Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
- NXT star Xavier Woods is scheduled to become a regular on WWE TV soon. WWE dropped the Big Show petition angle he was involved in so they're waiting for a new storyline reason to have Woods debut. As noted before, WWE sees Woods as a great PR representative for the company because of his educational background.

Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe...ed_About_Matt_Morgan.html#ZfLijdxvUj3qEUFl.99
I hope this pans out! He's a great talent. I wish they were doing more with him on the NXT product, but if a call up is imminent, that's even better.

·
Registered
979 Posts
:lol :lol :lol
That was one of the best debut story lines they could have had for him! It was completely original!

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Consequences Creed moving on up in the WWE! Who would have thought a few years ago that this would happen?

I really do hope that it works out for Woods. The guy has talent and is obviously smart. The way they showcased him during the unveiling of the Performance Center showed that they are high on him.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Out of the NXT Roster Woods should be waaaaay down the pecking order for guys deserving call-ups (Zayn, Neville, Graves, Breeze, Ohno, Kruger). Personally I reckon Rusev and Aiden English should be in-line before him. Even Bo with his current gimmick.

·
Registered
14,396 Posts
Message to NXT wrestlers - make yourself marketable outside of wrestling. I like Woods, but he hasn't done nothing in NXT, a secondary player with no character hook or memorable matches. You knew this was coming though as Vince will now unleash both a Harvard trained lawyer(Otunga) and a legit Phd (Woods) to the mainstream media whenever controversy pops up.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Out of the NXT Roster Woods should be waaaaay down the pecking order for guys deserving call-ups (Zayn, Neville, Graves, Breeze, Ohno, Kruger). Personally I reckon Rusev and Aiden English should be in-line before him. Even Bo with his current gimmick.
This is one of the dumbest post I have seen... Did you really say Breeze?

I have been telling all of you knuckle heads that Woods was gunna be THE man and no one paid attention. I haven't been wrong yet. This guy is much more marketable than any of those other guys as a whole. The others need way too much back story to be booked correctly.

The Ascension nee a promo.. Zayne cant debut until DBrys light fade because they are the same character. Kruger could make an impact as a body guard or gun for hire but nothing major. Breeze... Breeze is fun but will never make the main roster unless they run out of gag angles and jobbers. Ohno has no marketability. He's Bryan meets CM Punk. Out of shape but tenacious.

Woods was super over and has the most unique move set. He is the most unique looking and has the most charisma and PR capabilities out of everyone. He's been an obvious choice for a long while.

I don't see him going past id-card any time soon but then again none of the other people on that list ever will either most likely but since Sheamus will probably come back as a heel they need a new face for the kids.

Oh yeah and he's 25yrs old almost with a PHD and a minority... PR GOLD.:vince5

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Message to NXT wrestlers - make yourself marketable outside of wrestling. I like Woods, but he hasn't done nothing in NXT, a secondary player with no character hook or memorable matches. You knew this was coming though as Vince will now unleash both a Harvard trained lawyer(Otunga) and a legit Phd (Woods) to the mainstream media whenever controversy pops up.
No Hook??

Zayn has no hook..

But Xavier woods has "IT'S MORPHIN' TIME!"

·
Registered
21,665 Posts
I can imagine this being a quick deal and him being gone before a year. The guy's been in NXT for years now, after already having international exposure with TNA, so you would have thought he'd have been ready ages ago. To me, this seems like a last-ditch attempt to get some use out of him before they let him go.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I can imagine this being a quick deal and him being gone before a year. The guy's been in NXT for years now, after already having international exposure with TNA, so you would have thought he'd have been ready ages ago. To me, this seems like a last-ditch attempt to get some use out of him before they let him go.
His delay in being called up is down to him being in the middle of his PhD, he can't really finish that up if he's touring the country non-stop. He goes long periods without being on NXT because of it.

·
Registered
6,524 Posts
A quick deal? The company would absolutely adore having a legitimate doctor on their roster of wrestlers, and not just a doctor, but a doctor that's very good at public speaking (see the Performance Center opening, which Woods spoke at, and did very well).

He's only in his 20s, too. If he completes his PhD and wants to stick around, he'll have a job for years based on the PR value alone. Luckily he's a solid wrestler and seems good at connecting to the crowd, too.

Long story short, just be marketable and you'll go places. Actual talent gets little
But he is talented. He's not the most, in NXT, but he's a good wrestler with noticeable charisma.

·
Banned
8,732 Posts
He's a good talker, a good athlete, has lots of charisma and is still young. Why are you lot writing him off already? Okay he might be a little too small and not have quite the ability to be a top maineventer, but I think he can be an over midcard act for many years to come. I could see him almost being like a face equivalent of Damian Sandow.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I think it'd be cool to see him team with Kofi for a bit to start off. Kofi is perpetually over (not massively over but over enough), so he'll get the crowd behind him quicker working with Kofi. Also, I think their styles mesh very well(they'd make a fun tag team) and he would majorly get over in this tag team, especially given the state of the tag division (it's anyone's for the taking and is actually showing a lot of potential right now to become a big deal again).

I feel him just debuting as a singles would be rough, most recent solo debuts haven't gone well.

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
Look, NXT has lots of talented guys who deserve a call-up. But it's like going to auditions - there are lots of talented actors, but very few roles. Right now, Xavier Woods is what they're looking for. Next time, who knows. But more of it has to do with the holes that need filled in the main roster than whoever 'deserves' to come up.

·
EXCELSIOR!
16,303 Posts
As much as I detest Otunga, I can seriously see him, Woods, Sandow and Aiden English being a heel stable of wrestlers with their collective gimmick being that they're highly proficient in social sciences: Law (Otunga), art / culture (English) and intellectualism (Woods and Sandow). You can have them all add something to each division: Sandow contends for the WHC, Woods contends for the mid-card titles (in addition to being something of a protege for Sandow, which in turn can easily set up a face turn for Woods once he gets fed up of Sandow being his "mentor") while English and Otunga aim for the tag titles.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
He's the most ready out of everyone on the NXT roster.

HE's just focusing on his PHD as the member below you mentioned. He would have been on the main roster a long time ago.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.