Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
SGT. AT ARMS
16,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Loved Theory's first win, its so cool he's finally in WWE, i was wanting them to sign him over a year ago, so its cool to finally see him here. And you can tell they already have big plans for him, he was recently signed just a few months ago and is already on tv taking on a top name and getting squash matches, its clear he's gonna hold a title within the year and get the rocket push. I've said it for a long time he's got everything you want in a pro wrestler, he's good looking, he's got a great physique, he's phenomenal in the ring, he's got charisma, and he can cut a great promo, he's literally the total package imo and he's only gonna get better.

And one important thing he's got, at least i think, he has a finisher no one else has ever used, Ataxia, which looks great. Now i may be wrong and someone on a PWG show or something hit it before him cause i aint very educated on PWG, but as far as i know he's the only one i've ever seen do that move which is great for a future star to have his own unique move you don't see anyone else doing.

But it makes me wonder why he didn't use Ataxia on Wylde, if he could do it on anyone and have it look great it would have been on someone like Wylde, i don't mind the TKO, but i'd only have him use the TKO to finish bigger wrestlers that may not be able to take Ataxia so good. But yeah i feel like for his first win he should have pulled off Ataxia, its such a cool unique move no one else has ever done and i feel like it would have impressed new viewers of him.

I do see him for sure winning the NXT title at some point, maybe not this year but he will win it and be the top guy on the brand at some point if not very soon.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Theory is a guy that when you look at him you easily see he has a LOT of potential, but my fear is if the WWE is going to allow him to tap into enough of that potential. Not just enough to "get by". I mean, you can really turn this guy into a bigger star than 80% of the roster, but I fear that he's going to be a guy that despite his talent, is going to get lost in the crowd. But then again, that could be just me calling it too early, admittedly.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Theory is a guy that when you look at him you easily see he has a LOT of potential, but my fear is if the WWE is going to allow him to tap into enough of that potential. Not just enough to "get by". I mean, you can really turn this guy into a bigger star than 80% of the roster, but I fear that he's going to be a guy that despite his talent, is going to get lost in the crowd. But then again, that could be just me calling it too early, admittedly.
If he was on Raw or Smackdown I'd be worried, but on NXT he should be alright.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
16,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wasnt impressed
I don't imagine you was very impressed from a few minute squash match where he didn't get to cut a promo or do a whole lot, i suggest going back and looking up his stuff from evolve and this documentary on him that was made a while back. Look up stuff where he cuts promos and some of his highlights, i don't see how you wasn't impressed with his match against Roddy though, that match was great.

·
F*** This indy flippy shit
1,945 Posts
Looks like he’s got some potential, looks like a young John Cena. He’s only 22 so he will probably put on some more muscle.

I looked up his finish on YouTube, I don’t like it. Way too much set up and production.

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,295 Posts
I never saw him prior to the Evolve anniversary show but I instantly liked him, I don't know how scripted Evolve's promos are but seeing JD Drake all emotional about how much he loves Evolve and how this is the end of the line for him, in contrast with Theory talking about being on the WWE Network, going on to NXT, being NXT champ, going to the main roster and main eventing WrestleMania, lol he wasn't even signed yet but he basically took a hot steamy piss all over Evolve, it made him so hateable, it made me want to root for Drake.

If Dusty was still around I'd say that this guy is a guaranteed future star but I'm worried that in current NXT he's just going to fall into the generic pretty boy gimmick. At least he'll never be able to use the "WWE passed on me because I didn't have the look so I spent 15 years traveling the world to become the very best wrestler on the planet." It'll be nice having at least one person in NXT without that as their backstory.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts