Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this a new thing now? I don't remember there being a limit before.

·
Administrator
501 Posts
We have identified an issue that our devs are working regarding edit times for new posts. Once that issue is resolved, we'll be able to give you more details on exactly how the edit limits work. There's still some work being done (this is version one), so more updates and specifics will be shared once we have them.

Hoping for a fix on this update with the release tomorrow 1/7/2020.

Jeff M

·
Ilya Smirnov ate my puppy.
4,880 Posts
I guess I’m having a hard time understanding how such a fantastic new forum platform requires so much new custom development to provide functionality that’s been pretty basic on other platforms for decades.

·
Registered
420 Posts
The root of all this is that it should have been looked at deeper BEFORE the update. Plenty of other forums using XenForo have everything that we had on the old format. The sheer arrogance and lack of wanting to even listen to the users shines through here. Taking x amount of updates to get back to where it was is just poor business. Christ, the admin don't even have their CP access and it's been ages.

·
Administrator
501 Posts
I guess I’m having a hard time understanding how such a fantastic new forum platform requires so much new custom development to provide functionality that’s been pretty basic on other platforms for decades.
The majority of the features and options have to be custom-built out as we are not using third party plugins to increase security. Nothing is just a quick setting change.

The root of all this is that it should have been looked at deeper BEFORE the update. Plenty of other forums using XenForo have everything that we had on the old format. The sheer arrogance and lack of wanting to even listen to the users shines through here. Taking x amount of updates to get back to where it was is just poor business. Christ, the admin don't even have their CP access and it's been ages.
The Admin CP should be released for the Site Staff as of last week.

Jeff M

·
Blessed Child of God
2,908 Posts
Was this issue ever resolved? The reason I'm asking is that I still get this message when I'm trying to edit the Index thread in the Fan Forum section.

You may not edit more than 10 different post(s) within 7 days

I haven't edited ANY threads because the system won't allow me to. (It did allow me to edit this thread because I literally JUST made it.)

·
Registered
420 Posts
Was this issue ever resolved? The reason I'm asking is that I still get this message when I'm trying to edit the Index thread in the Fan Forum section.

You may not edit more than 10 different post(s) within 7 days

I haven't edited ANY threads because the system won't allow me to. (It did allow me to edit this thread because I literally JUST made it.)
Nope and it won't ever be fixed. They choose to sacrifice thousands of users for their precious GDPR complaince nonsense.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts