Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The XFL revealed the names and logos for its eight teams Wednesday, a long-awaited step toward its February 2020 debut.

The names will be:

Dallas Renegades

Houston Roughnecks

Los Angeles Wildcats

New York Guardians

St. Louis BattleHawks

Seattle Dragons

Tampa Bay Vipers

Washington Defenders

The XFL has spent the past two years determining team locations, signing stadium agreements and hiring head coaches. Its teams will play in a combination of NFL, MLB and MLS facilities. The league office has sent hundreds of draft pool invitations to prospective players and last month announced its first signing: veteran quarterback Landry Jones.

Next up will be finalizing and publicizing a rulebook that the league says will offer a reimagined game of football, including unique extra points, a modified setup for overtime and a shorter play clock to accelerate game tempo.

A draft is scheduled for October, followed by a minicamp in December and training camp in January 2020.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27433395/xfl-reveals-names-logos-eight-teams

This is going to fail so badly.

·
Super Moderator
25,840 Posts
Man, those logos look like straight out of the "Create-A-Team" feature in sports games lol.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Closest one for me would be St. Louis. I'm intrigued enough to watch a couple of games, but I won't buy a ticket unless it because viable.

·
Ex nihilo
9,319 Posts
You forgot about the Boston BIG DOGs and the Las Vegas Legit Bosses :vince2

Get ready XFL Universe, it's BOSS TIME :cole

·
NBA
3,388 Posts
What about the Memphis Succotash and the Boston Sophisticated?

Also, since they seem to hate being called the same as other companies/federations, are they going to call themselves sports entertainment (technically more accurate than the WWE being called such) or non spherical ball entertainment?

·
Registered
11,965 Posts
Superbowl just ended, let's watch garbage level football now with with the 90-98th best QB's in America.

Spring schedule would be the way to go - April to July. Allow players to head to NFL camps for August.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,032 Posts
Vipers one looks like an unused Orton logo. Oddly enough.. lol

Was going to say: will Randy Orton be the Tampa Bay Vipers' mascot? Hope that every touchdown scored the scoring player performs Orton's poses.
@Chrome; that is hilariously true about the logos. :lmao

Los Angeles and Seattle both get teams but no Bay Area team on the west coast. I see how it is, Vince. I see how it is.

Reactions: Chrome
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.