Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He is a former European, Lightweight and Tag Team Champion. As far as i know he had 5 World Title Shots in his Mainstream Career, all of them were in the WWE, his first was somewhere between 94 and 95 against Bret Hart. After that he had one in the RAW Episode of 17.11.98 where he faced The Rock, 3 Weeks later he again got a Shot at the UK PPV Capital Carnage. Then in 2000 he got 1 Shot at the Belt against The Rock and Earl Heber with fellow DX Member HHH and Road Dogg in a Handicap Match. But i didn't post this for the hell of it. I find X-Pac to have been a very talented Wrestler, he was pretty great in the Ring, a good underdog and one of the first Cruiserweights to have sucess in the States like that. But i don't know, i find that there is just something about him that makes me dislike him. He looks like a annoying stick. Am i the only one who feels the X Pac Heat here:D? I can respect his accomplishments, but for some reason i don't like him at all, that's why i feel he should have been more a Heel rather than a Face.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
I was fairly young during that era. I was a huge fan of his at first. Loved his finisher and his theme song (that DX theme remix), and thought he was cool. For the life of me, I don't know why I suddenly couldn't stand X-Pac. I don't even know when it started. One day, I just wanted him off my screen. Think it was around when he teamed up with Kane, but it might've been before that.

But thinking on it now, he was pretty talented. Maybe he should've been a heel.

·
You are being watched
5,683 Posts
As soon as I got over his theme, and how good he was on the Playstation 1 smackdown games, I started to hate him. He became so generic and irrelevant towards later 99 he just became pathetic. He was billed to be a jobber, but he won? I can't describe the hate for him, its just there :)

Edit: Then he made X-factor... that put the final nail in his coffin, so to speak.

·
Banned
4,312 Posts
When he was apart of the NwO, he wasn't really annoying because he was such a Hall and Nash sidekick. But the DX shit? It was vomit inducing and while he remained popular for the first half of 1999, you just see from afar that fans were gonna get sick of that shit sooner rather than later with how the Rock and Austin basically spitting on DX like they weren't shit in promos.
If you think DX SUCKS, give me a HELL YEAH
The Rock says he would rather stick his finger down his throat and spew vomit before he endures another DX night

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
I was fairly young during that era. I was a huge fan of his at first. Loved his finisher and his theme song (that DX theme remix), and thought he was cool. For the life of me, I don't know why I suddenly couldn't stand X-Pac. I don't even know when it started. One day, I just wanted him off my screen. Think it was around when he teamed up with Kane, but it might've been before that.

But thinking on it now, he was pretty talented. Maybe he should've been a heel.
It was like a switch was flipped and everyone suddenly hated him, I think Edge summed it up perfectly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVD1XO2mnq8

skip to 1.14

·
Registered
537 Posts
*ahem*

Throughly enjoyed X-Pac in WWE, wasnt watching WCW while he was there and have only seen a bit even now, his ladder match with Eddide was good stuff indeed. Loved his style, attitude, everything, STILL wish he hadve won KotR99 ! Still enjoy watching the night after Wrestlemania 14 when he makes his come back too !

·
Registered
813 Posts
I thought he was awful. Hated hearing him talk, hated seeing him in the ring, even as 1-2-3 Kid. And I don't know if he created the Bronco Buster, but at the very least, he popularized it, and for that reason alone he stands out as being among the most loathsome wrestlers of all time.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
At that time i liked him only because he got cool movesets that were fun to use in the Smackdown video game. I never really got into him though.

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
I found X-Pac's matches to be entertaining as hell. The first ones that come to mind are his matches with D'Lo Brown

·
Registered
12,870 Posts
He was pretty exciting in the ring as the 1-2-3 Kid. Too bad he is mostly known as the hyperactive Clique/NWO/DX sidekick these days though.

·
Registered
395 Posts
X-Pac wasn't that great and it stood out even more when he failed to reinvent or evolve himself as the years went by.
This is what did him in. While Triple H became The Game, Billy Gunn became The One, Road Dogg rapped with K-Kwik, Chyna became the dominatrix female wrestler, X-Pac was essentially still doing the same crotchchopping thing.

For me personally, the X-Factor theme song was what turned me against him.

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
I use to think he was pretty cool in 1999. I can;t respect him because it seems he didn't work hard.

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
Sean Waltman the man is a dick. X-Pac the character is pretty cool, i've always liked his whole style of wrestling, blending martial arts with wrestling, good stuff.

·
Premium Member
686 Posts

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
This is what did him in. While Triple H became The Game, Billy Gunn became The One, Road Dogg rapped with K-Kwik, Chyna became the dominatrix female wrestler, X-Pac was essentially still doing the same crotchchopping thing.

For me personally, the X-Factor theme song was what turned me against him.
IMO that was kinda a good thing. Billy Gunn sucked, Road Dogg's gimmick sucked, and CHyna was decent, the only change that was good was HHH to the Game.

X-Pac imo was my favorite, he was one of the greatest in ring wrestlers and imo was hella entertaining. Never got tire of him, even in TNA. Yeah, I know.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts