Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check it out if you haven't seen the revamped show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyXNKJSR7gE&feature=player_embedded

JB is a better announcer than Tenay.
I say this because not only is he less jacked up on caffeine but he makes Taz better. Taz seems to be more relaxed and more knowledgeable during matches. (But this could also be because they aren't distracted by another storyline going on and they focus just on the match). Overall the announcing is better on Xplosion in my opinion.

Better format.
Sure there are commercial breaks during the matches on Xplosion but that is just because the show is only 30 minutes long. The format of the show using begins with promos for ten minutes hyping the matches and then twenty minutes for two matches. The Sarita/Taylor match this week was so much better than the random brawl they had on iMPACT this week.. it just told a better story. Sarita actually makes a great heel. The Brutus/Terry match was also better than I expected. Terry still sucks but Magnus has great potential.

Oh and Xplosion has backstage interviews *gasp!*

·
Banned
5,646 Posts
Maybe it's because Xplosion is a 1 hour show and they actually don't need to fit 20 wrestlers on a 2 hour show for them to get paid? Hmmm....

But yes, I can agree Xplosion has a relaxing feel to it. Like ECW did last year.

·
Sly as a fox, ferocious as a lion
3,031 Posts
I have to agree with the OP here. Xplosion has a much more relaxing feel to it than Impact does. Maybe it's because of the talent they don't regularly use on Impact, or Taz is not as distracted as he was when he's usually paired with Tenay. But don't get me wrong, I still enjoy Impact.

·
Banned
5,646 Posts
Well again, not bad at all. You all may not like him but he's still a solid wrestling talent and moving him to Xplosion is a good move.

I'm starting to see a solid roster building on Xplosion now.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I wactched that, and it's the exact same format and the exact same show. The only real difference is that they use less talent and it doesn't feel so rushed together because they don't have as much to feature.

·
Registered
746 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
I think the show has awesome potential!

From the first episode til the most recent I think it's found its groove, and I hope it winds up on Spike on Saturday nigts. What I would LOVE is a 30 minute Xplosion followed by 30 minute Reaction. Who else would dig that?

Anyways, we can see women like Hamada, Sarita, Taylor and Daffney get proper time to be featured, since the only women that seem to get on iMPACT! are the Beautiful People and Angelina Love.

We can see a lot of the undercard guys do their thing. Amazing Red, Suicide (Kiyoshi), Homicide, Jordan, and Young have all been on that show, and I think it's great that they have a chance to work and still mean something while they're away from iMPACT! I would probably put Tomko and Shark Boy on their, too. Why not?

And it's clear that when the ECW storyline dies down, while Dreamer may have work on TV, Raven, Rhino and Stevie won't. Let them work with the younger guys on Xplosion. A nice feud between heel Rhino and a face Rob Terry might help the Welshman, and imagine Raven mentally screwing with pretty boy Magnus? Ink Inc. will probably get Xplosion showcased, too, after their stuff with Team 3D wraps up.

Also, it gives newer workers like Rosie, Terry, Okada, Magnus and Generation Me chances to develop more. Magnus especially really has potential, but on the other hand I really think Rosie shouldn't even be under contract.

I guess I am rambling... let me just finish by saying Xplosion is great and I hope Spike picks it up =].

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Fuck Magnus is cool, he's becoming a favorite of mine after the commentary on Impact and his interviews here. I love the guy. No homo.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I have to disagree. The format they're working with for Impact is perfect right now. Like the PPV's though, the standard interview/promos on Xplosion now set the show apart from Impact, and having that followed by 2 solid matches is good. But I can't believe people are so complimentary of JB on commentary. I can definately hear potential, and hopefully he'll develop that on Xplosion, but I just don't see how he compares to Tennay. Then again, I know I'm in the minority on that one.
Xplosion is the b-show, but I do love it since the rebranding. Agree with Panther that it has the potential to become TNA's Heat. A season of solid half hour shows and then maybe they can develop it into a full hour long show.
I dont know if it'll stay this way, but I think it's been really smart having the global belt featured on the show. Having Magnus go after The Freaks belt on the show has actually made it feel more like it's own title of some significance to me.
Wilde/Sarita was sweet. I enjoyed their brawl on Impact, but this is what I want to see from two of the best inring performers of the KO division.
The Rob/Maggy match was really good!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts