Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
I wonder what Aeris felt...When she was up on that
31,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buy a Shirt, Save Gears of War 3’s Carmine
Posted by Adam Larck on 07.21.2010

Gears of War fans have to know the Carmine family by now, which finds a way to kill itself in each game.

Now, though, Epic is giving fans of the game the choice of Carmine's fate in Gears of War 3. Starting July 29, players can purchase an Avatar shirt on Xbox Live Marketplace saying either "Carmine Must Die" or "Save Carmine." Depending on which shirt is bought the most will determine what happens to Carmine.

Meanwhile, people at Comic-Con this week can purchase real versions of the shirts for $20 at the NECA booth.

http://www.411mania.com/games/news/146332/Buy-a-Shirt,-Save-Gears-of-War-3s-Carmine.htm
I wonder if there is a shirt that says "Who gives of a fuck about Gears of War?"

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
Carmine 3 needs to die anyway, that way at the end of the game the fabled fourth Carmine can be asked if he's ever considered joining the military and have an awesome witty reply.

Fuck Carmine, save DIZZY instead!

·
The One Free Man
7,331 Posts
Haven't they forgotten about Dizzy? Seriously, for most of the game they never mention him again. Or he'll just randomly pop up in the next one and they never give an explanation of what happened to him…

As for Clayton, I hope he lives. The Carmines seem to be living longer in each game. So maybe in this one he gets to the end and they kill him off. But he does look like a badass like the rest of Delta squad. They might kill off one of the main four…?

And yes, Seph, I do care about Gears. I LOVE the series!

·
I wonder what Aeris felt...When she was up on that
31,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I only mentioned it because I feel alienated that there is not a t-shirt that doesn't pander towards me. Guys, I'm butthurt at the moment. Lay off.

·
EIRE
15,862 Posts
I wonder if there is a shirt that says "Who gives of a fuck about Gears of War?"

This.

Honestly, those games are terrible in my opinion. The "Hide and seek" game play go really old to me really fast. And how many stupid people are actually going to pay $20 for something you cannot even touch? Obviously the people buying the real shirts can, but stupid shit like this ticks me off. Hold a poll online or something like that to determine it. I think it's smart on their part because a bunch of retards are no doubt going to go ape shit over this so they will probably make some decent money on it.

·
The One Free Man
7,331 Posts
The good thing about those avatar T-Shirts is all the proceeds will be going to the Child’s Play Charity. Still, I do think it's a waste of money, even though I have(shamefully) bought a few Tees from the store... I'd rather just get a normal T-Shirt.

·
The One Free Man
7,331 Posts
I like Carmine, sure his a little winy, but he‘s only trying to do his best. He's the character I play as in MP. Used to be Cole Train, but I changed. The only person I dislike from the game is Prescott. Every time I hear his voice I want to Chainsaw him in half.

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
As for Clayton, I hope he lives. The Carmines seem to be living longer in each game. So maybe in this one he gets to the end and they kill him off.
Maybe he'll sacrifice himself to keep the main four alive right towards the end?

Carmine one had his head asploded, Carmine two was devoured by parasites, Carmine three... it has to be something pretty awesome to kill him off.

·
The One Free Man
7,331 Posts
Maybe he'll sacrifice himself to keep the main four alive right towards the end?

Carmine one had his head asploded, Carmine two was devoured by parasites, Carmine three... it has to be something pretty awesome to kill him off.
Yeah, I was thinking this. As much as I would like a Carmine to survive. It's pretty much Gears law that he has to die. But it would be great if he dies in an EPIC way, like you said, maybe sacrificing himself so the 4 main characters can live.

With how badass he looks he's gotta go out taken a few Locust with him. He’ll also last longer than his brothers… I think.

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
Yeah, I was thinking this. As much as I would like a Carmine to survive. It's pretty much Gears law that he has to die. But it would be great if he dies in an EPIC way, like you said, maybe sacrificing himself so the 4 main characters can live.

With how badass he looks he's gotta go out taken a few Locust with him. He’ll also last longer than his brothers… I think.
Well, sacrificing himself to save the others was pretty much the way Ben died, if he'd just got in the chopper and buckled up he wouldn't have fallen out and he'd probably lived to die another level.

I agree however. Clay can't just die randomly in this game like Anthony did, and i wouldn't be satisfied with a Ben-style death either, where he makes a mistake trying to be a hero when he doesnt have to, and it costs him.

If he does indeed sacrifice himself, it'd have to be taking on a Brumak single handed, or something epic like that :p

·
The One Free Man
7,331 Posts
Well, sacrificing himself to save the others was pretty much the way Ben died, if he'd just got in the chopper and buckled up he wouldn't have fallen out and he'd probably lived to die another level.

I agree however. Clay can't just die randomly in this game like Anthony did, and i wouldn't be satisfied with a Ben-style death either, where he makes a mistake trying to be a hero when he doesnt have to, and it costs him.
Ben's wasn't really your typical sacrifice though. He was basically just shooting at the Locust like the others were and he didn't realise they were in the Chopper. Then as it lifts he starts to get on, get's shot, and then falls out. I want Clay to actually save Marcus and the rest from danger.

If he does indeed sacrifice himself, it'd have to be taking on a Brumak single handed, or something epic like that :p
Yeah, that's what I was going for as well. Just something totally EPIC.

Or they could do a total swerve on us and he dies as soon as we meet him. :p

·
3,539 Posts
I know it's kind of Gears law for the Carmine to die. But I just for some reason want Clay to survive. They put thought into his design. Especially the tattoo regarding Benjamin and Anthony.

What I'd like to see, is a completely epic twist. Kind of like how Tai committed suicide in 2. Except this one should be a little more unexpected. Not quite one of the core-four dying, but someone important pegging. Let's see if anyone picks up on the idea I'm thinking of.

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
I know it's kind of Gears law for the Carmine to die. But I just for some reason want Clay to survive. They put thought into his design. Especially the tattoo regarding Benjamin and Anthony.

What I'd like to see, is a completely epic twist. Kind of like how Tai committed suicide in 2. Except this one should be a little more unexpected. Not quite one of the core-four dying, but someone important pegging. Let's see if anyone picks up on the idea I'm thinking of.
Anya, maybe?

·
The One Free Man
7,331 Posts
I hate you guys right now...
...and we love you too, Seph. :p

The thing I find funny about Anya is she has changed looks in all 3 Gears games. In each on she looks different. Still, like Pyro has said, I don't really want her to die. One of the things that keeps popping into my mind is they will kill off one of the 4 main Delta Squad members. It's always a worry for me.

·
Asuka
96,211 Posts
...and we love you too, Seph. :p

The thing I find funny about Anya is she has changed looks in all 3 Gears games. In each on she looks different. Still, like Pyro has said, I don't really want her to die. One of the things that keeps popping into my mind is they will kill off one of the 4 main Delta Squad members. It's always a worry for me.
Has she really been on screen in 1? For some reason I completely missed this or don't remember it, lol. I only remember her on the chopper at the end of 2. :$

1 - 20 of 39 Posts