Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but it's the chant that's over! I swear! Lol, logic, not a strong quality of butt hurt marks.

It can't be both ways. So which is it? Is it a horrible goofy chant that Daniel Bryan got over with his charisma and popularity? Or is it a brilliant, transcendental catch phrase that pushed a boring, no charisma, vanilla midget into the main event?

·
Banned
598 Posts
YES YES YES YES ... yup its so annoying

·
I'm Sa-Sa-Sleepy, boff!
3,375 Posts
It is annoying but not as bad as the "What?!?" chant.. I will take the YES chant over that any day..

·
Banned
2,765 Posts
Anything that gets over with the crowd. I respect yes!yes!yes! and I respect feed me more.

If CM Punk had something like that then maybe he could draw for the first time in his life.

·
Banned
1,695 Posts
I dont mind the chant. Its incredibly over.

What I do have an issue with is the silly pointing and jumping. I cant take any grown man seriously who does that as a means of intimidation.

·
Premium Member
8,587 Posts
I cringe whenever he does it. It's hard enough to take him seriously with his look alone, but with the goofy catchphrase and the childish jumping and pointing, it's nearly impossible for me to take him seriously. I'm reminded instantly of his midcard comedy shtick whenever he does it, and that's not good when I'm supposed to buy this guy as a serious main-event contender.

·
THE BIG DAWG
1,603 Posts
YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

:show

·
Banned
598 Posts
yes yes yes ,deeper yes yes ,o baby yes harder,yes yes faster , oo yes little bit slower ,,ooo soo good yes aaaa... oooouuuu yeeesssss.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I have no problem with it or any other chants either if it gets the crowd involved and helps you to get over.

·
Sleeps nude in an oxygen tent.
4,744 Posts
NO! NO! NO!

·
From parts unknown
23,262 Posts
It's not just the "yes!" chants. It's an easy way for the crowd to appreciate Bryan for his brilliant matches over the past few years.

And ummm ... when you think about it - no catchphrase is actually intellectually stimulating. If they were, then they probably wouldn't catch on.

If it hadn't been "Yes!", it would've been something else. The important thing here is that Bryan is over and gets main event star calibre reactions.

·
my socks are wet
2,971 Posts
Nothing is truly as bad as "What?!" groups of deaf individuals everywhere.

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
It makes me ashamed to be a wrestling fan, very childish and embarassing. Especially when you see grown wrestlers like daniel bryan, rvd, kofi kingston putting their arms in the air and shouting it.

Also Bryan using it in his promo's is just stupid. He sounds retarded emphasising the word yes by shouting it over and over

The catchphrase and everything Daniel Bryan screams mid-card, jobber. I like Bryan, he is a great wrestler but he just can't be taken seriously with this "yes" nonsence.

I honestly think vince/triple h have created this yes thing as an in joke on the marks.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts