Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Source: dailymail.co.uk

Blackadder the FIFTH on the cards: The news fans have waited 22 years for, as Rowan Atkinson hints at reunion

It might be 22 years after the hit show ended, but Rowan Atkinson has hinted that a fifth series of his classic sitcom Blackadder could be on the horizon.

While promoting his current spy spoof film Johnny English Reborn, he said yesterday: ‘It could be reprised in some form or other.

‘I think there is a possibility of a fifth series.’

Atkinson, who is more recently famed for his characters Mr Bean and Johnny English, told ITV’s Daybreak: ‘We’re all getting a bit old, sadly, to play the characters in the way we did so we’d have to shift it a bit to make it work.

‘They’ve all got slightly different attitudes and experiences to call upon now. It would be nice to get them all back together.’

Each of the original four series was set in a different historical period, with the first set in 1485 at the end of the British Middle Ages.

The second series jumped forward to Elizabethan times, with Miranda Richardson playing Queen Elizabeth.

The third series was set in the late 18th and early 19th centuries, while the fourth leaped forward in time again to 1917, during the First World War.

Fans were left hanging after the final series, Blackadder Goes Forth, which stopped filming in 1989, but there have been no hints over which time period a fifth series would start up at.

Atkinson added: ‘Generally speaking, Blackadder seemed to work best when there was a sort of claustrophobic world and a hierarchy.

‘So if you can think of any situations in which they are dominant – then I think there is a possibility of a fifth series.’

Blackadder was watched by millions worldwide and was voted best sitcom of all time by the British public in a 2004 poll.

Hole! Lee! Shit! Mark out news if true. Blackadder is my favorite British sitcom of all time.

·
22,784 Posts
As much as I loved shows like Only Fools and Horses, Red Dwarf etc etc... when they came back for specials and new series and shit... it just wasn't good. And Blackadder would most likely be the same. I mean, I'd still fucking watch it, but the odds of me liking it beyond the nostalgia factor it would bring up is slim to none. Please just let all these old shows rest peacefully in their awesomness, not to be disturbed decades later.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What the hell is Dutch then?

·
Administrator
33,686 Posts
If it happens I hope that they keep the feel of the old series' unlike the newest Red Dwarf for example that added CGI etc that just ruined the feel of it and secondly I hope they wait a year till Hugh Laurie is finished with house and free to do it.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If it happens I hope that they keep the feel of the old series' unlike the newest Red Dwarf for example that added CGI etc that just ruined the feel of it and secondly I hope they wait a year till Hugh Laurie is finished with house and free to do it.
I'm a believer. Atkinson, Curtis and Fry are too smart to screw up.

·
SMILEY GOD
17,016 Posts
Needs both Rowan Atkinson and Hugh Laurie, and i'm sure they'd have no problem luring Tony Robinson back. Normally i'm against bringing classic shows back, but those two really aren't that old, it's not like Harrison Ford coming back to do Indiana Jones. I trust the writers not to ruin this as it is for me the best comedy of all time. I wonder what period they'd do?

·
Premium Member
8,294 Posts
An amazing sitcom that was cancelled because no one watched it. It's worth a watch if you've got twenty minutes. The most notable cast members are probably Jason Bateman and Michael Cera.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts