Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,895 Posts
He had a storyline with Christian in WWECW where he was both Christian's quasi-pupil and aspiring challenger about a year and a half ago. And an angle with Goldust where they taught each other their languages.

Yeah, not much, really.

· Registered
4,017 Posts
Anyone see what he did on Superstars? He cost DiBiase against Bryan by running down and giving Maryse a bouquet of flowers- clearly smitten with her. Is this the first actual storyline he's ever been in? (not that it's a big one)
he had a storyline with goldust back in ECW and even a feud with christian over the ECW title

this is like his first storyline since ECW ended

· #RiseAbove
1,474 Posts
I know it was a dark match and no one really cares but there's has to be a reason, maybe even speculation...

Why did he win the Battle Royal at Mania 26?

· Registered
349 Posts
I hope so but I'm not counting on it. Maybe a Tatsu vs Dibiase for No 1 contender for US belt and for Maryse.
I'd love to see that.

19,895 Posts
LOL

I always wondered what I missed on ECW...
Hahaha...

I know it was a dark match and no one really cares but there's has to be a reason, maybe even speculation...

Well, I guess... oh, I don't know. Truthfully, he was about as good a pick as any considering the field. Although the stadium firmly wanted/believed that Santino would win.

· #RiseAbove
1,474 Posts
Well, I guess... oh, I don't know. Truthfully, he was about as good a pick as any considering the field. Although the stadium firmly wanted/believed that Santino would win.
Yeah, I saw it. Initially, I was wrapped in my Straight Edge Society mode then, so I wanted Gallows to win for the hell of it :) but Santino is always the fan favorite for miscellaneous whatever. Gotta love him. In every variation. Santino, Santina or whatever the hell Jericho decided to call him...

19,895 Posts
Yeah, I saw it. Initially, I was wrapped in my Straight Edge Society mode then, so I wanted Gallows to win for the hell of it :) but Santino is always the fan favorite for miscellaneous whatever. Gotta love him. In every variation. Santino, Santina or whatever the hell Jericho decided to call him...

Ha, that's funny. You're right, Santino stood out in that crowded field in the ring. Since we're on the subject of asinine WWE decisions with regards to undercarders, why the fuck did they just outright release Luke Gallows? I still don't get it.

The little storyline with Christian was actually enjoyable. Christian and Tatsu had a decent match as well if I remember correctly.
I actually agree. That and the parallel storyline of Zack Ryder pursuing the WWECW Championship was a pretty darned good time for that brand, honestly. You were guaranteed at least one, sometimes two good TV matches every week with Christian giving a host of younger guys a rub.

· #RiseAbove
1,474 Posts
Ha, that's funny. You're right, Santino stood out in that crowded field in the ring. Since we're on the subject of asinine WWE decisions with regards to undercarders, why the fuck did they just outright release Luke Gallows? I still don't get it.
I don't dabble around too much in 'backstage politics' as I really will never know what actually does down, but I do listen to speculation or whatever have you. With that said, I still have no idea what happened with Gallows. If I remember correctly, it does look like WWE was cleaning house fast and there was about 5-7 releases within that short time frame Luke got the shaft.

19,895 Posts
Yeah, that is what happened, in essence. Oh well.

The guy has a good head on his shoulders, he's 25. Odds are he could very well be back.

· #RiseAbove
1,474 Posts
25? What the hell? Yea, I like him back. Maybe not sooner than later, but I'd definitely welcome him back. I was starting to warm up to him performance wise, but that's neither here nor there.

Now to return the ever-lost subject at hand, Yoshi Tatsu is the virtual unknown in my mind. If he won the title from EDGE, I still wouldn't notice him.

· Registered
5,130 Posts

Antonio Inoki was inducted to the HOF that year. Maybe that's why Yoshi Tatsu won.

Back on topic, yeh he had couple of storylines and brief feuds with the likes of Shelton, Christian and brief partnership with Goldust. Please WWE don't let Yoshi *sighs* pin Ted next week on Superstars....

· Banned
8,172 Posts
God, I was such a mark for Yoshi Tatsu on ECW. He was actually one of the brand's top stars back in 2009, and the 2nd biggest babyface after Christian.

It's a shame his career has gone nowhere since they got rid of ECW.

· Banned
8,172 Posts
Antonio Inoki was inducted to the HOF that year. Maybe that's why Yoshi Tatsu won.

Back on topic, yeh he had couple of storylines and brief feuds with the likes of Shelton, Christian and brief partnership with Goldust. Please WWE don't let Yoshi *sighs* pin Ted next week on Superstars....
To be honest, even if Ted does win against Yoshi, I don't think it's going to matter very much for either man.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.