Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
TNA Believer
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AJ Styles recently spoke with Brady Hicks at WEXP 1600 AM Philly about TNA’s youth movement, his relationship with Ric Flair and more. Check out the highlights:

On TNA’s youth movement: “They’re … WE are definitely in a better place. If we’re making new stars, that’s what we need to do. We gotta build that foundation, and it starts by making new stars. You can’t rely on Rob Van Dam and Jeff Hardy and guys like that who have been around for awhile …. or even AJ Styles for that matter. You have to continue to build new stars to rely on and to keep it fresh.”

On the Bobby Roode and James Storm’s development: “I gotta tell you, when those two broke up as a tag team I thought, ‘Oh man, that’s the worst thing that could ever happen to tag team wrestling.’ Literally these guys were the best in the world as a tag team … It’s crazy what has happened with them over time. I can’t say that I don’t want to see this match happen because I do.”

On having guys like Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, Sting and Kurt Angle around: “It’s a great thing to have around. If you can soak up as much information as they’re putting out. You can only get better with those guys around you … These guys have done a lot in this business. If you can soak up some of that information. The sky’s the limit.”

On his Relationship with Ric Flair: “I soaked up so much information from Ric Flair that I realized he’s kind of a douche-bag. Neither Fortune nor myself wanted to be around him any more. Fortune kind of imploded because of it.”

On Bobby Roode as champion: “Like it or not, Bobby Roode is the best world heavyweight champion RIGHT NOW. The guy is good. You can’t deny that fact. He looks good. He wrestles even better than he looks. This guy is unstoppable at this point in his career.”

On how TNA can overtake WWE: “It’s not going to happen overnight. We don’t have the money that the other company has. We just have to take it slow … When we move to0 fast, that’s how you destroy a company.”

·
Registered
128 Posts
On how TNA can overtake WWE: “It’s not going to happen ever. We don’t have the money that the other company has. We just have to take it slow … When we move to0 fast, that’s how you destroy a company.”

If AJ was being realistic, that's what he should have said. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
23 Posts
On how TNA can overtake WWE: “It’s not going to happen ever. We don’t have the money that the other company has. We just have to take it slow … When we move to0 fast, that’s how you destroy a company.”

If AJ was being realistic, that's what he should have said. :rolleyes:
wwe mark

·
Registered
128 Posts
First off, I follow both companies, so I am in no way a WWE mark, secondly; why am I being labelled a mark
For being realistic? TNA personnel and TNA fanboys talk all the time about the possibility of TNA overtaking WWE
IT'S NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN!!
Everything TNA has and does is far worse than WWE:
TNA's: Roster: worse
Arena: worse
Production value: worse
Fans: worse
Management: worse
Marketing: worse
Booking: worse
TNA fanboys really need to wake up and accept that TNA will always be a shitty company and will always be a very distant second to WWE.

·
TNA Believer
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First off, I follow both companies, so I am in no way a WWE mark, secondly; why am I being labelled a mark
For being realistic? TNA personnel and TNA fanboys talk all the time about the possibility of TNA overtaking WWE
TNA fanboys really need to wake up and accept that TNA will always be a shitty company and will always be a very distant second to WWE.
Actually WWE fans talk a lot more about TNA overtaking WWE, that the other way around. TNA fans ambition one day that TNA grows to the point where that competition can happen, but we all know that aint happen any time soon.

Your "wwe, tna better or worse" rating, it's stupid. Why would you compare your usual local neighbourhood coffee shop with starbucks? why would you compare your high school basketball team with the lakers? WWE has the time, money, history, audience and all the resources that any other company doesn't have. So comparing what wwe offers with TNA, roh, dragongate or any other thing in the world it's a lost game for those promotions even before it start.

From my point of view, if WWE is a monopoly and if they are still alive today, they are doing many things right. So for companies like TNA, you can learn from what wwe is doing right and you can learn from their mistakes, but you got to understand that you can't copy them, so you must move on with your own ideas and by the end of the day you must present a different and appealing concept :cool2.

Bottom line, don't be stupid to the point of making that comparison between wwe and any other organization :no:

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,085 Posts
No way does WWE have a better roster.

Ignore the troll, he has the word awesome in his name which negates his opinion.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Which company has the better roster is obviously a matter of opinion, but I think TNA is extremely lucky to have the roster that they have, they just need to use the talent properly...Loved AJ's comment about Flair :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

·
Registered
851 Posts
So when called a WWE Mark your instant reaction is to prove that person right?

Bravo; you get an A for originality.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
I agree that the TNA roster is FAR superior to WWE's. The other criticisms have some merit, however.

That said, why compare the two. People moan about the Impact Zone and production values, but are you telling me ROH wouldn't kill for that set-up, rather than the town halls and community centres that they use?

People should just forget about the WWE. TNA should try and focus on what their vision for a product is and then focus on being the best it can be. To do that they need a clear booking/writing structure and a unified vision. Too many wrestlers describe TNA as being chaotic behind the scenes and it shows up on screen.

Okay everyone has an idea of what TNA should be like - but personally I'd like it to be taking more cues from ROH (albeit using its great roster) than WWE. They should be proud of being Number 2 - but take pride in being the better company. Put out the better product and as long as they're making a profit, be happy with that.

Ferrari is nowhere near the size of Ford. Do you think Ferrari give a damn?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts