Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Childish Gambino Is #1
6,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not much of a thread just wanted to say,
I feel like it's been on a roll lately. I'm really loving it,
and I think they can keep it going into the RTWM.
Miz new Champ
Punk at commentary
KOTR return
I even like the Edge and Kane feud, the end of SD! was pretty cool
Nexus still going and hopefully answering more questions about "The Bigger Picture"
The matches have just been top notch

I'm just really happy and really liking WWE right now.
The year 2009 lowered my expectations so much because of how bad it was.
But 2010 has been a very good year.

·
Banned
29 Posts
I started losing interest after the Edge-Cena feud was coming to an end. Hopefully they'll pick things up so I can say I'm a fan again.

·
Childish Gambino Is #1
6,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not. It's been decent at a few points this year, but it's gotten stale for me again recently.
Really?
Even with all these new young stars getting so much exposure?
All the new storylines?

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
lol I probably shouldn't have made a new thread, as this one summarizes my thoughts as well. The Nexus-Cena-Orton (and now Miz I guess) storyline has been one of best for a very, very long while.

·
Registered
11,840 Posts
i agree with the OP

Add in Danielson being us champ and Natalya finally being woman's champ

Feels Good man

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,819 Posts
Raw has had its best year since '05 in 2010. Every single week something good has happened on that show. Even the otherwise terrible shows like the January 11 episode had Miz's "locker room" promo, May 3 had the Orton/Edge confrontation to close the show out, May 10 had Batista vs. Daniel Bryan, etceteras, etceteras. I still can't believe how Raw's creative team seemed to utterly change in personality and direction by the simple turning of a calendar but beginning on January 4, Raw became a really good show again, for the first time in years.

Smackdown's been another story. But at least it still offers a lot of decent wrestling.

So, yeah, I'm happy with WWE on the whole as well.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,819 Posts
Also, I'd just like to say... Remember the days when WWE would labor to push one guy to main event level a year? Even after the brand split? And how about that utter eon during which nobody not named Jeff Hardy (or for a couple cups of coffee, CM Punk) ever got truly elevated to the main event scene after Edge made it in early 2006? (Kennedy, MVP, Lashley and others all fizzled, fucked up or got fumbled by WWE.)

In 2010, we've had

Sheamus
Jack Swagger
Wade Barrett
Alberto Del Rio
The Miz

and, to count an oldie ex-main-eventer, turned-midcarder for years, Kane

all elevated to the main event level, at least for a cup of coffee in the case of Swagger, or on the absolute verge in the case of Del Rio, but at least all heavily pushed throughout 2010. The Swagger push we can count as a failure, but it's a generally good batting average nonetheless, and Swagger, like Punk, will be given more chances in 2011 and beyond, there's no question about that.

It's just nice to see WWE go with so much fresh blood, since the old guard is continually dwindling in number.

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
I find the majority of the "new young stars" that the WWE has to offer to be extremely boring. Pushing young talent isn't always a good thing when the new talent doesn't have what it takes to have an entertaining feud.

·
Childish Gambino Is #1
6,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do you find "them" boring, or their storylines boring?
A lot of them haven't had interesting feuds, I must agree. But I think that's more writing than the actual wrestler.
Also feuds just aren't what they used to be either.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I'm happy with WWE as well, i love youth movement as a whole, they've got a lot of young talents who have tons of potential to be great in the future, Nexus saga has been the highlight of Raw for me this year, Alberto Del Rio shows a very promising performace so far, The Miz did a lot of memorable things, Cena has been FANTASTIC for the most part this year, and also they gave us a lot of great matches (Miz/Bryan, Taker/HBK, Bryan/Ziggler, Kofi/McIntyre, Morrison/Sheamus, Low-Ki/Ziggler, etc etc). It seems things are shaping up greatly for next year.

·
Banned
29 Posts
WWE needs to get a serious feud going that will have a good development and a nice long life. I find these longer feuds to be the best and most entertaining for a show.

·
Childish Gambino Is #1
6,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
^Yeah, they need more. This CeNeXus storyline is really nice though.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
I'm finally adjusting to the new WWE and I can honestly say it is pretty entertaining. I think the Survivor Series plot/PPV really took the cake. Mcmahon is taking chances with all the new stars and I totally agree with it.

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
Its gotten better over the year.

Just wait til Triple H comes back and books himself to headline Wrestle Mania, to make up for not being in a World Title match this year.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts