you.

Voila...

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input.

IMO it would be kinda tedious doing that all the time, I mean it would probably be easier to just have the little box at the bottom of the page that updates by it self letting you know if you've been quoted.

Most other forums have this feature, just thought I would suggest it as in my opinion it would make the site better and thats what this section is for right? Sorry if its a crap suggestion, just thought it would benefit us all...

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
No, it's a great suggestion, just one that has been done a few times before and nothing came of it.

There is a reason why this can't be implemented, i think it's mostly to do with outside parties controlling the forum.

Looking for a thread....http://www.wrestlingforum.com/suggestions-help/571603-really-hard-make-someone-replied-your-comment-system.html?highlight=quote+feature

Manually. It doesn't take too long either, i do it when i log on or before i log out.

TBH i think alot of people don't even realize they can do this, i only realized lately.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the link and the alternative method pal :) . After browsing that old thread I guess there is no way the people who run this site will implement it which is a shame.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
That was 8 months ago now, would be interested to see what the answer is now, i would imagine the same as they would have implemented it already, like i said i think it's more to do with the guys who own the forums rather than who runs it.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used your method by the way and found loads of people who quoted me who I wouldn't have otherwise known about! This kind of feature is great for debates and just overall increasing discussion on the forum so I can't see why they wouldn't want to implement it, and I've seen it run very successfully on other forums without glitches so I can't see why not, It's probably because of that other party like you said who are content with how the forum is how it is.

Oh well, the alternative method aint half bad I guess

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Yeah, it's really helpful, you making this thread means others will have learn about this too.

Well at least one repped me, so it's not like it was a waste of time :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts