Wrestling Forum banner

141 - 160 of 171 Posts

·
Banned
839 Posts
Holy shit, imagine having this kind of attitude about things. Wow, just gross and pathetic. Nothing would please you more? Keep dreaming..
Yes, I hope the WWE has to cease all their operations, tapings, that there's more chaos and destruction everywhere. And yes, nothing would please and amuse me more than seeing Vince lose everything. I love it! Hope the WWE cannot tape any shows for the next 6 months and their deals get cancelled. ;):LOL::ROFLMAO::giggle:.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Holy shit, imagine having this kind of attitude about things. Wow, just gross and pathetic. Nothing would please you more? Keep dreaming..
Things would very quickly change when WWE Network disappeared and the pro wrestling industry went into kind of a recession. Suddenly that very same poster would be hoping for WWE to return and talking about the good old days of WWE.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Yes its sad people lost jobs.

XFL 1 got laughed out the business but if you try again and put in more money people are willing to give you the benefit and XFL 2 surprisingly got the media's curiosity again.

But wrestling fans knowing Vince knows this was never about being an alternative to NFL or giving out jobs. Vince yet again was trying to have an exit away from wrestling, the very same bread and butter that made him.

That is why this is funny.

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
You can’t just buy a stake in an NFL team. Even if you have the money there’s a long process by which the other owners have to approve the purchase AND the buyer.

Vince tried to buy a stake, the other owners said no.
Why did the other owners say no? They don't like money?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Yes its sad people lost jobs.

XFL 1 got laughed out the business but if you try again and put in more money people are willing to give you the benefit and XFL 2 surprisingly got the media's curiosity again.

But wrestling fans knowing Vince knows this was never about being an alternative to NFL or giving out jobs. Vince yet again was trying to have an exit away from wrestling, the very same bread and butter that made him.

That is why this is funny.
I really don't think Vince meant this to be his exit from wrestling. I think he couldn't live with the XFL being a failure the 1st time around.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I really don't think Vince meant this to be his exit from wrestling. I think he couldn't live with the XFL being a failure the 1st time around.
Whether or not he exits, Vince hates wrestling.

He has a lot of failed ventures outside of wrestling like the body building fed, movies, xfl, xfl again,

Compares his shows to variety hours, banned use of pro wrestling vocabs, says he is in the entertainment business. Makes it a point to fire and hire any wrestler to bury and embarass. Only reason he doesnt bury the entire roster at this point is he still got to make some money.

·
Registered
6,470 Posts
50 million people aren't dying from the same cause though. This is only the beginning, and already 100,000+ have died. Millions will have died from Corona by the time a vaccine is ready! Did you just skip over what I wrote about mutations in viruses? Plus, there is a vaccine for flu which EVERYONE is suppossed to get, but at least people at risk can protect themselves. Now nobody has anything. If everyone got sick at once there would be no room in the hospitals and many more would die b/c they can't get treatment. They're already putting people in mass graves on islands in NYC, and things are still going to get worse! In Italy they've been taking ventillators away from anyone over 60 to give to younger people.

But you might as well get used to missing your "freedom" ya selfish prick, b/c you wont be going anywhere for 6 months at least. Guess you missed the memo, but "The needs of the MANY outway the needs of a FEW."
Wow do you hear yourself? You really are drinking the MSNBC koolaid aren't you.
Things would very quickly change when WWE Network disappeared and the pro wrestling industry went into kind of a recession. Suddenly that very same poster would be hoping for WWE to return and talking about the good old days of WWE.
Exactly, I cannot stand the attitude of some of these entitled edgy little children.

·
Registered
9,281 Posts
Vince probably now has a couple of hundred million in Alpha Entertainment that he doesn’t have to fork out beyond severance pays and the like. Sounds like a parachute for whatever happens with WWE and its TV deals.

·
Registered
12,731 Posts
Why did the other owners say no? They don't like money?
You’d have to ask them, but they probably look down on wrestling and Vince Mcamahin by extension.

They also have shown they don’t like glorified carnival barkers which is why they rejected Donald trump.

And of course they like money, but they don’t have to scramble to find someone to give it to them. They have lists of people willing to do so. They can literally sit back and pick and choose.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Whether or not he exits, Vince hates wrestling.

He has a lot of failed ventures outside of wrestling like the body building fed, movies, xfl, xfl again,

Compares his shows to variety hours, banned use of pro wrestling vocabs, says he is in the entertainment business. Makes it a point to fire and hire any wrestler to bury and embarass. Only reason he doesnt bury the entire roster at this point is he still got to make some money.
What's really funny is that he gets everyone else in his inner circle to believe his bullshit. There were reports that Steph was trying to get emmy award nominations for Raw. They just dont get it. They're always going to be seen as "just wrestling" by the outside world. No matter how many different names they try to label themselves as. They're carnies. You can't work the entertainment world like you think you can your wrestling audience.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Wow do you hear yourself? You really are drinking the MSNBC koolaid aren't you?
MSNBC? Hahaha I don't watch the news, I hate politics especially in this country.

It's called having 3 degrees in Biology and being intelligent. Anyone with a little knowledge & some critical thinking skills can see what's happening. Either that or you you don't care what happens to the people around you.

Without a vaccine all 8 billion of us will be infected soon enough. Figuring conservatively at a 3% death rate thats 240 million bodies in a year or 2 max. So unless you want bonfires in the middle of cities to get rid of all those bodies, quarantining is necessary.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Without the two billion dollar tv deals they aren't offering big new deals.

Pro wrestling is dog eat dog capitalism. The entire goal of Turners WCW was to put Vince out of business. In any business if a new much richer competition entered market they would try to hang on to their employees. If Google entered Shad Khan's business and built factories next door to him surely he would triple wages for his top staff to keep them on board.

AEWs very existence is hurting NJPW and ROH among others. Anthem owners of Impact cancelled NJPW on AXS which will hurt their expansion in the US.
Wrong. That was Bischoff's goal. Turner never cared about Vince and the WWF--all Ted did was provide his Southern audience their desired style of wrestling that Vince nearly killed off in the 80s. On the other hand, Bischoff convinced TBS that WCW should have a live weekly show to directly compete with the Fed, thus starting the Wars

·
Registered
6,470 Posts
MSNBC? Hahaha I don't watch the news, I hate politics especially in this country.

It's called having 3 degrees in Biology and being intelligent. Anyone with a little knowledge & some critical thinking skills can see what's happening. Either that or you you don't care what happens to the people around you.

Without a vaccine all 8 billion of us will be infected soon enough. Figuring conservatively at a 3% death rate thats 240 million bodies in a year or 2 max. So unless you want bonfires in the middle of cities to get rid of all those bodies, quarantining is necessary.
Lol may want to check your statistics and what you consider facts. You're right about one thing though. Anyone with a little knowledge & some critical thinking skills can see what's happening.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Essentially Vince McMahon getting out of money owed!

141 - 160 of 171 Posts