Wrestling Forum banner

121 - 140 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I don't get why so many people are against the new layout it's not offensive in any way. I also pay little attention to it anyway.
It's completely retarded. This forum was already dying (at least from what I've seen, not as active as years ago) and this retarded overlay will just speed up that process.
I don't use this forum as often as before and I am still confused by this layout when i log in, where did half options go?

·
Registered
11,771 Posts
Everybody in the world except Vince knew XFL was never going to succeed. All this pandemic did was save Vince and others a lot of time and (failed) effort from trying to make it a success.

McMahon will just have to accept that the only thing he's gifted at is being a wrestling promoter.
I disagree. AEW got a very good tv deal (Raw/SD 2014-19 tv money) for pro wrestling quickly. No question in my mind xfl was getting decent tv deal at the end of the year for a more in demand sport. Their numbers on ESPN2 and FS1 were good even and both those are much weaker than TNT.

Unlike 2001 live sport even pro wrestling is in demand and networks will pay to air. The MLS make $100+ million from tv for average 200-300k viewers. XFL should have got at least that and more

·
Registered
11,741 Posts
McMahon should have just saved the money from the two XFL attempts and just bought majority ownership in a NFL team when the opportunity arose. Vince is rich but he isn’t rich in comparison to some of the richest people in the world that have $10s of billions of dollars. A gamble like this where he had possibly hundreds of millions invested or set aside for capital would be a pretty sizable chunk of his net worth.
NFL BOG vets ownership groups - IIRC Vince was rejected before and that's why he tried the XFL the first time. Trump was rejected as well IIRC - tried to buy the Buffalo Bills, which is why he sticks it to the NFL.

Both are not rich enough for NFL ownership and are carny hucksters that would hurt the NFL brand.

Anyone who finds ANY kind of enjoyment in this venture failing is a pos. They clearly cannot comprehend how economy works in general I believe.

I work for one of the 3 largest Speciality tyre importers in South Africa, and our yearly revenue is around the US$30 Million mark, and guess what: Our CEO is an absolute insincere asshole, however, no matter how I feel about him, and our company is in serious trouble and 170 people stand to lose their jobs, as we're in a position where our lockdown has been extended as it has proven greatly effective in spreading COVID, which leaves our company without the ability to generate an income for over a month, with multiple containers worth of stock ordered 2 weeks in advance of our Lockdown in South Africa which need to be paid for now, along with other contracted expenses such as rental of various premises and warehouses etc that still need to be paid even if we don't trade. This also coupled with the fact that alot of our clients have stopped paying their accounts, and others informing us that they are applying for business rescue on order to try and salvage their companies.

Our Cash flow has been impacted to unprecedented levels and my livelyhood is on the line. I absolutely feel for these XFL employees and yes, even VKM. Our CEO, whom is also a majority shareholder told me himself that if our company folds, he won't take part in another venture and simply take whatever is left of his fortune and retire with his family at the age of 48, as he has enough wealth to never have to work again in the first place. How many other millionaires and billionaires are going to do the same, where they end up just wanting to preserve their own wealth ?
Yeah, but you know how economy works because you work at a tyre shop. Your owner can take his millions and "Go Galt" all the friggin wants. Economy is supply and demand. Period. If there is a demand for the product somebody else will step up and supply it. And they might not be some entitled rich asshole to work for because they'll be starting out and have to depend and rely on employees and treat them right and compensate them fairly. This owner won' take his millions and retire because it's never enough for these millionaires - they want to be billionaires and then billionaires want more billions and they'll screw over every worker and little guy for their next penny towards it. You believe this guy continued to run the business out of the goodness of his heart and only now decides - Hey I have enough money to retire?

Vince McMahon puts how many wrestling companies out of business? Vince McMahon is still trying to kill AEW with direct moves against it to stifle it - gee, I'm sure he's concerned about all those workers. Funny how he can all of a sudden afford to offer his wrestlers more time off, double their pay and give 5 yr contracts when he finally got some competition. So he could have did that before but instead wanted to pocket that money for himself.

·
Registered
11,771 Posts
Vince McMahon puts how many wrestling companies out of business? Vince McMahon is still trying to kill AEW with direct moves against it to stifle it - gee, I'm sure he's concerned about all those workers. Funny how he can all of a sudden afford to offer his wrestlers more time off, double their pay and give 5 yr contracts when he finally got some competition. So he could have did that before but instead wanted to pocket that money for himself.
Without the two billion dollar tv deals they aren't offering big new deals.

Pro wrestling is dog eat dog capitalism. The entire goal of Turners WCW was to put Vince out of business. In any business if a new much richer competition entered market they would try to hang on to their employees. If Google entered Shad Khan's business and built factories next door to him surely he would triple wages for his top staff to keep them on board.

AEWs very existence is hurting NJPW and ROH among others. Anthem owners of Impact cancelled NJPW on AXS which will hurt their expansion in the US.

·
Registered
12,731 Posts
The XFL was a mixed bag from the start.

While, because evidently this point has to be emphasized instead of inferred, I feel bad for all the employees from the players to the towel boys to the off the field staff that lost their jobs, the XFL was brought back to stroke the ego of a man who’s ego needs to be humbled not stroked. It was brought back at a time to take advantage of certain issues brewing with fans concerning how players partook in social issues and brought back to try and spite the NFL owners that wouldn’t let Vincent Kennedy McMahon join their club.

On the other hand the XFL did provide a platform for athletes looked over by the NFL to plies their tried as well as attempt to compete with the virtual monopoly that is NFL, something that does contain some irony given WWe’s virtual monopoly though something I feel should ALWAYS be encouraged nonetheless.

I also can’t blame fans for laughing at a McMahon failure. The man has spend the better half of ten years telling his costumers to go fuck themselves, laughing and mocking them for having “no where else to go”, and trolling his audience every chance he got. To infer what can be attributed to built up frustration and karma, and yes even justifiable enjoyment in seeing one’s detractor detracted, as malevolence towards XFL employees is a tad asinine.

One also can’t help but point out two things. One, McMahon closing the doors NOW during a pandemic presumably costing all of his employees their health insurance is MUCH more malevolent, and frankly dangerous, than any post on any stupid wrestling forum. Two, and perhaps more stinging but in no way meant to “twist the knife”, you have to do your research before taking employment with a company. If these employees did their research and knew they were getting into bed with a carnival barking one hundred and twelve year old who’s football league already folded once, then okay they knew the risk and theoretically shouldn’t be too shocked, perhaps disappointed about how soon it came, but not shocked at the end result. If they didn’t do their research, as in all things, perhaps they should have.

Again that’s not meant to “blame the victim” but their is some responsibility there.

As I said to start it’s a mixed bag. McMahon should be laughed at, if only because he’s a pompous asshole that spends so much time laughing at others, but it is possible the next great football player won’t get their chance to be seen and a lot of menial employees are now out of work AND out of health insurance which is terrible.

Again, and finally, mixed bag.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
This second time around for fans I think this hurts even more cause this time it was a success and fans were really into it this go around.

Especially Houston fans its been painful being an fan of The Houston Texans and The Houston Roughnecks were kicking ass out the locker room.

When large crowds are able to be large crowds again Vince should keep it going cause time around it was great

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
Shame bout the job losses but this was an obvious failure from the start.
I disagree. The NFL desperately needs a minor league for the development of key positions, such as quarterbacks. The lack of practice time under the current CBA is destroying the development of any quarterbacks taken after the second round. NFL Europa used to be a place where lower tier quarterbacks such as Scott Mitchell and Kurt Warner could develop their skills, but it has been gone for over ten years now. The XFL - if it proved to be financially stable - could have been that league. I know that the Alliance for American Football was explicitly aiming to become the NFL's minor league.

I suspect that Vince would have pulled it off, if not for what has emerged in the last few months. For this XFL, I think we were seeing 1997 Vince McMahon - someone desperate to succeed, looking at every angle to success, and someone willing to the listen.

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
It's completely retarded. This forum was already dying (at least from what I've seen, not as active as years ago) and this retarded overlay will just speed up that process.
I don't use this forum as often as before and I am still confused by this layout when i log in, where did half options go?
Again that's all fine and good and can understand that people who are used to or looking for more frills and or options probably don't like this new format which has been pointed out to me lack features. I personally don't find this layout/format to be much of an issue as I am only here to talk about wrestling and am not looking for a wealth of options beyond a place to talk about wrestling.

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
So there's something else that I have observed.

The WWE roster (most of them anyway) are a bunch of mouthy individuals who can't keep their hands off social media. From what I have seen, none of them commented on this matter. Did any of them comment on what Vince did? Did any of them comment on XFL being dropped like a bag of potatoes and where everyone lost their jobs during a time where getting any kind of job is the most difficult?

·
Registered
12,750 Posts
NFL BOG vets ownership groups - IIRC Vince was rejected before and that's why he tried the XFL the first time. Trump was rejected as well IIRC - tried to buy the Buffalo Bills, which is why he sticks it to the NFL.

Both are not rich enough for NFL ownership and are carny hucksters that would hurt the NFL brand.

I dunno, Vince was supposedly worth around $3+ billion prior to selling off a large amount of WWE stock valued in the $100s of millions. I doubt we will ever know how much Vince truly put into the XFL and is now lost. The last NFL expansion team [Houston Texans] were purchased for about $700 million almost 20 years ago. Nowadays, there is no chance Vince could buy a NFL team. The NFL has exploded in value over the last 2 decades and pretty much every franchise is worth $1+ billion and most are worth at least $2+ billion. But 20 years ago? There were certainly opportunities in the early 2000s to try to at least get majority/plurality ownership of a team [Barring, as you say, the NFL Board rejected it].

Reactions: taker_2004

·
Registered
11,741 Posts
Without the two billion dollar tv deals they aren't offering big new deals.

Pro wrestling is dog eat dog capitalism. The entire goal of Turners WCW was to put Vince out of business. In any business if a new much richer competition entered market they would try to hang on to their employees. If Google entered Shad Khan's business and built factories next door to him surely he would triple wages for his top staff to keep them on board.

AEWs very existence is hurting NJPW and ROH among others. Anthem owners of Impact cancelled NJPW on AXS which will hurt their expansion in the US.
Absolutely - It's business. Vince started the XFL to make himself more money, not to create jobs for out of work wannabe football players. Vince started first version of the NFL as competition to NFL because they rejected him as a franchise ownership group because he's a low brow carny.

I choose to dance on the grave of the XFL (again) because Vince McMahon is a scumbag. The XFL was never going to succeed because it's bad football where you're watching the 2000th best football players play each other. NFL has 60-men rosters including PS and IR's and the like so 32 teams x 60 players is 1920 players. So XFL has 1921st best player to the 2320th best player and you expect that is going to be good football?

·
Registered
12,731 Posts
McMahon should have just saved the money from the two XFL attempts and just bought majority ownership in a NFL team when the opportunity arose. Vince is rich but he isn’t rich in comparison to some of the richest people in the world that have $10s of billions of dollars. A gamble like this where he had possibly hundreds of millions invested or set aside for capital would be a pretty sizable chunk of his net worth.
You can’t just buy a stake in an NFL team. Even if you have the money there’s a long process by which the other owners have to approve the purchase AND the buyer.

Vince tried to buy a stake, the other owners said no.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I'm not sure that you are following the conversation very well.

I just find it disturbing that people take pleasure in anyone's misfortune regardless of whether or not they are a billionaire. It's just weird.
Its not that wierd. People shouldn't be allowed to have billions of dollars to throw around as they please. So yes I had a good chuckle knowing that some of his wealth has been redistributed. The employees will find jobs, they had ones before the league started.

The reaction to this virus has become far worse than the virus itself. I hate how soft society has become. It's like freedom, liberties, and independence don't even matter anymore.
You're only guaranteed the freedom to do things that don't impede the rights of others.

Right now walking out your front door could cost someone their life! Not to mention the more people infected, the more chances for it to mutate and become deadly to everyone!

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
You're only guaranteed the freedom to do things that don't impede the rights of others.

Right now walking out your front door could cost someone their life! Not to mention the more people infected, the more chances for it to mutate and become deadly to everyone!
That's nonsense, you could say the same thing about the flu. The flu isn't as bad as this, but it still kills tens of thousands of people a year, but we don't shut down the world economy and give up our freedoms. How come? How come those peoples lives didn't matter? 50 million people die every year, but we shut off the world because of a couple of hundred thousand?

·
Banned
839 Posts
This is fantastic news! :giggle::ROFLMAO: . I hope Vince loses 500M dollars or more than half of whatever his net worth is, the WWE goes bankrupt, and everything crashes. Nothing would please me more! Vince deserves it!

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
52,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
I like that OP hates Vince McMahon despite being in the WWE section of a Wrestling Forum and having an avatar AND signature of a WWE contracted talent.
I h ope you're being sarcastic. Do all fans of sports teams love their owners? Do Knicks fans love Jim Dolan? Do Mets fans love the Wilpons? Geez. What a lazy analogy.

Fact is, Vince didn't make a profit on the XFL. Hell, he didn't even break even. That, from a business standpoint, makes this a waste of time, energy, and money from Vince's business standpoint. That doesn't mean NO good came of it. At least he paid people who needed jobs. But from his business standpoint, anyone who has taken a Business 101 class in High School will tell you when someone doesn't make a profit, and doesn't even make their money back in order to at least break even, anyone who's taken a Business 101 class in High School will tell you it wound being a waste of money for that businessman from a business standpoint. This is fact. Not opinion. Now, is this gonna hurt Vince's bank account? Very, very little.

Common sense stuff.

·
Registered
391 Posts
That's nonsense, you could say the same thing about the flu. The flu isn't as bad as this, but it still kills tens of thousands of people a year, but we don't shut down the world economy and give up our freedoms. How come? How come those peoples lives didn't matter? 50 million people die every year, but we shut off the world because of a couple of hundred thousand?
50 million people aren't dying from the same cause though. This is only the beginning, and already 100,000+ have died. Millions will have died from Corona by the time a vaccine is ready! Did you just skip over what I wrote about mutations in viruses? Plus, there is a vaccine for flu which EVERYONE is suppossed to get, but at least people at risk can protect themselves. Now nobody has anything. If everyone got sick at once there would be no room in the hospitals and many more would die b/c they can't get treatment. They're already putting people in mass graves on islands in NYC, and things are still going to get worse! In Italy they've been taking ventillators away from anyone over 60 to give to younger people.

But you might as well get used to missing your "freedom" ya selfish prick, b/c you wont be going anywhere for 6 months at least. Guess you missed the memo, but "The needs of the MANY outway the needs of a FEW."

·
Registered
6,470 Posts
This is fantastic news! :giggle::ROFLMAO: . I hope Vince loses 500M dollars or more than half of whatever his net worth is, the WWE goes bankrupt, and everything crashes. Nothing would please me more! Vince deserves it!
Holy shit, imagine having this kind of attitude about things. Wow, just gross and pathetic. Nothing would please you more? Keep dreaming..

121 - 140 of 171 Posts