Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These chants mean the fans see you as a person and not as a kafaybe character which means you are a total failure.

Honestly think about it. Ambrose is playing a well defined gimmick and yet people are telling him "you deserve it". At least with Bryan his gimmick was literally being an internet darling who "works hard and tries his best against the odds!".

Ambrose is a failure for this reason. Did the undertaker win the title and he comes out and fans chant "you deserve it!" at him? NOOOOO. Because he played a fucking character like a bad ass and actually was talented enough to make people suspend their disbelief and get behind the character.

That is what all tv and entertainment is about. Brad Pitt or Tom cruise have a job to make people get invested in the character they are playing in films. NOT TO GET THEMSELVES OVER. But to get their character over.

Stone cold was over a character. He wasnt cheered because people thought he was a good mic worker or a good worker. They cheered him because he got people invested in his character.

What has ambrose done? Fuck all in that respect. Nobody is invested in the lunatic fringe character because he plays it terribly. I actually like ambrose (although I liked him more when he was jacked up in the shield). But a lot of current wrestlers need to learn about how to get over because none of them get their characters over nowadays.

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts
What the hell are you talking about?

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What the hell are you talking about?
If you are playing a well defined gimmick and the fans dont respect the gimmick and react to you as a person then you arent portraying that gimmick correctly and its bad. Sting is another example. He was over because of how he played his gimmick. Same with kevin nash and the NWO. Ambrose's gimmick has failed and that is proven by these "you deserve it" chants.

Like I said, if he gets jacked up again I will be a fan of his still, and he looks a bit more jacked recently. Maybe because seth came back

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
"You deserve it" chants mean that the crowd is and always has been solidly behind your character and ring work even when the WWE has been treating you as an afterthought for the last two years.

Reactions: Lorromire

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"You deserve it" chants mean that the crowd is and always has been solidly behind your character and ring work even when the WWE has been treating you as an afterthought for the last two years.
No its not. Not when you are playing a character like he is.

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts
If you are playing a well defined gimmick and the fans dont respect the gimmick and react to you as a person then you arent portraying that gimmick correctly and its bad. Sting is another example. He was over because of how he played his gimmick. Same with kevin nash and the NWO. Ambrose's gimmick has failed and that is proven by these "you deserve it" chants.

Like I said, if he gets jacked up again I will be a fan of his still, and he looks a bit more jacked recently. Maybe because seth came back
LOL k then.

I swear people will find literally ANYTHING to complain about on this forum...

·
Banned
6,190 Posts
This will be an unpopular opinion OP, and make no mistake about it, you're going to get buried by a bunch of marks who likely haven't been within 10 feet of an actual wrestling ring, but as a student of the business myself...

The character isn't over and most people don't get invested in his feuds. They like the performer and that's an entirely different thing. In the context of the wrestling business, Ambrose has ultimately failed to get his character over (which to be fair, we can't put too much blame on him for as he's not getting much to work with) and therefore won't be able to get anyone he works with over. Jonathan Good is over. Dean Ambrose isn't.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL k then.

I swear people will find literally ANYTHING to complain about on this forum...
Nope but it shows that dean ambrose (the character) isnt over at all really. He can get over. I really liked him in the shield and have said I will happily be a fan of his again when he gets a bit more jacked up. So I think its ok he is champion, but the "you deserve it" chants are stupid imo

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This will be an unpopular opinion OP, and make no mistake about it, you're going to get buried by a bunch of marks who likely haven't been within 10 feet of an actual wrestling ring, but as a student of the business myself...

The character isn't over and most people don't get invested in his feuds. They like the performer and that's an entirely different thing. In the context of the wrestling business, Ambrose has ultimately failed to get his character over (which to be fair, we can't put too much blame on him for as he's not getting much to work with) and therefore won't be able to get anyone he works with over. Jonathan Good is over. Dean Ambrose isn't.
Thanks you explained it much better than me

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
No its not. Not when you are playing a character like he is.
The WWE has spent so long making sure people know it's all a work that the fans are more interested in the performer than the character. Hence people like Ambrose and Daniel Bryan (and actually, Kevin Owens and Cesaro for that matter) are over as hell with the audience because people love their work regardless of how they are being booked.

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts
Nope but it shows that dean ambrose (the character) isnt over at all really. He can get over. I really liked him in the shield and have said I will happily be a fan of his again when he gets a bit more jacked up. So I think its ok he is champion, but the "you deserve it" chants are stupid imo
Um, you base who you like on how "jacked" they are? That's weird. If you do, then why do you have Kevin Owens in your favourites list, he's nowhere near jacked :lol

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Um, you base who you like on how "jacked" they are? That's weird. If you do, then why do you have Kevin Owens in your favourites list, he's nowhere near jacked :lol
Not totally but it is obviously important how a wrestler carries themselves. That cool factor is huge unless you are really into fake fighting.

Are you suggesting that he wouldnt be better if he got more jacked up? Remember how good he was in the shield? And he wasn't a PG goof then with stupid facial expressions.

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts
Are you suggesting that he wouldnt be better if he got more jacked up? Remember how good he was in the shield? And he wasn't a PG goof then with stupid facial expressions.
When did I ever suggest that? :lol I don't pick my favourites based on what they look like, lol. Yeah I like Dean looking a little bit more muscly, but him being a bit skinnier is not gonna make me like him any less.

I just think it's a weird reason not to like somebody tbh.

·
Banned
863 Posts

·
The rare Primo and Epico fan
307 Posts
Or maybe people thought he deserved the title? :shrug

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.